[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what /fa/ memes have you fallen for over the years? for me it's:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2011.png (17KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2011.png
17KB, 900x900px
what /fa/ memes have you fallen for over the years?

for me it's:
>common projects
>techninja
>memeochrome
>>
I bought a pair of Clarks Desert Boots long ago when /fa/ was really into them because I found them on sale while my at-the-time girlfriend was dragging me around lame stores.

I had never worn anything of the sort but I happily wore them around the beach town we were renting a house in to chill that summer.

That must have been, what, 2011? When did /fa/ go through its pseudo-MFA phase?

I haven't fallen for any memes since I don't think.
>>
>>12427377
Memochrome and Skandinavian brands. I own CPs as well but they're in the generic white colorway.
>>
How come monochrome is bad?
>>
>>12427450
It's not even /fa/ meme, there was always fashion trends revolving around one color.
>>
>>12427377
>clarks desert boots
>adidas sambas
>slacker
>comfycore
>uniqlo socks
only one I kind of regret is the CDBs since my style shifted and now I only wear them in the winter
>>
>>12427464
>>uniqlo socks
this is a meme?
>>
>>12427382
The only thing wrong with Clarks Desert Boots is when you try to dress them up, à la MFA. They're still a good casual shoe to have in your collection for occasional wear, like Converses. Pic related is MFA cancer.
>>
>>12427464
What's wrong with Uniqlo socks?
>>
>>12427468
Oh yeah dude, I wore them to the ground, they were fine shoes. They were just definitely a meme here earlier in the decade. They were near-about the #1 recommended clothing item on /fa/.

That's simply the only meme I remember explicitly falling for in that I saw them in a store, saw them on sale, and felt like "man everyone on the internet loves those I guess I'll get some"
>>
>>12427377
I almost fell for the techninja meme. Luckily before I put any money into it I saw someone in full techwear irl and realized how stupid and out of place they looked.
>>
>>12427482
I agree with this. Even in Tokyo it's goofball-tier IMO. I see twig kids in all black with covered faces and shit a few times a week and I really never think "wow, cool".
>>
File: 20161109-DSC_1370.jpg (613KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
20161109-DSC_1370.jpg
613KB, 1200x1500px
/fa/ got me into raw denim, which is still an essential part of my wardrobe even though you all have moved onto other /fa/ds.
>>
>>12427465
>>12427473
there's nothing wrong with them, they're just very popular on /fa/ and for good reason
none of the things I posted are objectively bad or dated, really
>>
Reeboks but I actually like them
>>
File: Mn89mil.jpg (652KB, 2196x3935px) Image search: [Google]
Mn89mil.jpg
652KB, 2196x3935px
minimalism

glad i grew out of that
>>
>>12427382
I fell for the desert boot meme too. destroyed them in a matter of months. it was my gateway to dressing well, however.
>>
>>12427377
Are rick owens shoes a meme? I have heard they have weird proportions in real life
>>
>>12427998
Literally the most inoffensive style lol
>>
File: NorseProjects_NewsleteerPopUp.jpg (96KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
NorseProjects_NewsleteerPopUp.jpg
96KB, 400x400px
>>12427377
Why do you cucks hate /scandinavian/ minimalism so much? It's like the least offensive way to dress and it's aesthetically pleasing to the eye. How are CP's a bad thing?
They're not ruined by normies like memesmiths
and converse because they cost more. Also
they just look more pristine. I get that you want
to be contrarian, but "cuck-core" isn't even that
popular.
>>
>>12427998
Minimalism in fashion is amazing
The internet cuck """"minimalism"""" is fucking garbage
>>
>>12428045
>2 patterns
>3 layers
I'm not seeing what's minimalist about this
>>
>>12428033
inoffensive in the most obnoxious, millennial way
>>
>>12428045
>They're not ruined by normies like memesmiths
they're run by hypebeasts instead. I've only seen CPs twice IRL, once on a stereotypical fuccboi who tries to dress minimalist in all black but it calshes with his normie haircut and he just ends up looking like a cunt
the other one was a litteral fucking middleschooler, chubby as hell too and he paired it with a bape sweatshirt
scandinavian minimalism is nice when it's done correctly, but half the people here go for it and most of them can't pull it off
>>
>>12428045
Minimalism
Talking about your minimalism is pretentious and such a poseur move.
>>
>>12427998
that's not real minimalism, just a tee, black skinnies and brown shoes (god why)
no color coordination, no personality, nothing
at least if he used black or white shoes it would be monochromatic
>>
>>12428045
it's lame, played out, and a pretty good indication that the wearer literally has no personality to speak of. desu i'd barely consider it aesthetically pleasing, it's more like a visual equivalent of white noise.
>>
>>12428045
cause no one manages to do it well and even though there is lot of things you can do with it, the people dressing in it look the same
>>
>>12427998
please dont let those boots be slp because they look like absolute fucking shit
>>
>>12427998
Why buy the tan suede meme SLPs when u can get the superior black leather?
>>
>>12428743
Thank god someone else thinks the suede chelseas look like shit. If you're gonna go suede, get the harness boot.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.