[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

First time browsing and I'm really confused.

So, literally everyone who goes on this website dresses about average and looks like an anorexic teenager.

Can someone please explain how is this a fashion board?

I do like some of the clothes people share and discuss but what is it with having really monotone and basic clothes that everyone wears.

I live in Ireland and the way /fa/ recommends to dress is the way an average 15-18 year old does here.

I'm not hating btw
>>
the people who dress well rarely post photos of themself, because they have already passed their desperate for attention phase
>>
>>12296802
Americans have low standards.
>>
post fit fuccboi
>>
>>12296802
>what is it with having really monotone and basic clothes that everyone wears.

they're probably afraid of getting judged so they only talk about wearing the most basic bitch fits there are because nobody would truly complain about them. it's more about fitting in than individuality. in short, it sucks. and if something's cringe turn it into ironic low key cringe and suddenly it's alright and charming.
>>
>>12296802
fellow irishfag here. it's not necessarily a bad thing that this is how teenagers dress, ireland is a small country and teenagers a pretty up-to date so fashion spreads fast and become homogeneous to the point of mediocrity here. what you see on this board is basically the same style, but executed better. That fashion style, streetwear, changes rapidly and is actually a lot of fun to wear. the amount of time we spend talking about it on the board does not reflect the amount of time we spend wearing it. you'll find a lot of people who are just into streetwear and nothing else get called 'fuccbois' on this board.

interesting designer stuff is mostly centred on streetwear, so high fashion threads usually end up looking the same, only more avante-garde.

most people on this thread know a lot about how to fit and wear a suit, watches, skincare and hair, but those things just don't change very often.

monotone and basic clothes are an important part of fashion. hard to explain but they just kinda are. it's nice to wear what everyone else is wearing only.... better. that way you can be /fa/ but also not draw attention to yourself/ need self-esteem to go outside.
>>
>>12296813
pretty much this
>>
the idea that being a skeleton is attractive and looks good is the greatest meta meme /fa/ has created
>>
>>12296930
Some clothes do look better on lighter builds, but I still prefer an athletic body type over a skinny-fat or auschwitz
>>
>>12296930
athletic skinny > auschwitz > bodybuilder giga nigga > musclefat > skinnyfat > fat, at least when it comes to fashion
>>
File: 1488856713177.png (648KB, 584x617px) Image search: [Google]
1488856713177.png
648KB, 584x617px
This board used to be good back in the day.
>lot more general hygiene shit (like skin care, nail care, etc)
>people encourage each other to try out their own styles rather than stick to the basic normie shit (currently bomber jackets, high cut pants/jeans, dad hats, white and black superstars, etc)
>lot more high fashion
just genuinely well dressed people. Now it's just a bunch of anorexic normies with a basic bitch sense of fashion
>>
>>12296908
>executed better
I dont think so, but i dont live in ireland either
>>
>>12296817
>this
I live in a shitty european city with 2m people and even here everyone below 25 is at least as effay as the autists on this board, without spending literal hours circlejerking about the latest basic but fashionable clothes they've bought.
I guess you can't blame them when the average american wears unfitting blue jeans, new balances, snapbacks and timberlands
>>
Would love to see fit pics of the anons posting in this thread.
>>
>>12298775
I'm by no means some fashion designer with super model genetics, I'm just saying the people who post here are pretty average from what I see.
>>
>>12298489
Slovenia?
>>
>>12296813
This, posting fits are normally done by those who want affirmation or want to brag
>>
>>12299500
hungary, I live in budapest
there are shitty districts of course and it's not berlin, but still pretty effay
>>
>>12299690
wow I'm planning to visit budapest this summer, what places should I check?
>>
File: DSC_0072 (1).jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0072 (1).jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>12299750
Hill gellért is really nice if you want to chill and get a good view of the city, it looks especially good at night. There are stairs going up and around the hill and there are some great spots for smoking and chilling just looking at the city.
District 5 has some nice restaurants, clubs and bars, check out "corvin club" or "toldi" if you like techno, or "akvárium" if you like more popular sounding electronic music. There's also a big festival in august called "sziget". It's a bit too normie for me, but a lot of famous artists perform there every year, so maybe it's worth checking out.
Also check out the castle in buda, it has nice cafés with some interesting traditional desserts. There's a 190 year old sweets shop called "ruszwurm" that has probably the best desserts in the city. The castle district also has some really nice old temples and statues, and also some places where you can see actual bulletmarks from the revolution in 1848 and from other conflicts after that.
I guess this is only really interesting if you're from america because other major european cities have these as well, but I think the castle is worth checking out either way.
Also this isn't really a tourist attraction, but the stations of metro line 3 haven't been updated at all since the soviet era so it has a pretty effay vibe in a way (good for taking edgy pictures of your fits if you're into that).

here's a pic I took in the castle, there are also some residential homes that show bulletmarks
>>
I'm kind of fat, I dress in a way that conceals this and get told that my profile is too bulky, I need to reduce my silhouette, etc. Granted, people who are a normal weight get left alone, but there's a big emphasis on this board about having the type of body they feel is ideal. And their ideal fits should show off that body.

But whatever, man, dressing up, taking and posting selfies is fun.
>>
>>12300031
Thanks mate.
I'm from moscow and I'm never get bored by history, so I'll denitely check the castle. I'm planning to stay there up to two weeks spending a plenty of time in the city itself as well as in surrounding recreation areas, I really like the long hikes. And since my fabulous trip to Georgia I'm really into local food so restaraunts and cafes are on my list.
>>
>>12296813
this
>>
whats is worse is there are some retards who spend over a thousand dollars on sneakers that literally look worse than regular sk8 hi vans
>>
>>12296802
>I live in Ireland and the way /fa/ recommends to dress is the way an average 15-18 year old does here.
It's been a thing here for a long long time. Most things /fa/ latches onto eventually end up being very mainstream. A lof of people here just haven't moved on from it because monochrome is so easy to put together I guess. It's not everyone, just a meme for a certain group of people who actually are 15-18.
>>
>>12301817
>>
File: 5ker.png (635KB, 1062x979px) Image search: [Google]
5ker.png
635KB, 1062x979px
>>12301038
Oh I thought you'd only stay for a few days. Definitely go up the hill then, it's almost like a forest in most areas which is especially nice in the early hours when the air is chilly and there aren't any people around.
There are tons of pubs, cafés, restaurants and whatnot in this area in district 5. Also if you see street food vendors selling weird tube shaped bread try it it's really good.
>>
>>12301918
Thank you good sir
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.