[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw just barely not passionate about anything to pursue it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1024.jpg (420KB, 1247x957px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1024.jpg
420KB, 1247x957px
>tfw just barely not passionate about anything to pursue it as a career

Anyone have this problem? I am interested in a few cool things but not enough to fully pursue them as a career or a fulfilling hobby. Is it the lack of confidence, maybe stage fright? Its not laziness I can motivate myself to work no problem, i.e. school or work.

Any advice?.
>>
This is also me. Maybe depression ?
>>
>>12116402
maybe, but are you sad? I am not really sad. In fact I am happy a decent amount of the time from little pleasures, but not deeply satisfied.
>>
I get this too. I do feel sad too. I feel like the things that I would be more interested in have no or few jobs available, or similar. Im having to swap away from my physics major because i keep failing physics and maths classes. I want someone to ask me if i need help because i cant really ask for it on my own.
>>
Is music possible as a career at all? It seems like pulling names out of a hat.
>>
>>12116383
It's Schizoid Personality Disorder. I've got it.
>>
The 'passion' meme is bullshit. Hardly anyone has a pre-existing passion that matches with a career. Most careers are an acquired taste. They become fun when you become good at it.
>>
>>12116547
Hey, I've got it, too -- legit diagnosed.

Kind of sucks, but what can y'do.
>>
>>12116547
How do you know that based off what he said? I thought that was just more about being a loner.
>>
>>12116734
yea this.
>>
>>12116575
wow that is a really good point thank you!
>>
I feel you OP. Although, it's not so much that I lack "passion" or whatever you want to say in that vein; I lack motivation. I find it so hard to actually want to do certain things. It sucks absolute ass.
>>
>>12116383
>>12116406
I feel the exact same, I'm in Uni doing a subject I don't even care about and only picked on a whim.
What I'm loving is this opportunity to explore my interests and improve my self when I don't need to work because I'm studying, so until I find a 'passion' I'm trying various things.
I'm going on a programme to teach English abroad because it's something you can commit to for a few years so I won't need to worry about applying for jobs, working for promotions or buying a house. Plus i was thinking of starting a shitty youtube channel like everyone else who stays in Japan and seeing if that can become popular enough to make a little money on the side from
I just can't see myself doing one thing my whole life, I've seen what complete committal to a profession does to you from my parents and I don't want that, I don't even think they know if they're happy, they're too busy to stop and think at times.
>>
>>12117253
>I'm going on a programme to teach English abroad
Im doing the same thing but I need my degree first and I'm having enough trouble with that as it is.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.