[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Preventing chapped lips.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9

How do you prevent dry or chapped lips? I don't lick my lips and despite trying extreme shit like not leaving the house for 2 weeks (ruling out shit like cold air) and buying insanely expensive lip balm, nothing fucking works. Sometimes they'll start to approach a reasonable state, but then just a day or two later I'll look in the mirror and they'll either be covered in crevices or nearly yellow from the skin hanging off them.

What the fuck do I do?
>>
I live in a fairly dry climate. I just use chapstick since its less than $2 and usually lasts me more than a month or 2. I just use that shit whenever it starts to get dry, usually 2-4 times a day. It fucking sucks since my whole body except from my face is dry except for my lips.
>>
Here's the thing I can never understand. It is not normal for a human being to have fucked up lips and therefore if you need a chapstick or something similar to look after your lips then you must be doing something wrong. Nine times out of ten I just tell people to stop licking their lips. Am I wrong to say that?
>>
There's stuff called overnight therapy or something at Wallgreens that really worked for me when I was 15 and had lips that were constantly swollen and red from being chapped. It comes in a little quarter-sized container
>>
Ahh, here you go
https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/neosporin-lip-health-overnight-renewal-therapy-white-petrolatum-lip-protectant/ID=prod6000582-product?ext=gooPLA_-_Beauty&pla&adtype=pla&kpid=sku6000220&sst=11cb5fe5-61da-4fac-8217-c63d24151cb9
>>
>>12389025
I have it from smoking
>>
>>12389050
BOY IF ONLY THERE WAS A FUCKING SOLUTION

I take back my advice. You don't deserve any help.
>>
>>12388984
>>12389045
>>12389049
All these cures and no prevention, when did /fa/ get overrun by /biz/?
>>
Hey idiots. Drink more water. WATER.

Fucking idiots.

This is coming from a coke head, knock, benzo addict.

You fucking idiots.
>>
>>12389058
>Hey idiots. Drink more water. WATER.
OP here, I'm a /fit/ Brit. The only liquids that pass through my lips are tea, water, and milk.
>>
>>12388970
Drink more water.
>>
>>12389058
>this coming from a retard
kek
>>
>>12389065
>Drink more water.
That would be genuinely difficult for me, in order to do so I'd either have to pour water on my breakfast or abandon tea.
>>
>>12389126
abandon tea then
>>
File: k.jpg (65KB, 710x529px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
65KB, 710x529px
>>12389146
You wot m8?
>>
>>12388970
Make sure you breathe through your nose.
>>
>>12389191
Go on? Breathing isn't my strong suit, I couldn't even blow up a balloon until I was 17.
>>
i lick my lips constantly but my lips arent really dry.
>>
Try a different tooth paste.
>>
>>12389195
Breathing through your mouth all the time dries out the lips, I always get dry lips when I've got a cold and can't breathe through my nose.
>>
>>12389333
Noted, thanks anon.
>>
>>12389205
Give it time, they're only non-dry because you've made them temporarily wet.
>>
>>12388970
>lip balm
Chapstick is to prevent additional chaffing, it doesn't stop it and it makes it worse (read: drier) if you stop before your lip is fully healed.
>>
>>12389058
As a fellow coke head and avid smoker I have to simply agree with this comment, along with a small use of vaseline maybe once or twice a day
>>
>>12388970
aquaphor / vaseline
>>
>>12389058
>>12389065
>>12389056
kill yourself fucktards

there are climates that exist which will give some people chapped lips even if you stay 100% hydrated, but I guess your little retard brain couldn't possibly understand that
>>
So what's the deal with picking at your lips? I know that you're not supposed to do it, but what else can I do when they're dead skin hanging off my lip?
>>
File: product-cc-original-tube.png (159KB, 422x437px) Image search: [Google]
product-cc-original-tube.png
159KB, 422x437px
one word:

CARMEX

it heals, so u don't have to constantly keep putting it on. i usually do it in the morning and before i go to bed.

