[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>trying to shave with Mach three razor after hot shower >Keep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0302.jpg (29KB, 667x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0302.jpg
29KB, 667x500px
>trying to shave with Mach three razor after hot shower
>Keep getting cut and bleeding. A lot.
>It leaves red pimple looking bumps

What am I doing wrong here? Am I not applying enough after shave cream? Is it the razor blades? DoI need to exfoliate the skin more
>>
Are you shaving against the grain, and are you trying to shave more than stubble and light hair?
>>
>>12077583
Yes and yes. I was trying to get as clean a save as possible because there is always a bit left over regardless if I use an electric razor or a regular manual razor
>>
>>12077586
-Soak your skin first, don't just go straight in with a hot blade. use a shaving brush instead of those crappy cans of cream. It's a little bit more costly but it gets the cream into your skin properly.
-Leave it on for about 5 mins (wash your body in the meantime) THEN shave with the grain, against, then with it once more. once your done, apply cool water, then freezing water .
-Do NOT dry it with a towel etc, let it air-dry. Once that's done then use a moisturizer to seal it up and keep your skin healthy.

Another note is you might even want to try swapping to a safety razor. I have a similar problem but I find safety razors (with brushes) get the best shave and are much kinder on skin. You could try a straight-blade but they're costly and you need to keep them maintained very well.
>>
>>12077586
Okay then. Firstly don't go against the grain unless you have tough skin and pores, and trim with a clipper and then use a razor.
Going against the grain AND trying to tackle a mountain of hair means you're going to pull a lot of hairs, irate your skin and follicles, and dull the blades faster.

Also moisturize after shaving to protect against dryness and razor burn.
>>
Don't shave against the grain. If you're going after more than a little stubble, try and trim it down with clippers/a beard trimmer first. The longer hairs get pulled more by a razor and can cause a rougher shave. That should pretty much stop the cuts.

As far as the razor burn, you may have more sensitive skin. Try a shaving cream/gel specifically for that. Pic related works best for me. Another trick is to disinfect the skin with a little rubbing alcohol after shaving. This stings a little, but it works as those "red pimple looking bumps" are caused by bacteria getting into the hair follicles you cut shaving.
>>
File: IMG_1885.jpg (20KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1885.jpg
20KB, 355x355px
>>12077609
Thas the pic
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.