[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's the quality on Muji? I'm just looking for cheap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4515.jpg (27KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4515.jpg
27KB, 500x375px
How's the quality on Muji?

I'm just looking for cheap and tasteful simple/minimalist basics.
My gf said that Uniqlos quality is shit, even below Zara, but that she doesn't know about Muji's
>>
>>12452301
uniqlo is gud the fuck
>>
>>12452310
For reference she is Chinese and was referring to Uniqlo quality back in China being trash, she's never tried it abroad

She also says that Zara is positioned as a luxury brand in China and that it's quality is 100x better than in Europe
>>
I have a muji sweater and it's p good so. The muji in Sydney is in pitt street so i rarely venture into the crowed hellhole it is
>>
Imo uniqlo is much better quality and sells much more than muji does. Muji here only sells t shirts, shirts and socks.
>>
>>12452320
Well her opinion is pretty useless. Zara produces in Spain. Does she think they send the better batches to china and the bad ones to europe or what?
>>
Muji's clothes are painfully, painfully boring. It's all horizontal stripes and navy and beige... Quality is about the same as Uniqlo and Uniqlo is definitely more vibrant which is really fucking saying something.
>>
>>12452301
Linen pants and other linen stuff are nice. They make ""boring"", decent quality, cheap, minimal basics if that's what you're looking for.
>>
>>12452356
Sydney Muji + sushi train meet when?
>>
>>12452466
And kinokuniya after?
>>
>>12452372
I don't want vibrant anything
My ideal wardrobe is just navy, black, white, grey, offwhite and maybe some olive
>>
>>12452476
of course
>>
>>12452372
that's
the
fucking
point
>>
>>12452301
>I'm just looking for cheap and tasteful simple/minimalist basics.

Uniqlo and Muji are your safest bets for that

Uniqlo is probably better for wool and outerwear (e.g I would definitely go there rather than to Muji for sweaters and coats) and for denim. For shirts and tees I would say it is pretty much equivalent, the choice between them would mostly depend on the designs. Uniqlo heat techs are amazing though, if you want underwear tees for winter you should take those instead of Mujis.

>My gf said that Uniqlos quality is shit, even below Zara

Your gf knows whack shit, Uniqlo is miles above Zara in terms of quality.
>>
>>12452519
And like another anon said, Muji is particularly great for linen. But Uniqlo is good at is as well so here again I'd say the choice depends on the pieces and designs that are available.
>>
>>12452519
WHACK SHIT
>>
>>12452490
Doesn't mean it's not boring.
>>
>>12452301
Muji linens are GOAT. They definitely do do the "only stripes that already existed in 1850 for shirt patterns" thing, but that's my jam.
>>
I have a navy linen shirt from Muji and love it a lot, definitely 40 bucks well spent
>>
is h&m quality above or below zara/uniqlo?
>>
>>12452366
>zara produces in spain
no they dont you fucking mong it's all made in asian sweatshops
>>
>>12452614
The quality in fast fashion always depends on the pieces, you can find garbage-tier and ok-tier clothes at H&M

However Zara is quite consistent with low quality and Uniqlo is quite consistent with good quality. So I'd say that in general Uniqlo>H&M>Zara. But in the end it really can vary from piece to piece. If you know a bit about fabrics and garment construction, you always can cherry pick a few H&M pieces that will be way better than any Uniqlo ones. But still as a rule of thumb, H&M is generally low tier, uniqlo is generally good, and Zara is generally garbage
>>
>>12452620
You turbomong they all ship it back to spain and from there it is distributed. Quality is Literaly the same everywhere.
>>
>>12452641
>If you know a bit about fabrics and garment construction
I try to buy 100% cotton, I'm I wrong? What are the things I should look for about fabrics and garment construction?
>>
>>12452301
i found that the quality of stuff i buy in store is much better than stuff online, so watch out for that
>>
>>12452480
wow you sound REALLY interesting.
>>
>>12452320
chinese people also think mcdonalds is fine dining
>>
>>12452620
Zara produces most of it's fashion forward pieces in Spain, Turkey, and Portugal. That's a huge part of their business model. They own their own factories in Europe, which is how they're able to jump on trends in a matter of days instead of the weeks or months it takes other fast fashion companies to get stuff produced in Asia.

Do your research before you spout your assumptions as fact.
>>
>>12453289
The material it's made of doesn't really mean much. Not only are there many different quality tiers for each material including cotton but in this day and age 100% anything doesn't mean much for quality. Synthetic fabrics have come such a long way since the '40's and the idea that synthetic equates to inferior is dated. Rick Owens, for example, uses many synthetic blends to provide different textures and draping.

It's more important to judge a garment just by handling it. It sounds stupid but if you've handled lots of different fabrics it's pretty easy to tell the difference between high quality and low.

Then you look at the cut, seams, and stitching. Are the clothes cut in a boxy one size fits all manner or are they cut to conform to the body? Is the seamwork logical? Is it anatomic or straight? Is the stitching reinforced at stress points? Are there loose threads?

It's kind of hard to explain in writing but go to a department store sometime and look at a high end designer shirt. Examine the details and look at the composition tags. Then do the same for a cheap basic shirt. Note the differences. You can read up on basic garment construction for a better idea but comparing and contrasting provides a good base level to judge quality.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.