[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Septum piercing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: screencap5.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
screencap5.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
Is it possible to get your septum pierced with a clear retainer ring/piercing?
Sorry for invading /fa/, just wasn't sure what board would encompass piercing questions.
>>
>ANY YEAR, ANY CENTURY, ANY MILLENNIUM.
>MUTILATING ONE'S BODY.
>>
>>12116129
I can't remember if piercing shops specifically use metal for the initial piercing or if you can choose your own jewelry to start with. But most septum jewelery you can flip up so it's hidden but you might be able to request a clear retainer if they have any in stock
>>
they use metal because plastic is hard to disinfect, but once it's healed you can use whatever you want

however, if you're scared of your mum and dad seeing your piercing, just fucking wait until you're 18 and living on your own. it'll be on your face forever, waiting a few years won't hurt.
>>
>>12116133
Shops usually will be hesitant to pierce you with a retainer. They're not good for healing (never figured out why, this is the typical reason cited).

You could always sign a waiver I guess, one stating that you take full responsibility of substituting plastic for metal.
>>
>>12116129
You can just flip it with an open barbell one
>>
>>12116129
If you get a larger circular barbell it can be flipped up, just tell your piercer that you want it flipped up before its pierced and they will do it for you.
>>
>>12116573
I think the stainless steel is preferred because it's easier to clean..not as much tiny holes in it on the micro level as the clear plastic shit...more holes and crevices..more places for bacteria to grow. It's also stronger and won't break/crack. I've used both and the clear ones kinda pull more than the stainless steel too
>>
>>12116129

Stainless steel at first. When it heals do whatever you want.

Do not pierce it yourself, you'll fuck it up.
Do not get it pierced and immediately use acrylic/plastic/etc., you will get an infection.

It's possible to get it pierced with as smal sized circular barbell and flip it up, though this may be uncomfortable and may cause you to sneeze a bunch and shit.

Go to a good shop. Don't go somewhere if the peircing price is sub $50.
>>
>>12116997
this.

also don't flip it up before it's healed, that'll tear up the wound again and hurts like 5/10, I've tried that. Also you should consider stretching it to at least 2mm if you're a male. Looks more masculine that way.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.