[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck do adult men wear?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0193.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0193.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I am 26 and I still shop at fucking hot topic because they are the only store that sells metal band shirts.

I feel like a angsty teenager. I feel like I am so limited in what I can wear. Like for the last 10 years, my entire wardrobe consists of metal band shirts, jeans and hoodies with black sneakers or boots.

What the fuck are my other options? My friend said that I dress like some angsty teenage faggot stuck in metal phase. Which is ironic because he wears skinny jeans, checkered shirts and man buns all the time.

FUCK THIS!!! How is it that I feel so limited? I hate flashy stuff. I like... tactical and effective clothing. Don't like being vulnerable.

I am also a black male which kinda sorta limits me in what I can wear as well. That's probably just in my mind though.
>>
I also had your problem, always wore black clothing and band shirts. I work a job where you can dress very casual but still have to look presentable. So I decided to buy some green and other earthy colored shirts and cardigans just to mix it up.

I think grey tones look great with black skin, so try to blend some of that into your wardrobe.
>>
File: 1416108552135.gif (2MB, 475x277px) Image search: [Google]
1416108552135.gif
2MB, 475x277px
At the office I wear chinos (navy, khaki, cream usually) with a tucked in dress shirt, a nice leather belt and matching leather dress shoes, open types. In the colder months, I swap the chinos for corduroy sometimes, but not very often.
If there's an occasion where I need to wear a suit, I wear closed oxford leather shoes.
I generally avoid suede leather shoes because it stains and it's a pain in the ass to maintain.

When I'm not in the office I wear slim jeans (e.g. Levi's 511) with sweaters, hoodies or casual shirts untucked (which are different from my dress shirts). I sometimes swap the jeans for one of my chinos, but not very often.
Simple white sneakers go well with everything here, and if you're black that look even better because of the contrast. Avoid big bulky shoes, go simple and white.

I hope this helps.
>>
>>12143918
Thank you for the tips.

This may sound strange but how do you go about making your own style I guess?

I have ideas in my head what I want to wear but I often worry about it being goofy.

I really like trapper hats and those Russian hats(forget what they are called). I like medium sized leather coats too and jeans. And maybe some kind of boot.

Could that work and not look goofy? I honestly just don't want to look stupid which is my biggest fear. This is why I don't really experiment.
>>
>>12143937
>This may sound strange but how do you go about making your own style I guess?
experience mostly. choose some simple smart casual / casual basics, see which ones you like, which ones look good on you, what sort of colors fit you etc.
>>
>>12143937
>This may sound strange but how do you go about making your own style I guess?
Oh no I don't want to go there, I'm too autistic to try and make my own unique thing.
I just want to blend in and to never allow anyone to say I'm poorly dressed, I don't want any drama.
>>
Nice brown shoes, brown belt, collared shirt. Khaki's or blue jeans. schlick that hair back. Done.
(one of us, one of us...)
>>
>>12143879
Not sure about how much money you have, but I can assume if you are shopping at Hot Topic, you probably aren't well off. Take a look at the styles All Saints offers, although they are pricy and try to mimic that through cheaper brands like H&M.
>>
>>12143879
Good color slim fit button up shirts. Bolo ties. Jeans. Boots.

It's really just a straight step-up from what you currently wear, without selling out.

Just try to think of things you like, and obtain those things.

About being a black male: never be pressured into your entire identity about being a black male. Never do that thing where you become super proud to be black and resent all of your friends because you just suddenly realized you were black and that it should absorb every part of your being.

Don't fall for Jewish tricks.
>>
>>12143879
wear black, but the difference is in the shape of your clothing.
>>
>>12143879
Sounds like you should look into milsurp. Go visit varusteleka, you can wear black merino t-shirts, used army cargo pants and combat boots.
This seems like the logical next step in advancing your style. The metal shirts should go well with that.
>>
Honestly watch some movies ffs
>>
Might want to check out the techwear threads on this board. You don't have to go full autismo, but it seems like a natural progression from what you like to wear now.
>>
>>12145622
>>12147022
>>12148222
These.
>>
>>12143937
Start with basic shit like in the sticky or that infographic that keeps getting posted. Plain tshirts instead of logos, sweaters instead of hoodies, etc. Build a foundation you can experiment from one piece at a time, like bundeshwer parkas maybe
>>
>>12143879

A lot of margiela, Kris van assche, Dior gimme occasionally.

Red wings or Alden boots casually

Some techwear Arc'teryx or LLBean for shooting equipment
>>
>>12143879

My gf buys my clothes
>>
>>12143879
Suiting is a different Hermes tie for each week about 12 in rotation for 2 weeks.

Shirts Turnbull and asser bespoke

Oxxford or zegna suiting

Casual Fridays just red wings, sevedge Levis vintage clothing and a James perse tee or those in branded bike combat base layers. Love them
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.