[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, dunno where else to post this but I need advice. I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1491506110730 (1).jpg (551KB, 833x1099px) Image search: [Google]
1491506110730 (1).jpg
551KB, 833x1099px
Hello, dunno where else to post this but I need advice.

I have been scouted by 2 modelling agencies, but I have to do a modelling workshop with whatever one I choose which costs $$$.

The first one has guaranteed me representation, and they want me on board now - but their reputation is very questionable among other agencies, it is small, and the work is more commercial.

The other is a leading agency in my country, who represent international models (Saint Laurent etc etc). The owner said I have the height, the right looks, and the proportions, but before they can sign me they will have to see how i walk/look in digis.

They will both ultimately cost me money initially before I get work - but I am struggling which one to choose: a guaranteed signing, or a potential signing with a high end agency.

Which should I go for /fa/?
>>
Can you go for the potential signing and then go for the guaranteed signing if you fail?
>>
>>12441055

I could - my only reservation is that the potential one wont start the workshop for me until ~august which is some time away, whereas the guaranteed one wants me now.

I guess if they want me bad enough, they can wait a few months?
>>
>>12441052
neither

scam
>>
>>12441076

From all the models ive spoken to who get work, they say that spending money on workshops initially is a given- they all had to do it
>>
Honestly I do not really know, I always heard that its a common scam to make new models pay ton of money for a book or a workshop.

The agency that scouted me makes it a bit different , they take a percentage of each of my pays so I dont have to actually give them money.

Whatever you chose, good luck mate.
>>
> The owner said I have the height, the right looks, and the proportions, but before they can sign me they will have to see how i walk/look in digis.

PAY US MONEY AND YOU'LL POSSIBLY BE ACCEPTED

This is bait, OP.

>From all the models ive spoken to who get work, they say that spending money on workshops initially is a given- they all had to do it

Did you ask about what the ones who had paid money, and didn't become models, thought?

If you want to fall for the most common modelling scam in the business, then go right ahead. A respectable agency will sign you because they expect to make money off of you, without you having to pay them first.
>>
>>12441110
>>12441118

Yeah I can see where you guys are coming from - it definitely doesn't make me hopeful. The owner said that she can offer me a finance option, of which i pay over time each time I come into the office - so perhaps they aren't just trying to get my money and boot me out straight away?

Just a little confused, the models that I have all spoken to said they all went through the same process - maybe it's just how the industry operates where I am?
>>
>>12441133

>>12441110 here.

Well if you're in a larger town there are more chances for scam attempt . Where are you from ?
>>
>>12441168

Australia, mate. I doubt it's a scam attempt, as it's a large reputable agency (not chadwick, img level)
>>
This sounds like a straight up scam
>>
>>12441179

Hmm well I don't know how it is overseas, I'm French so could've had an idea for Europena countries by Australie is another problem... you should ask other communities aswell
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.