i buy one of pic related once a year and keep it in my pocket.
>>
File: 14598454487.jpg (41KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
14598454487.jpg
41KB, 480x336px
Vaseline before beddy and hydrate throughout the day
>>
You probably have exfoliative cheilitis go see a doctor
>>
>>12389749
Agreed. My piss is almost always clear yet lip balm is something I do before and after I wake up and shower or before I go to bed.
>>
>>12389801
Carmex is EDC. Every other retail lip balm honestly belongs in a landfill.
>lips hurt
>apply carmex
>menthol cool healing sensation
>immediate and continuous relief

>lips hurt
>apply useless wax tube
>lips hurt
>keep applying useless wax and smearing it on lips
>lips hurt
>>
>>12390206
>exfoliative cheilitis
not op but i probably fucking have this thanks anon
>>
>>12389801
CARMEX is the best. I used to have chapped lips a lot when I was a teenager. Dicovered this, no chapped lips any more!
>>
>>12390277
>lips hurt
>apply useless wax tube
>lips hurt
>keep applying useless wax and smearing it on lips
>lips hurt
Wasn't that what >>12389654 was going for?
>>
>>12388970
9 times out of 10 its a early sign of dehydration. If you arent drinking a decent amount of water(water is essential) I would recommend trying to drink more
>>
>>12388970

Dont lick or even touch your lips, put lip therapy vaseline any time no one is there, go to sleep with a shit ton of it on ur lips, A SHIT TON
>>
>>12390206
I've had this for 3 years. KILL me.
>>
>>12391183
Will do,
>>
>>12389050
ive smoked for six years and ive never had chapped lip problems
>>
>>12388970
I used to have dry lips too.
I managed to solve the problem by taking vitamin+mineral supplements. This also helped my skin look smoother and less dry. Lip balm doesn't hurt, and they're pretty cheap.
>>
>>12389801
>i buy one of pic related once a year and keep it in my pocket.
Echoing this fucker.

This shit is GOAT. I used it as a kid so I never even knew how useless everything else was by comparison.
>>
>>12390990
enjoy the Vaseline on your teeth
>>
>>12391681
>I managed to solve the problem by taking vitamin+mineral supplements
Such as?
>>
>>12389191
This

Had chapped lips until I stoped being a degenerate mouthbreather
>>
>>12391681
What supplements?

I have shitty lips + skin and need help
>>
>>12391183
Have you been to a doctor?
>>
Get a lanolin cream. I tried all those balms, they're trash. Lanolin is the only thing that actually helped
>>
>>12393824
>Lanolin
Literally never heard of this shit.
>>
Burts Bees my dude. Constant chapped lips can be genetic. I'm part Irish so I'm putting lip balm on multiple times a day alongside drinking plenty of water.
>>
It could be due to a number of factors but it's either nutrition/hydration/environmental. Make sure you drink plenty of water (at least 2 litres a day), eat a proper well rounded diet, and protect your skin from dry weather or sun exposure. You can add a humidifier in your home if it's especially dry.
>>
>>12394656
>I'm part Irish
How's that relevant?
>>
File: universalbalm.jpg (216KB, 827x515px) Image search: [Google]
universalbalm.jpg
216KB, 827x515px
>>12388970
Idk I live in cold climate too, I use this and it works perfectly, it wasn't that expensive to buy either. 10/10 I highly recommend it.
>>
>>12395797

Irish people are more prone to shitty chapped skin.
>>
>>12396575
Oh wow, that's odd.
>>
File: nycoplus multi.png (45KB, 212x300px) Image search: [Google]
nycoplus multi.png
45KB, 212x300px
>>12393445
>>12393286

The one I'm consuming contains:

Vitamin A,D,E,K,C,B6, B12, Thiamine (vit. B1) Riboflavin (vit B2), Folic acid, Biotin, Pantothenic acid, Magnesium, Iron, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium, Chromium, Molybdenum, Iodine

1 tablet a day. I'm not sure which of these vitamins / minerals helps with the skin, but after around 3 weeks of taking these every day I noticed that my skin was healthier, I stopped having headaches, the codein I had in my eyelid for 4 months stopped too.
>>
>>12396968
Fasciculation, not codein. **
>>
>>12388970

Your lips need exposure to UV.

