[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fa/, Why don't more men experiment with fashion and hair styles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Natural.webm (109KB, 246x206px) Image search: [Google]
Natural.webm
109KB, 246x206px
Is it just me, or are most guys simply cookie cutter copies of everyone else? Most guys have the same hair cut and/or wear the same clothes.

Last time I got my hair cut, the lady said she does the same (I forget what it is specifically) haircut about 20ish times a day. It's all guys ever wanted. Most guys wear the same clothing styles. 1 size too big t-shirt and baggy jeans/cargo shorts with skate/running shoes. Same guys will usually wear a baseball cap wherever they go also.

My friends and I have a theory that most guys aren't confident enough to feel like they can pull off a unique haircut or wear stylish clothing. Is there any merit to that, or is just bullshit? I'm not trying to insult anyone's style around here, I'm just curious as to why men generally seem a lot more plain compared to their female counterparts?
>>>/wsg/1571757
>>
>>12286730
Your dad is supposed to teach you how to dress, but something went horribly wrong
>>
File: BabyRyan.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
BabyRyan.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>12286736
>something went horribly wrong
What is it? Pls tell me Anon!
>>>/wsg/1571757
>>
>>12286730
because most people arent special snowflakes like you

also what you're saying is untrue. being "unique" is the new normal in the year 2017
>>
>>12286730
Because its not simple. Most clothing places that sell "unique" stuff are for girls. Guys have very limited options. Girls get 10x the amount to choose from.

In highschool there were only 2 malls within a distance that most people could get to so the clothing of most guys tended to be from there. while theres always variation most stores sell pretty similar stuff. Plus its seen as gay to like fashion dude.
>>
The confidence thing is the root of it, but I think the real issue is that most guys will give you shit for stepping outside of the norm.

I dress pretty normie by fa standards (mostly cardigans/jumpers, fitted plain T's/button down shirts, slim jeans/chinos, boots/simple sneakers) but other guys still give me shit for it all the time since it isn't the standard uniform. And it isn't just normie social groups that do this. I could see it being worse as you get further away from normie clothes, until it gets to the point where people just don't know what to even say, like if you were wearing goth-ninja or some shit.

If someone lacks the self-confidence to take the criticism and the ability to banter I could see it getting to them quickly.

I don't think most guys do it out of mallice, though. At least here in Aus they're just looking to banter 90% of the time, and if you can dish out as hard as you take it everyone has a bit of laugh and it's over. But you see these really quiet guys who just sit there and take it, then the guy who initiated will lowkey try to take back what he said but it just gets awkward. Then the quiet dude never wears that piece of clothing again.
>>
I think guys just don't give a shit about how they look. Get in, get HY haircut, get to the bar, get a Budweiser. Watch sports, go fishing, maybe go bowling, drive a pick up truck. Simple switched off creatures
>>
>>12286829
>guys
Youre talking about rednecks honey
>>
>>12286730
Dressing to impress is inherently feminine. A man should dress well but shouldnt be one of his pressing concerns.
>>
>>12287499
why u on this board?
>>
People dress like the people around them.

You just replaced your inspiration from the people around you to people in movies/pics you see online.

You don't possess some special form of confidence or special sense of style - you just happened to wander into a hallway most people don't and you're consciously/unconsciously copying aesthetics from elsewhere.
>>
>>12286730
Because if you dress nicely and care about clothes you are a fucking fag. You are gay.

Doesn't take much social awareness to know that you fucking idiot.

Since almost all women's insults about men target their masculinity, the end result is a fragile sense of masculinity that is defensive and guarded at all times.
>>
>>12286730
do something weird in the WAYWT threads and you'll get some big insults

it's a bit like that irl too

but it's OK. I'm not as sensitive in that way as the average man.
>>
>>12286730
Your theory is partly true
What I think tho is that firstly most people don't give a shit, and the standards are too low

And regards to how you say "most guys dress", you probably live in some failure american redneck town. Where I live, even average cucks have a major interest in fashion. Yes they follow trends, but they take an active part in them, they don't just cop Nike running shoes and chinos from h&m

I also think you guys fail to realize fashion is more social than you think. You dress to fit in with your social "tribe". It's a way of identification. Look I love fashion, but I also dress to fit in with my group to get a good self image of myself
>>
>>12286810
Legit don't understand when people say they get shit for dressing a certain way. Yes I remember getting *some* shit when I was at the peak of my /fa/ look but that is expected, you don't step out of the norms and expect people will like it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.