[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fayfay suits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Sup famlam. I graduate in December of this year, and very soon I'll have interviews for internships and beyond.

What suit brands are /fa/ approved? I can afford something around $300-$200, and I need to get some nice shoes to match as well. Any tips in general?
>>
>>12453489
simplicity first
don't go for trendy gimmicks
navy is the most versatile
suit supply is what /fa/ generally recommends
>>
File: IMG_0816.jpg (60KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0816.jpg
60KB, 500x666px
The shirt from pic related is my Grail. It's just a plain button up I know but the fit is fucking great
Anyone id or know what I should be looking for?
Searching cdg shirt button up is bringing up nothing
>>
File: Henry-Herbert_015.jpg (88KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Henry-Herbert_015.jpg
88KB, 400x600px
>>12453489
jacket on your picture is terribad op,it's much too short
and the trouser break is also a tad bit short
also dont show your ankle,wear socks
>>
>>12453505
Seems like there's a surplus of wannabe suit experts on this board just chomping at the bit for a chance to critique a suit's fit. The pic OP posted isn't him, and he didn't even say he wanted a suit to fit like the pic he posted. He obviously is new to suits and was just posting that pic because it is related to the subject of his thread.

>>12453489
For your price range I recommend Express. They fit me well off the rack and I have to get minimal tailoring done to them. If you catch them on a sale/clearance they can be cheap as fuck
>>
>>12453489
>I can afford something around $300-$200, and I need to get some nice shoes to match as well

Well for that budget you can find nice shoes, but you won't have anything left for a suit
>>
I'd recommend picking up a used suit. There are so many high quality suits on ebay and grailed for steal prices. It's most important to have your measurements taken and then look for a suit with the proper shoulder width because this is the hardest part of a suit for a tailor to change. As long as the arms, legs, and length are close to or a bit larger than your measurements you should be able to have everything altered to fit you well. A competent tailor should be able to pin the suit and find the fit you're looking for, be it slim or more traditional.

Once you decide what look suits you and once you get experience with what a tailor can do then you can worry about spending more on a suit.
>>
>>12453492
>suit supply
Looks nice, and I think I can afford $400.

>>12453505
I'm in my 20's, and while I want to look professional before looking trendy, the fit on that looks like it's trying to hide his figure. Not to my taste.

>>12453534
I'll keep this in mind senpai, thanks.
>>
File: MK00695_BLUE_2.jpg (157KB, 570x692px) Image search: [Google]
MK00695_BLUE_2.jpg
157KB, 570x692px
>>12453518
>wannabe suit experts who wants to pick apart a suit
more like a person who really hates the current modern suit trends who doesn't want op to follow them
>>12453574
go for brooks then,they have a slim fit that isn't superbly offensive,and im sure you can find them on sale
>>
>>12453489
It'll be over you budged but Suitsupply Napoli all the way, better quality than department store crap (which means it will last longer assuming you take care of it), better fit (which means less tailoring), and will look better (classic fit and details which will always look good regardless of the latest suit trend).

Also, you cannot forget good shoes, as a cheap bulky shoe will look even more like garbage under a good fitting suit. Allen Edmonds are a good start.

All this is expensive, but I can almost guarantee you'll be the best looking guy in the room.
>>
>>12453586
>>12453505

You keep on posting blue suits worn with black shoes, with awful fabrics and boring as fuck associations. I do not think you should try to give advice to anon.

>>12453574
If you can afford it, suitsupply is really great for its price and they offer a lot of choice. Their shirts and ties are nice as well, you can really get everything but shoes from them.

For the shoes I suggest you look at Meermin, it's the best you can get for a cheap pair.

And for the colours please for the love of god do not get black shoes if you plan on buying a blue suit. Get brown ones. What I would personally recommend though would be a grey/charcoal suit with a nice fabric. It's the most versatile you can get : you can wear that with black oxfords and boring shirts / ties when you need to look really formal, and for normal occasions you can perfectly wear that with brown brogues, a fancy tie and a shirt with a pattern.

Also think about finding yourself a pocket square. Simply do not take it the same colour as your suit, shirt or tie.

Last thing : always have a pattern and some texture. Otherwise it will look boring. And if it looks boring, the message you're sending out is "I don't know what I'm doing, I don't like to wear suits but I still got myself one because I had to", which is not a good thing at all. The easy -and still formal- way to do so is to wear a striped shirt, a textured plain tie and a pocket square with a pattern different from stripes. If the fabric of your suit has a bit of texture already, you can go for a plain shirt though.

Hope it helped you a bit.
>>
>>12453677
You're giving quite advanced information but yeah, I agree.
>>
macys bar3 slim fit senpai
>>
>>12453693
Yes I was worried it would be too advanced, that's why I gave very specific examples. Even if he does not really understand how it works, if he simply takes what I suggested I don't believe he can fail.
>>
>>12453489
I just wore a boring grey oxxford skeleton lined jacket under my graduation robe.

Linen would probably be a better solution since colleges tend to use low quality polyester as a graduation robe and it doesn't help that they weigh it down with school banners, gpa ropes or w/e we had and that stupid baggy shit heap that looked like you were cosplaying assassin's Creed for the masters
>>
I appreciate all the wisdom famalam
love
>>
Can't decide on a navy or charcoal suit
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.