They get badly burned and chapped but after a while they get a bit darker and more resistant to the elements.

I cam back from a camping trip and had bright red lips when I got back that were noticeably darker and stayed that way so far. Tan your lips
>>
Whatever you buy don't buy it from a normal store. Go to the pharmacy. I got this shit that I put on at night and wipe gently away in the morning and I feel the difference. I live in Finland and it's dry as fuck here 6 months of a year.
>>
It worked for me so I am leaving it out here to help you cunts.
1. Avoid licking your lips.
2. Read the ingredients of the chapstick youre buying. If theres a chemical ending with an -ol, avoid it.
>>
>>12397024
>Your lips need exposure to UV.
If that's true, then why doesn't most of 4chan have bad lips? Many anons don't even leave their house.
>>
>>12391672
Its only when I smoke joints
>>
File: australian-golden-lanolin.jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
australian-golden-lanolin.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
>>12388970
Anhydrous lanolin. They are cheap and effective.
Turn your lips normal in a week.
>>
I'm 8 months into braces and the lips really get to me, I can't laugh or smile without them feeling like they're going to tear
>>
>>12389050
Crack?
>>
File: 66070.jpg (62KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
66070.jpg
62KB, 800x800px
I get this from the pharmacy regularly, somewhat expensive but the only thing I found to help.
>>
Don't pick the dry skin off, your body continually replaces it. You should never pick any of the dead skin off and you'll be fine
>>
Sort of related. Would chapstick be a good moisturizer? It's made for the most sensitive skin so I figure an unscented, moisturizing chapstick could actually be good for that.
>>
>>12402226
>You should never pick any of the dead skin off and you'll be fine
But it looks fucking stupid when you've just got that shit hanging off you.
>>
Vaseline is the only right answer here. Anything else will fuck your shit.
>>
>>12403372
>Anything else will fuck your shit.
You mean it'll make things worse? How?
>>
>>12403372
Vaseline doesn't do shit, sure it makes it more bearable, but it doesn't fix it.
>>
>>12390206
Mate I've had this for 4 years and never knew what the fuck it was. Thank you so much for this post
>>
burt's bees meme
>>
File: ayu-001_1z.jpg (91KB, 1600x880px) Image search: [Google]
ayu-001_1z.jpg
91KB, 1600x880px
This shit right here. It's like smearing butter on your mouth but with it I've never had to use a lip balm again.
>>
>>12388970
>prevent chapped lips
drink lots of water and don't use chapstick, the wax'll dry your fucking lips out nigga
>>
>>12389160
caffeine is a diuretic you fucking twat, stop drinking tea
>>
>>12405702
>caffeine is a diuretic
Meaning?
>>
chap stick is terrible, if you get an infection on your lips then using a stick to rub all over your lips will just smear the infection to other areas
>>
>>12406508
IT LITERALLY TOOK YOU LONGER TO TYPE THIS COMMENT AND CLICK IM NOT A ROBOT THAN IT WOULD AHVE TAKEN YOU TO GOOGLE DIURETIC. IT MAKES YOU PISS YOU FUCKING MORON.
>>
Just use vaseline, aquaphor, or lanolin like normal people.
>>
>>12407187
all memes
>>
I'm detecting mixed advice. Sunlight is necessary for your skin/lip health but wind and cold air damages your lips.

So do I go outside or not?
>>
>>12408667
wear something to protect the skin on =your lips
>>
>>12407174
>clicking im not a robot
newfag
>>
>>12388970
Eat eough fatty foods, drink enough, avoid dry and warm rooms, don't wash your face too hard.

Maybe also check your vitamin intake.
>>
>>12408189
Honestly, what's not meme?
>>
>>12393771
many times
had biopsy on lips and allergy patch testing, all to no avail
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.