[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i let people know im gay without being overly flamboyant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 10

File: 1438202401998.gif (15KB, 345x363px) Image search: [Google]
1438202401998.gif
15KB, 345x363px
how do i let people know im gay without being overly flamboyant and/or obnoxuous?
>>
>>12053842
Scarf and skinny jeans
>>
bleached hair
>>
>>12053842
slight gay inflection. it's pretty subtle but you'll still set off every gaydar in the room.

very very manicured facial hair

faggy earings is the easiest though.
>>
"Ask me if I'm gay"
>>
>>12053851

i think this might be a bit too much

>>12053859

this is definitely too much lol

>>12053849

scarf is a good shout. unfortunately i am a 190lbs powerlifter and my legs dont fit in jeans, but i really should wear my scarf more.

>>12053854

how do i learn this?
>>
>>12053842
It doesn't matter unless asked. Jesus, dont let your sexual orientation define you my man.
>>
>>12053861
>my legs dont fit in jeans,
T
H
I
C
C
>>
Wear everything 1-2 sizes too small.
Wear bright colors and stripes and zig-zags - every day is ugly sweater party day.
Wear a scarf.
Try to dress as tame as possible, imagine you're teaching elementary school every day.
Wear jeans with a >7" hem so you don't look too edgy, you're just a sweet little boy trying to fit in.

Suburban gay people are the fucking worst. Their entire being is defined by their sexuality yet they pretend to be 'just like everyone else'. Instead of using their abnormal situation to be super edgy and defy social norms like the cool gay people - they pretend to be suburban dads but with a gay twist.

Like hayyy guys I might show up to your casserole party with my partner, yeah we're only 23, but we dress like adults, pretend to be adults, and hang out with people who have safe-TV-generated opinions and personalities.

>how do i let people know im gay without being overly flamboyant and/or obnoxuous?
You fucking kill yourself because you let your sexuality define who you are, yet try to be something you're not.

Wear a too-small sweater with some zig-zags on it, a terrible pair of H&M slightly-faded jeans with a just-long-enough inseam and a huge hem, and a pair of vans with a thick sole. Don't forget a pair of glasses and a scarf to seem less threatening.
>>
>>12053865

when your dating pool is 3% of the population, it actually is kind of important you are visibly gay. otherwise nobody will ever ask you out.
>>
>>12053842
If you have friends and tell one of them, pretty much everybody will know within a few months. People talk
>>
>>12053922
>The average gay man has somewhere in the neighborhood of 250-500 sexual partners
>Gay men have on average more relationships than straight men

Yeah it's well known that gay dudes have trouble getting around and spreading their diseases.
>>
>>12053842
Forget the "gay voice", skin tight shirts and earrings. Wear clothes that fit well (not tight), compliment your body type and are in good modern color palettes. Even if you're a powerlifter you should be able to find things to wear and get tailored. This way you'll look better than 95% of all straight normies and that should be enough to set off gaydars.
>>
>>12053899
>You fucking kill yourself because you let your sexuality define who you are, yet try to be something you're not.

Or maybe he just wants to get laid? Chill out.
>>
>>12053935
>Or maybe he just wants to get laid

Shouldn't be too hard, he's gay
>>
>>12053925

yeah i have no problem having casual sex. thats easy.

getting a bf/sex with an emotional collection is much more difficult though.
>>
>>12053944
>getting a bf/sex with an emotional collection is much more difficult though.

