[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many ivy leaguers post here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1439340706646.jpg (117KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1439340706646.jpg
117KB, 612x612px
Seems like an unusually large number of /fa/ggots go to prestigious schools, especially ivies. I get the impression that the proportion is even higher than on /sci/. Of course it might be confirmation bias, but I think it would be independent of the board I'm on.

So why/how do so many of you attend such good schools?

If you go/went to an ivy or similarly ranked school, do you post here regularly? What do you study? How's your life going, and what was your childhood like? why do you browse /fa/?

How do I become like you?
>>
File: tumblr_nkx533qFRG1tahhymo1_1280.jpg (300KB, 1280x1067px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkx533qFRG1tahhymo1_1280.jpg
300KB, 1280x1067px
iirc pic related goes to dartmouth

My best guess is that many ivy /fa/gs had parents who were financially secure and had decent leisure time. Since they had spending money and time to spend it, the parents dressed well, and the kids picked up the habit.
This also meant that they had the time and resources to send their kids to good high schools and to push them into certain activities and classes, all of which makes for a good college application. At the undergrad level, ivies take plenty of specialized geniuses, but they also want undergrads who are more well-rounded and pretty good at a variety of things, and a teenaged /fa/ fits in well there.

You don't see institutions like Johns Hopkins or MIT mentioned here though, which also makes sense, as they care more about research and seek more undergrads who are exceptionally specialized. /sci/ fits better than /fa/ here.

But then why the fuck would you browse a Japanese cartoon forum to discuss fashion? We have a dozen threads about "is __ effay" and bully each other in the waywts which are usually very bad. Why does this appeal to the effay ivy leaguer?

Also, how do you dress?
>>
>>12098539
>Going out of your way to dress preppy
>Must mean go to an ivy league

Lmaoing @ ur life rn
>>
>>12098539
Although it is no ivy-league, I attend Caltech. I was introduced to 4chan many years ago by a degenerate friend. Since then, I've began exploring many different boards and eventually settled on fit, fa, and sci.

Most of my family is in shape and played sports in the past. They also dress well and most have at least a BA/BS. I feel that I just fell into that theme which has led me to frequent this board. I feel that maybe this is the case for quite a few of us.
>>
>A lot of posters claim they go to expensive schools

>Most WAYWT posts do not have anything to do with any kind of wealth or ivy-like settings

Makes sense.
>>
Most of them are just shit skins who got the affirmative action ticket
>>
studying medicine at monash, buying overpriced clothing is my only release
>>
>>12098543
/fa/ has become the perfect place for shitposts. fashion discussion for me takes a back seat to banter and dicking around here. of course i still enjoy fashion and the dedicated discussion thereof, i just like screwing around here because i feel most of you are like minded to myself (appreciation of aesthetic value, consumer fetishism, "cool vibes", etc...)

I'm don't attend an ivy league, but i can only guess thats why people come here when some of the threads are so terrible and the waywt are usually trash.
>>
>>12098543
Dartmouth reporting in. Vanny you here?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.