[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you approach gender in your clothing? Do you typically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: gay horse holds(...).png (65KB, 173x174px) Image search: [Google]
gay horse holds(...).png
65KB, 173x174px
How do you approach gender in your clothing? Do you typically dress masculine? Feminine? Androgynous? Why? How do you feel about the general attitudes in society towards certain ways of dressing? What merits do you think each style has?
>>
Personally, I'm not a very masculine looking guy. I mean I have a strong jaw and chin, and I'm relatively tall and have broad shoulders, but I'm also very skinny, I have narrow feet, a more "boyish" face, etc

I used to dress fairly androgynously, but especially with masculine clothing becoming less and less common in urban areas (I hate to be reactionary but I'd almost say many notions of masculinity are under attack), I've started dressing in a very masculine way and letting my skinny figure be the androgynous part. Combat boots, lots of milsurp, generally very manly items
>>
FULL
METAL
ANDRO
>>
I DRESS ACCORDING TO AESTHETIC, AND IDEALISTIC, PRINCIPLES, NOT ACCORDING GENDERIST NOTIONS.

OPTIMAL STYLE TRANSCENDS GENDER; THE PERFECT GARMENT IS THAT WHICH FITS BOTH, MEN, AND WOMEN.
>>
>>12267200
andogenous but i want to wear more dresses but all the dresses i own are too slutty for my lifestyle
>>
I dress in an overtly masculine manner, but then I'm an overtly masculine guy. I'm 6ft tall with a hairy, 44 inch chest and a great big beard. I couldn't be androgynous even if I wanted to.

That being said, I have nothing against guys that don't dress in a masculine manner as long as they can pull it off.

Rock what you got, that's what Bowie did.
>>
>>12267200
I recently bought a lot of women's clothes in a recent copping spree because fuck it I liked how they looked. It's not like anyone is going to really be able to tell.

My style is overall on the masculine side, but it's not macho so I have no qualms incorporating garments that weren't meant for my sex.
>>
>>12267357
different sex, different body
>>
>>12267541

WHAT IS YOUR "POINT"?
>>
what's funny about this is thinking back to high school.....well actually thinking about modern life in general...

if you are a guy and know how to dress, that AUTOMATICALLY MAKES YOU FEMININE. true male fashion is horrible fucking "Lol what is clothes"-core...

any time I meet a guy who can't dress to save his fucking life I always wonder what goes on (or doesn't) go on inside his head...

if you think about it, memes like "frat boy" style are just big copes. they take guys who know absolute dick about fashion/looking good in general and "fill in the blanks" for them like a mommy would.

>here honey this is a nice polo shirt. it looks nice on you honey that color works. and here are some nice khaki's I just ironed them for you hun. are you wearing those leather loafers your father bought you? very nice! my son is so handsome!
>>
>>12267200
>How do you feel about the general attitudes in society towards certain ways of dressing?
In some areas they're deteriorating, there's certainly designers that are trying to push more gender ambiguity in their clothing- take rick of instance, also Acne studios, they love doing this shit. It's a fad desu.

In my opinion, and I believe in reality, gendered clothing isn't as arbitrary as it seems. Certain traits of certain pieces compliment both the physical form and metaphysical forms (gender) ones sex is made a vessel to possess.

That said- a lot of clothing has been made to be thought of as feminine or masculine when in reality it is neither, and this is due in large part to society degenerating and losing concept of the idea of gender. Now we merely see something being masculine or feminine that is made popular with a certain sex- for instance skinny jeans with females (when in reality, the first people to wear jeans, let alone skinny ones, were males).

That said, if one is masculine (truly embodying those traits and not merely a contrived understanding of it), the fashion will follow. Fretting over the masculinity or femininity of ones clothes is insanity, as is thinking one can embody the gendered traits meant for another sex.
>>
>>12267357
missed you
>>
Clothing should be about self expression. Fuck anyone who tells you to dress more masculine, more feminine, or more "normal", just be yourself
>>
>>12267610
>just be yourself
Most people don't know how, they're a conglomerate of what they've been told or accustomed to be, or the formulaic alternative of it.
>>
>>12267200
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE AAA RAAAAAAAAACE HOOORSE
>>
>>12267663
When I was younger and more impressionable/delusional I knew the music was about trans stuff but I listened to it more for the instrumentals. Now I see how insane the entire album is and the music has lost its value.
>>
>>12267672
>being this triggered
>>
>>12267694
>lele look i used tumblr language agains non-tumblr opinion;... consder urself OWND

Just quit being a pervert dude, you aren't cool or unique.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.