[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fashion Startup General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1477343297364.jpg (83KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1477343297364.jpg
83KB, 750x750px
Anyone here start a brand? What was your aesthetic and your success or lack there of?

Also post general startup ideas and types of clothing that you think there is a market for.

>screenprinted tees and corny streetwear trash need not apply
>>
I'm looking into it. Recently purchased a sewing machine but unsure where to start.
>>
>>12168485
working on that with a small team right now
have all our knit patterns done
working on our wovens
23 total styles for the first collection
should have the first mockups for a fitting done in 2 weeks
after adjustments and final fittings, we should have our samples done end of february to middle of march, then it's a matter of getting production ready and finalizing the site

launching sometime between mid april and mid may, though i'm hoping we can launch early april and already be shipping in may
>>
>>12168504
what type of clothing are you going for?
did you make the patterns yourself or hire someone?
why start with such a large collection instead of testing waters with basics?
do you have any buyers lined up or are you doing direct sales?
where are you thinking of manufacturing?
what would you say the total investment will be in the end?
>>
>>12168565
it's going to be in this new middleground between streetwear and high fashion
think 424, heron preston, a cold wall, etc..
we're making the patterns ourselves
we're planning on releasing doing 3 drops, first drop of 7, then 8, then 8 styles, each style is only available in small medium and large, and because we're not big enough to go to a factory, we're sewing the clothes ourselves, 5 per size

it's not a large collection at all, we designed over 50, and brought it down to 23, to our best and most cohesive group

no buyers, direct to consumer, though we're thinking of making specials for a local boutique for women

manufacturing ourselves, here in LA

total investment is going to depend on whether we can negotiate with our sources to give us a wholesale price instead of a jobber's markup to retail price, but for materials so far, we've spent around 700, and that doesnt include the 4-500 that's going to go into setting up our website at a minimum

we'll probably be around 2 grand to 3 grand at launch deep
>>
>>12168626
sounds interesting

what fabric source are you using?
>>
>>12168643
local ones we used while in school, as well as ones we've come across individually in our short careers
i'm not being vague on purpose, there's just a decent sized list that we've got to narrow down during our production sample round--getting the best price

i would more than double my startup cost estimate if you choose to contract a pattern maker and a sample sewer

we're able to do this at a relatively low cost because we went to school for this and worked in actual companies, and so we're able to do a lot of the grunt work ourselves
>>
>>12168485
The brown kid in this vid did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkiQeAOcJQw
>>
bump lads
>>
>>12168504
Let me model your line
>>
>>12169059
post your instagram if you're in LA
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.