[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My wardrobe is a nightmare. I've been wearing the same black

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 055104173-front-pdp.jpg (149KB, 2500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
055104173-front-pdp.jpg
149KB, 2500x2000px
My wardrobe is a nightmare. I've been wearing the same black skinny jeans and the same big black jacket for the past half a year. My gray vans are stained and worn.

I've got a few hundred bucks to spend and I live in Vancouver. I'm 5'11, 185lbs and I'm thinking of buying a ton of clothes when I drop down to 165lbs.

Problem is, a lot of the stuff I see on here is way too fancy for me. I feel like a pleb. I like a really simple style with decent quality clothes. I'm pretty fucking basic, like t-shirt and pants.

Any suggestions pertaining to my height, weight, city, style?

I'm pretty much this shit
<-------------------------------
>>
>>12444841

You should also take into account your age. How old are you?
>>
>>12444867
I just turned 24.
>>
>>12444877
i also live in vancouver, what's your occupation / job / social life like? you gotta dress for your lifestyle
but i feel like that probably won't even matter because you're not trying to go for anything crazy anyways

where do you shop, what brands are you into? etc
>>
>>12444841
dude is pretty /fa/. i think you just need to lose weight, if you actually dress like this and are not instead thinking you dress better than you really do, i dont see a need to change your outfit. change the sneakers to oxfords. problem solved.
>>
>>12444881
I work downtown as a programmer in a casual / business casual environment.

I train Muay Thai around 4 times a week and if I have free time I try to date or go out to eat.

I haven't really found any particular brands or stores I like...

I've only shopped at the Gap and H&M before.

I've been looking at Topman and 8th and Main.
>>
>>12444885
yeah? I like the whole baggy top slim pants kinda style. School has made me fat and my clothes suck so I'm trying to up my game. I'm working for 8 months with a bit of extra cash so now's the time.
>>
>>12444886
8th and main isnt bad, typically just stick to the sale area in the back left.

frank + oak isn't horrible i've been buying some stuff for my new workplace from there.
they've got a shop beside the versace store on cordova, worth a shot.

front & co on main/23rd ish sometimes has decent stuff for cheap-ish too.
>>
>>12444895
You know that's the third time I've heard Frank & Oak. I'll check them out, as well as Front & Co, thanks man.

My roomate does all his shopping at 8th and Main.
>>
>>12444886

Topman is more "on trend" but at the same time alot easier to look juvenile. Since you only have experience with fast fashion I would recommend J. Crew, Zara, Cos that just opened in gastown, and uniqlo opening in metrotown in the fall. ARKET (new fast fashion label by h&m launching later this year) may be quite close to pic you've posted in OP from what i've seen, if we ever get one in vancouver may also be worth taking a look at but wouldn't count on it because it took us years to get cos as well

neighbour is the nice and tasteful version of the basic stuff you're into, give them a visit as well, very nice guys. you may not be ready to start shopping at that price point or even feel comfortable doing so if you dress pretty plain, but it is something to consider and know of for the future when you do want to take further steps

https://www.shopneighbour.com/
>>
>>12444902
Fucking excellent, thanks for the recs.
>>
>>12444901
yw my guy, not that many vancouver posters.
i also feel like we don't have too many options here, either fast-fashion mall shit or straight to full rick
>>
>>12444901

frank + oak, oak + fort, etc these places are alright for people wanting something that doesn't look too obviously fast fashion, at slightly above fast fashion price points. not bad but definitely not anywhere near "tasteful", they should be good as stepping stones but if you're a professional and got a cool active life, somewhere like neighbour is prob the end goal for the type of shit you are into
>>
>>12444902
i've never found anything not strange at zara, but i am highly looking forward to uniqlo since i bought bunch of stuff in SF
>>
>>12444911
I haven't see a lot of diversity at all in the year I've been here. Seems like everybody shops at the same places and follows the same instagram accounts.
>>
>>12444913
I checked out their website and I'm into it.

It's a bit pricey for someone with student loans, but I can see what you're saying about future goals.
>>
>>12444911

we actually have a really solid retail scene here now, if you want something chances are it's accessible. in the last few years the retail scene here has diversified so fucking much, really hard for you to not be able to find a high fashion brand you're into here.
>>
>>12444922
that's the thing though, i dont think there's much middle ground between fast / designer. definitely seen a lot of the high end grow here.
>>
I want to look good but even after ~1.5 years occasionally browsing /fa/ I don't have much fashion sense. I bought some New Balance sneakers which go pretty well with my black chinos and t-shirt, but that's about the best I can do outfits wise at the moment and it's pretty uncreative. Can anyone give me tips on where to go from here?
>>
COS opened a shop in Gastown a while back, go there to buy your basics. Very good quality and construction, and the prices aren't extreme either.
>>
>>12444948
piqued my interest
i googled their site but looks like they dont vend online. could you give like a ballpark figure?
maybe like tshirt / pants guesstimate?
>>
>>12444958
fucc nvm just went to US webstore to make it work.
>>
that's not bad at all, op.

it could be much worse.

just lose the weight.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.