[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I kinda like how my face looks, but whenever I see myself in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: 1467461529578.jpg (66KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1467461529578.jpg
66KB, 700x700px
I kinda like how my face looks, but whenever I see myself in profile, I cringe so hard. I'm pretty thin, so it's not a matter of weight loss. Is there anything that can be done about this short of surgical intervention? I've read a lot of things that support that neck exercises can help this problem, but they all seem sort of sensational and suspect.
>>
>>12342317
put your tongue on the roof of your mouth, this will raise up that little underpart a bit

and then lose weight

and then if nothing else, then get surgery from a board certified plastic surgeon who's extremely reputable and experienced.
>>
>>12342322
i have the same issue as op and im underweight.
there's like shittons of extra skin under my chin for literally no reason, i was never fat or chubby at any point in my life either.
>>
I have the same thing and honestly, i don't think there's much you can do about. I just learned that many people have the same shitty profile and it doesn't affect how I treat or perceive them. Just gotta learn to accept yourself and realise that its not that huge of a deal.
>>
>>12342317
Shit profile but for a different reason here
My cheeks just look huge and my small mouth dosen't help that
>>
I actually think it's rather attractive on women
>>
>>12342317
You might be thin but your body might still put excess fat under your jaw. It's pretty common. Get leaner. Eat better. Chew gum if you want. Change your lifestyle and eventually your profile will be more defined.
>>
Get mastic gum and MEW like this guy said >>12342322

Also don't mouth breath, breath through your nose

also make sure your posture is good and you are not overweight
>>
>>12343001
recommendd brand for mastic gum?
>>
>front face is ok
>profile looks like shit
WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS HAPPEN? I CANĀ“T BE THE ONLY ONE
>>
>>12342322
>plastic surgeon
They just mask underlying issues and fuck up your face. For most things you need a maxillofacial or orthodontist expert.

>>12342317
Lipo on chin, bodyfat loss, or a maxillary impaction.
>>
File: 67567567567567567.png (381KB, 1226x520px) Image search: [Google]
67567567567567567.png
381KB, 1226x520px
>>12343260

I bought this stuff but it hasn't arrived yet so I cannot say which brand is best.

Check out this channel also

https://www.youtube.com/user/Orthotropics/videos
>>
>>12343385

>front face ok
>quarter view ok
>profile NO
>>
Ok so listen to me because I had the same problem

First off, chew gum as hard as you can, harder than your dick or a wall, kill your masseter muscles
Secondly, bui a orthopedics pillow, to keep your head up in the night
Do always look forward and not down, your chin should point where you're going and not down
Stretch your neck muscles often and sometimes tilt your head back and try to stick out your front neck as much as you can
Lose weight if needed

Don't go to a surgeon unless you're stupid, you don't want a scar believe me, it will give you more problems than what you have now

Also, tongue on the roof (mewing or as you wanna call IDGAF), keep your shoulders aligned to your ears and not forward, drink lots of water and you're set
Tell me if you have any problems, I'm gonna write a "posture general" when I have a bit of spare time
>>
Mewing only works if you're still growing. If you're in your twenty's, your facial structure WILL NOT CHANGE in terms of looks, but you will still benefit from having wider nasal passageways and less chances of getting sleep apnea.

>>12343905
Tastes horrible. Any alternatives?
>>
>>12342317
like mucha's paintings women like these are really attractive in their own, not conventional way
>>
>>12344635
falum gum
>>
>>12344701
falim*
>>
Having correct posture helps a lot. You'll want to straighten your neck. I was taught to do it by putting my hand up on the highest part of my head and then pushing my neck up. If you keep this posture it should help a little.

Also like others said, tongue on your palate. Might not help much but it's the correct posture. I have terrible TMJD and both these things make it more bearable. If you have a lot of headaches these tips might help too. Good luck.
>>
>>12342317
Don't worry, OP, you're not alone.

>>12342322
Is correct; there is a good chance you also prioritize breathing through your mouth. If you push against your front teeth rather than the roof of your mouth, that could also be partially responsible.

Put your tongue at the roof of your mouth, creating a slight suction (this will make breathing through your nose easier as well as lift the skin under your chin a bit).

Keep your teeth and lips gently together.

When you swallow, push against the roof of your mouth (behind your front teeth), and roll your tongue from front to back.

Over time, you will start to see very slight improvement.

Also, if your teeth are pushed forward at all because you had a tongue thrust, consider going to an orthodontist about it.
>>
>>12344306
Thank you, kind anon.
>>
>>12345067
You're welcome, this helped me a lot in a short amount of time
>>
>>12343463
Most orthos are morons who don't know anything. Even most jaw surgeons are lazy dumbasses, but the surgeon is more important because he instructs the ortho.
>>
File: c4wih68rau66.jpg (191KB, 668x760px) Image search: [Google]
c4wih68rau66.jpg
191KB, 668x760px
>>12344306
>Don't go to a surgeon unless you're stupid, you don't want a scar believe me, it will give you more problems than what you have now
Yeah, just accept it bro. Surgery is pointless.
>>
File: bite-fig4.jpg (48KB, 552x504px) Image search: [Google]
bite-fig4.jpg
48KB, 552x504px
>>12345279
It won't make a difference.
>>
File: 8lltlwmjtg6e.png (700KB, 618x725px) Image search: [Google]
8lltlwmjtg6e.png
700KB, 618x725px
>>12345289
It's a total waste of money.
>>
File: HBg96Z4.jpg (274KB, 807x1071px) Image search: [Google]
HBg96Z4.jpg
274KB, 807x1071px
>>12345297
Looks don't matter.
>>
>>12345279

We're talking about two different kinds of surgery, I was talking about plastic surgery and how pointless it is (they remove your skin but the problem persists and will eventually come back)
You're talking about orthonics and braces, and that's something I fully support
I think that OP meant plastic surgery and that's is pointless
>>
>>12345279
>>12345289
>>12345297
>>12345303
I know you're probably a lookism drone but surgery can sometimes make you end up coming out even worse. Look at all the cases of South Koreans trying double jaw surgery, and then committing suicide from the excessive pain or emotional disheartening from looking even worse than before. Yes, there's good cases, but there's also a risk of things going horrendously awful. Surgery should always be a last resort under desperate measures.
>>
>>12343385
exact same but different
>quarter view looks weird
>profile looks good
>front is meh
What do?
>>
>>12344705
*phallus
>>
>>12345642
i know me two bro
>>
the reason your profile looks bad is because your face grew down towards your neck instead of forwards.

get in a time machine and go back to the age of 8 and start MEWing or get jaw surgery.
>>
>>12342377

I have this and op's chin problem

>JUST
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.