[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wanna take my boyfriend shopping for fashionable clothes that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4203.jpg (1MB, 2249x2811px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4203.jpg
1MB, 2249x2811px
wanna take my boyfriend shopping for fashionable clothes that suit him. this is his current style. recommendations for pants and shoe styles especially
>>
File: 1452400989932.png (16KB, 917x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1452400989932.png
16KB, 917x1186px
A haircut
A noose
And change everything else

In that order.
>>
honestly, if he's got his own style going then you shouldnt try to disrupt it

if he's not interested in fashion you cant force it
>>
>>12267416
he's down with shopping with me. he doesn't seem to care either way
>>
>>12267410
he could get a haircut, trim the back and sides with machine to half a centimeter and keep length on the top, he could use a blowdryer and product to style it when wet after showers. a haircut will make the biggest most directly noticeable change to him. on the other hand maybe hes comfortable already with what hes got

for shoes:Unneccessary patches in different material without function, unneccessary seams in the fabric just so the manufacturer could make it with smaller fabric pieces for cheaper, unneccesary details like studs or whatever, avoid it all. The shoe should be well proportioned when you look at the toebox and the whole silhouette in general. Get shoes in a neutral colour that can be worn with many different styles, so white perhaps. Also consider the quality of the material the shoes are in, if its a leather shoe and the leathers texture resembles plastic maybe consider other pairs for example, spending more on shoes can be worth it just to avoid that cheap look. Sometimes spending a bit more is worth it in the sense that the shoes might last you longer too
This stuff is not universal but is a good way to think for someone who isnt sure of what will work
>>
>>12267485
>>12267410
his pants look cheap too, thin material with bad seams, and its not trendy to fold them like that so maybe hem them or just let them stack or pinroll them instead of doing that. get one pair of black jeans and indigo jeans since he likes those already from a medium tier brand like acne, apc, nudie, or something. if theyr too long he can hem them or let them stack

he could get trousers too, not too formal or business-y just soft cozy casual trousers, cos has some relatively cheap funky trouser variants but i havent tried them

jacket looks like something id find in a shitty thrift store or on a hobo maybe upgrade it. but it looks nice too it looks individídual on him, tells you a bit about his aura and personality so maybe leave that too like with the hair, if hes comfortable hes comfortable what can you do
>>
>>12267485
not the best picture quality, but he gets haircuts like this from time to time.
also sometimes i will use a straightener to add natural looking waves to it

any brand names for shoes i could start with?
>>
>>12267514
he is quite a comfy guy, yes.
likes to invest in aquarium building and computers more than fashion

as you can see, he has a long torso and shorter legs, so pants usually end up badly fitted.

any clothing combos that compliment/flatter his body type?
>>
>>12267521
many people who try to be fashion like common projects (low achilles, especially), maison margiela (replica gats, especially), acne shoes, apc shoes, somewhat expensive stuff but usually good design that because of its simplicity wont fall out of trend very quickly.

normal brands like adidas, nike reebok etc have some good shoes too, but you can ask here first int the cop or not threads if youre not sure, often theyre better choices too. I had adidas stan smiths a while ago, they were kinda bad quality for the price but I got a good run with them, currently have white hi-top converse, reebok club c 85 buttersofts, brown insulated leather boots for winter and black margiela low top replica gats

his hair looks much better there than in the original photo, highly reccomend getting that instead. He could go even shorter on the back and side, his hair looks very thick

>>12267531
If the pants are badly fitted it can be pretty worthwhile to get them to a tailor, sometimes some magic can be done.

If I were him, on top of working out and eating well I'd just get clothing that fit well, not too tight and not too baggy. There are tricks with lines and shapes and silhouettes and fits and stuff that make certain body shapes look different than they are but it will just look awkward if you're not already knowledgeable, I don't bother with mind tricks like that just get stuff that fits well. I'd say his clothes fit pretty well already from what I see. Some minimal stuff you could do is try to alter the proportions to make his legs look longer, short jackets, high waisted pants instead of pants that sit low on his hips, avoid long coats, only slim jeans (but never too tight, moderation)
>>
>>12267419
er...so what DOES he care about?
>>
>>12267706
he cares about things not really related to fashion
basically, its synonymous with a dad that is letting his daughter play dress up on him
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.