[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is /fa/ hipster?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1485013532977m.jpg (55KB, 1024x742px) Image search: [Google]
1485013532977m.jpg
55KB, 1024x742px
Is /fa/ hipster?
>>
Nah, a lot of the cunts on here wear streetwear shit. They're more "gangsta rap" than hipster with their indie folk and coffee shops.
>>
>>12166852
Hipsters stopped existing a couple of years ago, they have moved on but idk how are they called now
>>
>>12166938
They definitely still exist in places like Portland, or any coffee shop in some trendy liberal inner city
>>
Hipster pretty much just means young people in cities who pretends to be interested in art. So yeah, /fa/ would be one of many types of hipsters.
>>
>>12166938
This. Basically every normie became a "hipster" circa 2013-2014. Now to distance themselves further the weird teens who are interested in music and other arts are "alt kids" which is a stupid term like all of them are
>>
Yes.

Theres not much grasp on being Hipster in this thread cos it mostly Hipsters posting.

Its much, much more than moustaches and flannels.
>>
>>12166852
>>
"Hipster" is and always has been a meaningless buzzword people use to feel better about themselves.
>>
>>12167344
This.
>>
>>12166973
if anything, /fa/ is post-hipster
>>
when i think of hipster clothes i think of

2000-2005
-band tees, skinny/tight jeans
-unsymmetrical/awkward haircuts
-chunky vintage glasses

Normies slowly took this over, but not some of the more outrageous hipster glasses or tightest jeans.

I dont think any of the facial-hair/lumberjack/tattoo culture was hipster at all, that was just normie trends always

after 2005, I'm not sure where the 2000-2005 hipsters jumped onto.

Does anyone know?

altho at the moment i think normcore might be where a lot of the 2000s hipsters are resting in
>>
“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a plebeian.
>>
>>12166938

"Hipster" isn't one specific thing. Hipsters will always exist; what's considered "hipster" is the only thing that will change. I have no clue what the hipsters are doing now, though.
>>
>nobody posted the pasta yet
Son, i am disappoint.
>>
>>12168068
boi
>>12168030
>>
>broke college student
>buy clothes from thrift stores
>inherited clothes from grandfather and great uncles that have passed on
>actually cold now so I wear a beanie cap

get called a hipster, or people ask if I'm and artist or something
>>
>>12168071
I was thinking of another longer one but that'll have to do.
>>
>>12168082
I buy my clothes from the thrift too cause I'm broke af and think the cops are more xclusive since it's not mall clothes made with tens of dozens others.

some people like it others say im stuck in 70s. I guess cause my fits are kinda psychedelia influenced and hippies were supposed to be. but idk.
>>
>>12166941
go on hawthorne blvd in portland and you will find where all the hipsters have retreated to
>>
>>12166938

they became SJWs
>>
>>12166938
Hipster is either a term denoting a certain class of individual who is on an aesthetic or cultural cutting edge or a poser. Now, I tend to use hipster in the former sense because I can say "poser" if I mean it and because Robert Lantham's "Hipster Handbook" framed my thinking in 2003. Bear in mind that "aesthetic or cultural cutting edge" is not a value statement; hipsters need not be cool, good, etc. In fact, the continual push toward the next big thing for its own sake can be rightly derided.

Of course, all of this is to say that hipsters assuredly still exist, but they may not look the same as they once did. I strongly doubt they sport beards and flannels still, for instances.

As to the OP's question, the answer depends on whether hipsters are posers or not. If they are, /fa/ is assuredly hipster, since it's generally a few months to years behind all major trends.
>>
>>12168030
This being pasta notwithstanding, I believe "hipster" like the previous decade's "poser" is such an easy bogeyman to admonish because Jean Baudriallard was correct in his claim that in the era of the sign (that is, the contemporary era), we all crave a previous authenticity that never actually existed. Incidentally, this is the same reason we continually march toward that new look, band, etc.
>>
>>12166941
this %100
im a barista in Houston at an annoyingly "atheistic" cafe and the customers are tryhard af a good majority of the time.
>>
>>12169428
You meant aesthetic, right? Because the idea of an atheist cafe is somehow hilarious.
>heres your Americano, Bradley...and a daily affirmation we just rot in the ground
>>
>>12167890
That's what I think of when I imagine a hipster. Mid to late noughties, 20 somethings who thrive on underground music and wear thick framed acetate glasses and black skinny jeans, maybe they ride a fixie and drink pbr. My cousin was one and i developed a taste for certain music through him. The normies took over the style in 2010 and turned it into lumbersexual/beards and flannels types. The original millennial hipster subculture is so gone and dead I can barely recollect the general feeling of those people, but I can see snippets.
>>
>>12169459
>One Cuban, as dark as the void we will all soon face
>>
Yes of course.

"Hipsters" and "edgy sekrit club teens" have all the same pattern. The only difference is that we're always first in everything. Doesn't mean we don't have the same motivation and mindset.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.