[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /fa/'s opinion on swatches?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: nonvedo.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
nonvedo.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
What's /fa/'s opinion on swatches?
>>
File: BvgkKtEIgAEn5us.jpg (108KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
BvgkKtEIgAEn5us.jpg
108KB, 600x600px
>>12257612
personally, I love them. I got the Sir Blue in the pic.
it has all the features I want in a watch. superlume hands and markers, the strap is crazy comfortable, it's lightweight, it has day/date window. overall, the designs are interesting and different, it's not bad. only downside with the plastic models usually is that they tick rather loudly. but you kinda get used to it.

I wanna cop an Irony model next because the steel cases look really nice. so, yeah, pretty effay choices.
>>
The vibe I get is they're not great quality, kinda cheap. The brand itself doesn't say much, no one brags about owning a swatch. I bought a cheap Casio off of Amazon, but it's certainly not the most fashionable thing.
>>
>>12257728
>The vibe I get is they're not great quality, kinda cheap.

they're fine. once you own one, you'll see for yourself. the irony models are rather high quality but they also start with 90-100 euros.
>>
>>12257728
regardless of what you think, the ETA movement they have is still a bit better than cheap ass japanese movements in most shitter watches.
>>
>>12257612
if they would use sapphire glasses, some of the irony models could be passable
>>
>>12257751
and i just see, that some of the models do, bummer, i had an irony model once, that one doesn't have sapphire crystal and i hate scratches, so i get rid of it
>>
>>12257756
based on the normal plasticky glass they have (I mean it's still rather robust) I think they could be polished regardless. heard some people talk about that before at least.
>>
>>12257764
yes, they can be polished, no issue, but i still would hate to bring it to the shop to polish it each time it gets a scratch

i see their models which have sapphire crystal are more like around the 200 EUR mark, for that money, i'd just buy an entry level Tissot or Certina desu
>>
>>12257725
OP here, my mother knows I have a few weird watches so she gifted me the one I posted and when she first gave it to me I never worn it because of basically the same thing >>12257728 said, went to put a new battery on it and now I've slowly started to like it
>>
>>12257774
no worries, I also had to get used to them at first.
it was mostly because of the ticking though. otherwise I would have liked them straight away.

some of the newest models looks so nice too but whenever I look at vintage swatches it's always a bit hit and miss because of the heavy 80s and 90s vibe some have.

but your model is pretty effay. looks like a 99-early 2000s release to me. hard to say.
>>
>>12257803
funny you mention that, one of the reasons I started to like it was when I took it to a friend who had spare batteries he told me that the phrase on the watch is italian for "I can't see the time" and the numbers on the watch turn invisible based on the angle that you watch it from
>>
>>12257831
that's kinda cool. I love how that subtle creativity in that swatch and how they try to push boundaries in design them. I like how cheerful, smart and unique some of them are.
>>
>>12257837
*how there's subtle
>>
>Swiss movement
>plastic case
>some cool designs

Take that as you will.
>>
it's cheap, youthful and quirky. ultimately just a toy.

>>12257744
>falling this hard for swiss marketing tricks

http://watchguy.co.uk/review-a-trip-inside-the-swatch-sistem51-eta-c10111/
>>
>>12258229
>falling this hard for swiss marketing tricks

but I read that report a while ago. I was talking about quartz anyway and not mechanical. although I think their automatics can't be so bad either. there aren't much reviews on that.

Sistem51 is a different concept anyway. would never get one because the case thickness is just way too much imo.
>>
>>12257612
I thought they were pretty cool when I was eleven.
>>
>>12258553
oh boy, you're so mature, anon
tell those babbies what's up.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.