[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are safety razors a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: SH760.jpg (109KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
SH760.jpg
109KB, 1500x1500px
Are safety razors a meme?
>>
>>12441767
I like mine. They can be expensive but you'll save money in the long run since you're no longer buying those ridiculous 5 blade plastic refills.
>>
>>12441767
I like my Futur and it is the only safety razor I own. Right now it is set at 3 but I've had it at 1 for a year. I do 1 to 3 passes with fresh lather but with disposables I do multiple passes even with 5 blade monsters.

Imho, pre-shave oil, natural shave soap and safety razors are sound but an expensive shave brush is a meme.
>>
>>12441767
nah they're sick m8 get one trust
>>
>>12441767
Kinda, but they're actually quite good.
>>
They offer almost nothing over a standard cartridge if you change them every few uses.

It takes more time since the blades aren't set at the proper angle just proper blade clearance.

It's fine for lower income people that can't swing the $4 a shave that cartridge razors offer.

But don't get into the trap of buying excessive accessories, stands, artisnal soaps and brushes.

That's like putting high end rims on a Kia.
>>
>>12441767
No.
The expensive, memey accessories are though.
>>12442123
>It takes more time since the blades aren't set at the proper angle just proper blade clearance.
I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about; please explain.
>>
>>12442136

Not that anon, but it does take longer for most people because you need to manually adjust the angle of the blade to cut the hair and avoid cutting yourself. Like regular multi blade razors already have the the angle set inside the cartridge which would allow you to go faster hypothetically.

I ofc favor DE razors. Way way less irritation and bumps if you are skilled enough.
>>
>>12442123
fuck why do you post your wrong opinion in every fucking thread you dumbass
>>
Don't know whether it really saves money, but it does do a better job with clean shaves, so long as you know how to angle them right.
>>
File: c26-NORELCO6945-newimage-1-s.jpg (12KB, 250x379px) Image search: [Google]
c26-NORELCO6945-newimage-1-s.jpg
12KB, 250x379px
>>12441767
enter the 21st century
>>
>>12442485
I haven't experienced what people talk about with cartridge razors causing irritation but my norelco does a pretty good job of irritating my skin, it also does a very good job of missing hairs. I probably spend longer shaving with it than a cartridge and I only keep it for when I run out of cartridges.
>>
File: 1478307241102.png (66KB, 997x775px) Image search: [Google]
1478307241102.png
66KB, 997x775px
>>12441767
pic related
>>
>>12441779
>expensive
>got mine 4 $45
>>
>>12442485

I have one. The shave isn't close at all.
>>
>>12442485
Disgusting
>>
File: JUST.png (70KB, 193x211px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
70KB, 193x211px
>>12442485

used this once
broke out in zits
fucking thing sucks
>>
they're objectively better than cartridge razors and also way cheaper but they take some getting used to at first
>>
>>12442603
If you're struggling, just replace the word "meme" with "fad".
>>
File: philips-norelco-arcitec-1090.jpg (20KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
philips-norelco-arcitec-1090.jpg
20KB, 475x475px
>>12441767
I used one for years. Now I use an electric razor in the shower with shaving cream, and it's just as close. Wait until the end of your show to shave, and the water/steam will have prepped your beard as well as any $100 pre-shave ointment routine.
>>
>>12441864
Me again - Using a safety razor is dead easy and inexpensive. You can also buy simple inexpensive disposable razors.

From there it is literally all the same no matter what. You can buy a fancy stand for either, or don't. You can buy an expensive badger hair brush and use it with a cheap can of foam, or don't. You can make your own pre-shave oil and put it on after taking off the steaming towel you had on your face for 20 minutes.

You can interchange anything in your routine on top of the razor you choose so don't let that sway your decision about the actual razor you choose.

The meme part is exactly when you blindly throw it all in together to be doing some kind of dress up pretend fancy aristocrat shave cosplay. It is equally a meme to put down safety razors because you don't like artisinal shave soaps or expensive razor display stands.

This is /fa/ though so a safety razor, a few packs of blades, a glass bottle of pre-shave oil and a tube of menthol shaving paste is style in your dopp kit, imho.
>>
>>12443323
>You can also buy simple inexpensive disposable razors.
Aren't those really, really shit?
>>
>>12442123
>I rub butane on my face
>>
>>12444218
>not wanting an explosive shave.
>>
>>12441864
>>12443323

Me again - Take a good look at the packaging and display of the full range of disposable razors next time you're in the drug store. Go have a look at the razors for women and take it all in.

You are paying a premium for coloured plastic, "aloe" strips, rubber grips, extra multi-blades, cartridge ejector buttons, etc. Instead of looking at safety razors as a ruse look at that $40 pack of multi-blade cartridges claiming to be manly tech and see that as the bro-meme it really is.

You can buy a decent basic safety razor for the same price as a combo handle and cartridges pack. You never hear anyone going back because they need more blades at once or they need snap in cartridges.

The truth is I just don't think about it anymore. I am happy to stop in and buy 5-10 packs of safety razor blades as needed. If you're considering a safety razor instead of disposables take a good look at what you're buying already.
>>
>>12443323
good post except shave oil is is waste of time/money
>>
>>12441767
Why don't you try for yourself you retard? Do you ask /fa/ to pick your clothes too? Do you use your mom's credit card to shop? fuck you
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.