[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He spends hundreds, possibly thousands on single pieces

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

>He spends hundreds, possibly thousands on single pieces

Who /brokefashion/ here? Most of my wardrobe is full of Uniqlo, Levis, cheap grails and thrifted finds. I'm not alone am I effay?
>>
get a job you worthless fuck
>>
I spend max 400 on a single piece.
>>
>>12106302
if youre so insecure about being poor to the point of belittling people who actually arent working from paycheck to paycheck at mcdonalds then you sure as fuck arent effay by any stretch of the imagination
you're not alone, 80% of this board is broke-ass teenagers that actually could afford nice pieces but choose to look forward to the "new uniqlo drop" and discuss gildan vs hanes
its not to say this is no place for that kind of discussion but its rampant and fucking annoying when a post about uniqlo tees in a b/s/t gets like 5 replies
>>
>>12106319
Bruh lots of people have jobs but don't want to spend a shit ton of money on clothing every month.
>>
>>12106515
and lots of people have jobs but dont want to spend a shit ton of money on car modifications every month, whats your point?
we're on a fashion board and this guy is complaining about people who arent poor
>>
>>12106612
Are you retarded or something? That was a response to someone saying "get a job". Lots of people have jobs and aren't out binge shopping every month. Is that point too hard for you to understand? The only one complaining here is you. Please point to the spot in the OP's post where he complains about people not being poor. You can't because it's not there. Protip: not being poor doesn't equal spending shit tons on clothes. Kys faggot.
>>
I have a handful of Rick pieces and have never paid over $300 -- even got a new blazer for nearly $300.

Though, if I had the money, I would buy a CCP leather jacket considering it will last a lifetime.
>>
>>12106638
Don't be so salty you don't have any money
>>
I'm in college and make 10 euro an hr at Tesco so yeah I'm pretty cheap lots of vintage/charity shop finds

I buy a lot of my shit on sale today I copped an allsaints shirt and a polo bucket hat

I buy decent quality stuff when I can (alpha industries parka and nudies jeans for example)
>>
>>12106638
because he said ">He spends hundreds, possibly thousands on single pieces" which implies that he thinks hes superior to people who spend a decent amount of money on their hobby when he can just buy uniqlo and levis
i get your point, i just dont see how its relevant because he literally said that he's /brokefashion/ implying hes fucking poor
seems you're a little bit buttriled here my dude
>>
>>12106638
so fucking mad holy shit
people who cant justify spending over ___ on clothes are so tempestuous and insecure they have to make threads about how secure they are and lash out at people using their denying the antecedent rhetoric
>>
Student with a decent job. I'd probably max out on a piece at around $300 or $400, I have too many hobbies and other things to save for. And when I graduate college I want to join the military. I won't have that much time to be /fa/ after that so I'm not gonna ever spend thousands on a piece, I don't think.
>>
>>12106302
u dont have to be rich to afford nice things
just budget out and find good deals online, its better if you spend good money on a quality piece instead of the same amount of money on 5 uniqlo things
uniqlo's good for basics but thats about it
>>
Me too OP. The vast majority of my wardrobe is from a resale shop where everything is less than 2 dollars and I get compliments on the way I dress pretty often. I like thrifting because I can actually find good quality stuff. Also shopping is just more fun at resale shops imo. There's a lot of shit to wade through sometimes but there's also a lot of variety, it makes me try things I might not have been looking for when I started.

The only stuff I buy new (other than socks and underwear obviously) is some of my pants because it's not as easy to find ones that fit the way I want from resale shops. It helps that I know some basic sewing though and can alter things to fit the way I want.

There are some semi-expensive things I've wanted in the past and have saved to buy but at the same time I think it's silly how much people spend on trendy items just to resell them like 8 months later when they change their mind. Not worth the hassle at all to me.
>>
>>12106302
you are not.

i only invest in shoes and denim/pants (for fit)
the most i paid for shoes is like $475 and the most for pants $210

everything else is from uniqlo or quality basics i found on sale

i really want a nice jacket one day but honestly it's not necessary right now
>>
Everything I own but plain shirts, underwear, and socks are used, specifically from value village. It takes some work (ie looking often and thoroughly), but I've probably saved so much money. I've found so many things with the tags still on them for a 5th the price.

Helly Hansen jacket for $15 regularly $200
Wool trousers for $10 regularly $120
Various wool cardigans and cashmere sweaters for $10 a piece.

You just can't go in with the intent of finding certain things.
>>
>>12106302
go thrifting nigga
>>
/r/fashionreps
>>
>>12107039
this must be a fucking joke

poorfag effay is best achieved by building a wardrobe from grailed, ebay, and vintage stores
>>
>>12106302
Jackets, tees and flannels from thrifting.
A couple of pants from thrifting, dickies and old navy tan chinos, a couple from cheap mall tier brands
Shoes in discount.
>>
/poorcore/

I usually wear all black. A lot of Uniqlo and AA turtleneck and crewneck sweaters/sweatshirts, flannels, dickies slim fit cropped trousers, AF1s and Dr Martens Derbies. I splurged on outerwear though and have a levi's suede trucker and an AI parka
>>
>>12107039
gross
>>
>>12106302
>live in Hong Kong
>get my whole wardrobe from picking up pieces from street stands/corner shops
>never spent more than $50 on any piece of clothing
>still /fa/
Step up plebios
>>
>tfw pretty much all my clothes are from thrift stores or H&M
>"How can you afford all those expensive clothes!"
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.