Try not acting like a stereotypical hollywood queer and being defined by your sexuality and you might meet a real developed person.
>>
>>12053944
Have you ever thought about the fact that maybe, just MAYBE, the reason that's soooooo hard is that men aren't meant to be having sex and intimate relationships with other men?
>>
>>12053944
>an emotional collection
"...and this wall is where I hang all of my feelings,"
>>
>>12053954
that kinda makes sense
so thats why gay people are so annoying and girly like they have to stand out
must stuck being gay desu nothing against them but i hate obnoxious faggots
>>
>>12053950

>straight person wants to dress to be attractive
>totally fine

>gay person wants to dress to be attractive
>"omg stop letting your sexuality define you you fucking faggot, stop being so in-my-face"

Getting real tired of this meme lads.
>>
>>12053842
Electroshock therapy
>>
>>12053972
>Getting real tired of this meme lads.
>meme

>how do i let people know im gay without being overly flamboyant and/or obnoxuous?
>HOW DO I LET PEOPLE KNOW IM GAY

you could just be yourself and develop your own style. but no - there has to be a twist - as if there is something more important than being yourself....oh right it's the fact that you're GAY that's the most important.

hang on while i copy/paste my entire life from a sitcom

I'm totally just being myself though, the fact that I'm gay has nothing to do with my hollywood generated personality and opinions

btw im really non-threatening so I'll do my best to be as normal as possible to fit in because I don't want to seem weird even though I really am xD

This is why most people don't like gays. Very few of them are actually being themselves.
>>
Intentionally be caught up staring at men's bulge
>>
>>12053899
do you want some guac for the chip on your shoulder
>>
>>12053842
Keep a dildo in ur pocket and pretend to accidentally drop it in front of people
>>
>>12053941
I'm going to spread the gay by sneezing on you. You better watch out, future homo.
>>
>>12053842
why do you care about about other people knowing you are gay?
>>
>>12054059

its because i want a bf.

obviously the absolute best way to find a partner is to meet them organically, at a party or at a class or something. but the special problem with being gay is that spontaneously asking someone out is nigh-impossible. When 97% of the population is fundamentally incompatible with you, the chances of failure (and potentially angering someone) are so high that to ask out guys in public you think are hot would be incredibly stupid. Unless of course you can somehow tell or suspect that hes gay by what he wears or how he acts.

Without this visibility, you could be the hottest guy in the world and still never get anyone asking you out.

So if I want to meet gay guys organically and without the crappy crutch that is dating apps, I need to somehow hint at my sexuality through the way I act and present myself.

Does that make sense?
>>
>>12054078
ill b ur bf u fucking faggot >:(
>>
i feel like we're getting a bit offtopic here.

can we get back to the fashion advice pls?
>>
>>12053861
>190lbs powerlifter
hey daddy! hit me up ;)
>>
>>12054078
>obviously the absolute best way to find a partner is to meet them organically, at a party or at a class or something

Yeah, obviously.

So why not just tell people you're gay?

It's either that or gay dating which is obviously gonna land you sexual partners but not relationship quality people.

You can't take short-cuts if you want something genuine just saying. You have to be genuine yourself first.

Pretending to be something or someone you're not is the best way to only attract people doing the same thing.
>>
>>12054078
whatever you do, don't get earrings please

you also have to ask yourself: how much does meeting a boyfriend "organically" mean to you. by acting "gay" you are going to put off a LOT of people and lose chances on normal friendships
>>
>>12054078
That completely makes sense. I don't know why this thread is so full of dense motherfuckers sperging out writing long posts in all caps
>>
>>12054111
>it makes sense to pretend to be someone you're not in order to attract a partner for a relationship

Yeah makes complete sense
>>
>>12053899
Any time you find yourself writing more than a few lines just know you're going to sound like a sperg.
>>
>>12054118
great point, anything else you'd like to add?
>>
>>12054108
Letting someone know your gay doesn't always come up in conversation. Anyway, it's not a shortcut to want to change your appearance in a small way to let people know your sexuality. And how is slightly changing your appreance "pretending to be something youre not"? On the flip side, most people are assumed to be straight from their apprearence and because this is the norm, that's not a shortcut.
>>
>>12053941
>Hangs out in fashion board
>Disgusted by gays
>>
>>12054121
>Anyway, it's not a shortcut to want to change your appearance in a small way to let people know your sexuality

Yes it is. And it's retarded and won't work, also.

I already defined the stereotypical hollywood suburban gay for you, but you don't want that.

I dress edgy as fuck. I do whatever I want. I wear crazy things.

