[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth hiring a personal stylist if you've got the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: 1389103540873.jpg (326KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1389103540873.jpg
326KB, 3000x2000px
Is it worth hiring a personal stylist if you've got the money and are too lazy to learn how fashion works?

Keep in mind I have no fashion instincts to begin with and have never successfully taught myself any sort of artistic skill, and all I care about is looking decent.
>>
lol...
>>
>>12274358
Wow that was useful, thanks for the input
>>
/fa/ is my personal stylist.
xhe does it for free.
>>
give me the money and I'll be your personal stylist

rich peoples' ability to look bad never fails to impress me
>>
>>12274352
yeah man :) totally "worth"
>>
Just post in cop or not threads dude
>>
>>12274369
This desu
>>
Just start with the basics and then work your way to unique pieces. Get everything tailored to your liking and go from there. What will a stylist tell you that's so dramatic and life changing?
>>
If you have the money its worth the try I guess. If you wanna dress nicely without having "fashion instincts" just buy some nice jeans, nice belt, shoes and well fitting tshirts and oxfords. Add in a few sweaters and a nice coat and your pretty set. If you need to outfits for business just get trousers and dress shirts, same basic idea.
>>
>>12274434
what are the basics senpai
>>
>>12275075
http://young-stalin.com/infos.php
Aka the sticky.
>>
>>12274352

I'd say its worth it. Its not just about being lazy to learn fashion, it has more to do with the fact that rich people have better things to do then spend their day at a mall browsing stores. A friend of mine is a popular stylist (in my europoor country) for alot of rich people. They are usually to busy working so they just want somebody to pick out some outfits for the rest of the month and make sure they are ironed/tailored etc.
>>
>>12274352
>Is x worth if you've got the money
Yes.
>>
File: IMG_2016.jpg (2MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2016.jpg
2MB, 2048x2048px
I'm your huckleberry
I can teach you not to look like a try hard
And I'll help you look effortless
>>
File: a14.jpg (23KB, 394x458px) Image search: [Google]
a14.jpg
23KB, 394x458px
>Is it worth hiring a personal stylist if you've got the money

No its not just buy what you like dummy.

This advice isn't coming from some college student who hates you for having money
This is coming from someone who probably makes more money than you do and has a good grasp on what it takes to be financially responsible.

If you have money left after your expenses and money saved like an RSP (seriously get into an RSP) THAN you can buy expensive clothes
but dont pay some faggot $500 to tell you what looks good. Chances are his/hers taste is even worse than the teenagers on /fa/
>>
>>12275992

For example
>>12275970

This guy looks like a weak jewish Bruce Spingsteen
>>
>>12275970
Not OP but I'd love to get some advice on how to be /fa/
>>
>>12274352
idk but I'd totally fuck lena
>>
File: IMG_1828.jpg (217KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1828.jpg
217KB, 1200x1600px
>>12275996
Show me some paper
>>
>>12276073
napoleon dynamite?
>>
>>12276073
how tall are you brother
>>
>>12276073
Can't cuck the huck
>>
>>12276073
I remember looking at your Reddit profile wear you posted dirty pictures of yourself.
>>
>>12274352
Not worth it, there is a 100% chance you will be paying for the services of someone just as tasteless as you but more obsessively informed about trends.

The shape and fit of the clothes around your body is the only part of dressing that is really worth teaching yourself.

Identify and avoid the trappings of mass produced clothing: realize that most garments are made big to drape over as many bodies as possible.
>>
>>12276605
>Identify and avoid the trappings of mass produced clothing
Are you saying I should get all my clothes custom made? And that being able to match colours and patterns is not really worth learning?
>>
>>12276618
>Are you saying I should get all my clothes custom made?
No, I'm saying that the clothes out in the world that fit you are in the 0.5% of clothes on the rack. Learn to differentiate between the 99.5 and the 0.5. Take note of every hole in a garment through which your limbs protrude. Once you understand that what makes a jean skinny is the leg holes all the way down at your feet, and what makes a jacket look modern is the narrow cut of the armholes, you've begun to understand fit and you will be able to visualize how a garment will fit you before you pull it off the rack.

Colors and patterns require a lot of study to arrange appealingly and it has minimal use for someone who just wants look decent. Stylists will have you wearing flamboyant dumb shit for their amusement. All the people you want to impress have shit taste so it doesn't matter what colors you wear near them.
>>
>>12276633
.....fuckkkkkk...but then youhave to get fit before your clothes fit even decently. And what if you're a 5'7 manlet like myself?
>>
The whole point fashion is fun is creating and trying out different looks. Hiring someone to tell you what to wear is stupid.

The only exception I could understand would be if you were some sort of celebrity who relied on his image to be successful, and needed to maintain that image. But I don't think you are.
>>
>>12276711
listen dude, the extent to which knowledge about clothing is useful is about the same as manners and etiquette

keep your elbows off the table and you're fine
being an attractive male has little to do with appearances out in the real world anyway
>>
>>12275992

A good stylist knows what looks on good you, and doesn't let his own personal taste influence him too much. You can't dress up a 40 year old business dude in "trendy" clothing.
>>
File: fashion ducks.jpg (217KB, 721x536px) Image search: [Google]
fashion ducks.jpg
217KB, 721x536px
Just go with the classics and you cant go wrong.

Unless youre ugly or fat.

Then theres no point in tryharding.
>>
File: juicy.png (239KB, 406x308px) Image search: [Google]
juicy.png
239KB, 406x308px
>>12276777
you can't?
>>
>>12274352
if you have no fashion "instincts" then go to /r/mfa. not trying to be a dick. They are actually helpful if you're new to trying to look good. basic shit and what not
>>
File: 1450008007751.jpg (9KB, 419x397px) Image search: [Google]
1450008007751.jpg
9KB, 419x397px
>>12275970
>effortless

hahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>12276005
Those leaks were such a disappointment.
>>
>>12275970
Give me your tots...
>>
>>12275992
What's RSP?
>>
>>12276762
Not OP. To me fashion is just a tool to improve relations with other people. I dress to demographic for social advantage.
>>
>>12275970
I'm interested, what's your email? Teach me
>>
>>12275970
[email protected]
lets talk people.
>>
>>12274352
>learn how fashion works?
It's not something to be learn't, it's just a sense of style.
>>
>>12275970
Fuck off retro_specs fucking twink faggot
>>
>>12279422
So I'm fucked?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.