[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Think about yourself, then think about the archetypical "peak"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Think about yourself, then think about the archetypical "peak" man. How much do you think the peak man cares about fashion- less than you? I'm sure he cares about it a bit, he makes sure to dress well at all times because peak man always looks great. You who care so much about fashion, why aren't you trying to be more like peak man? Care only enough to get the job done, anything more is wasted effort
>>
i'm definitely overcompensating
>>
>>12207825
It's hard to comment on this without admitting too much about myself that I don't want to acknowledge
>>
Cary Grant in North by Northwest is a ~~~peak man~~~ and his suit in the film is one of the most famous garms in film history. That attributes to fashion.
>>
Oh but the peak man cares about fashion, he really cares.
Only he doesn't tell people that he loves fashion because it's natural for him to dress well.
Like anybody should never tell that fashion is his hobby or something like that.
>>
the idealized peak man is wealthy and so he probably just has a stylist or just buys expensive made to measure stuff

it's not that he doesn't care, it's that he can afford not to care
>>
Realistically I'd say the peak man cares about fashion but doesn't obsess over it. If the 'peak man' cared so much about function over form he'd be walking around in long johns and khaki zip off cargo pants, but you'll never see that because it's not fashionable.
>>
>>12208153
this tbqh
>>
>>12208155
>Cary Grant
Pushing 60 in that movie.
>>
peak man is just an idealization, we should care about being our own kind of peak man, the best version of ourselves.
>>
>>12207825
way ahead of you, my peak man

fashion is cool as a form of people watching, but men look way better in simple clothing that is not trend based
>>
>>12207825
the "peak" man should be knowledgeable about pretty much everything that he uses on a daily basis as well as being an expert in his career and some hobbies.

Seeing as fashion is something that people use daily, the "peak" man should know what he's doing. that being said, I can't say I've ever met a "peak" man besides my grandfather, who is too old to care about anything anymore.
>>
>>12210673
also to follow up, I don't care so much about fashion, its simply an interest of sorts. I browse this board because its a hobby, just like I browse the other boards I frequent. I don't take the stuff I see here seriously though. Just 30% inspiration, 20% consideration, and 50% shitposting.
>>
ill do this shit when im 40

for now im having fun wearing whatever weird shit i want
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 720x720px
Can't be a "peak man" because I'm ugly (face full of acne scars) so I stopped caring about girls, every now and then I get a girl interested in me but I've had this mindset for so long that I think I've become numb about shit that involves relationships and friendships. I just wear slp because it mostly fits my personality, I'm a druggie sperglord who enjoys going to random concerts and get shitfaced every weekend.
>>
>>12210694

(wow you sound very cool and melancholy)
>>
>>12210694
Cool you're v unique just like every other person on here
>>
>>12207825
>>12207825
>>12207825
>>12207825
Like it's been said, the peak man is an ideology. Appearances are very important in western society, especially in business. Behind the curtain, "peak men" may be more fashion conscious than you realize, but they will not tell you this. Peak men are powerful because they appear to be a natural at what they do. If you found all the toil, practice, and clever tricks they conceal that goes into what they do and how they carry themselves, they would look contrived. To admit to putting effort into the way they look would destroy your idealized vision of them that they just "always look great". It may appear that they don't put effort into fashion or how they look as much the average fa user, but my point is that we don't really know what they do, we just know they do it well.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.