Nobody thinks I'm gay, they just think I'm eccentric.

Did you know that gays used to wear color-coded bandannas in order to secretly let other gays know their fetishes and sexuality? They also used to wear safety pins as another form of code. There's literally tons of gay clothing code out there.

Is that what you want?
>>
>>12054142
>Yes it is. And it's retarded and won't work, also.
It's not retarded to want your apprearence to reflect something about yourself. And it works all the time.

>I already defined the stereotypical hollywood suburban gay for you, but you don't want that.
This makes no sense. He just wants to let people know that he's gay, not everyone who does that fits into some ridiculous stereotype that you outlined

>I dress edgy as fuck. I do whatever I want. I wear crazy things.
Nobody thinks I'm gay, they just think I'm eccentric.
Good for you. Get this: people aren't wrong for acting differently than you.

>Did you know that gays used to wear color-coded bandannas in order to secretly let other gays know their fetishes and sexuality? They also used to wear safety pins as another form of code. There's literally tons of gay clothing code out there.
Don't see anything wrong with that.
>>
>>12054044
This
>>
>>12053842
Straight guys: How should I dress and act to attract girls?!

Straight guys, also: Ugh why do you want to have your life revolve around your sexuality? Try getting a personality.
>>
>>12054044
make sure to pick it up without bending the legs
>>
Just keep living your life, eventually people will notice
>>
Show up at the new year party with a "male date".
>>
>>12053842
whisper it in their ear
>>
>>12054192
Kek this.
>>12053842
Get a grindr account, aside from that just be you. Typically you'll show a few mannerisms that people catch. Easiest one, since you're here, is dressing well. Doesn't have to be over the top or format, just good
>>
>>12053842
Literally just dress well. Breeders uniformly look awful
>>
>>12054260
Holy fuck you call them breeders too.
>>
>>12053987
you must not know very many gay people
>>
>>12053842
Just check SFW gay web sites like outsports.com in front of a gossipy bitch, and she will tell everyone that you're gay for you.
>>
>>12053987
>how do i let people know im gay

>oh right it's the fact that you're GAY that's the most important.

he never mentioned anything about defining himself through his homosexuality, its just hard to find a partner if nobody knows that your gay
>>
File: 1480962758232.jpg (103KB, 784x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480962758232.jpg
103KB, 784x960px
>>12053944
>yeah i have no problem having casual sex. thats easy.
>getting a bf/sex with an emotional collection is much more difficult though
Do you really not see the problem here?
>>
>>12054256
grindr isn't effay
>>
>>12053842
do you even lisp?
I was born with it, never knew it's 'gay', kek. but then I realised I'm gay, and also that lisps are gay
>>
what about a subtle rainbow bracelet? You acn buy a discreet one to wear at parties. If someone else is gay, they will make a point to look for it. Don't wear any other accessories. This will make the queer bracelet stand out.
>>
>>12054402
Rainbow bracelets aren't effay
>>
wear homo-associated brands ???
>>
>>12054462
you'll just end up looking chinese
>>
This is defonitely more a wuestion for

>>>/lgbt/

A lot of people here wear gay looking shit regardless if they are straight or not, and I'm sure you'd rather look gay than like a /fa/g.
>>
File: 4dce11bb23019330d6ffa4faff265414.jpg (219KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
4dce11bb23019330d6ffa4faff265414.jpg
219KB, 1280x853px
do this no sock dress shoe thing with the highwaters. people trying to look fashionable look pretty gay doing this. so if you wanna look gay its perfect
>>
>>12054462

what are homoassociated brands?
>>
>>12053849
No, ttt.those aren't gay straight men can wear them too!!
>>12053851
Thats dumb
>>12053859
This just say that you're gay when people bring it up to you, just treat it like it is normal because since "it's 2016 guys" it basically is normal, and should be a casual thing.
>>
>>12054963
>when people bring it up to you
this never happens
>>
>>12054964
I know my friend Steve is gay, we never really bring it up, and it's fine, I think most people know he's gay.
>>
>>12053842
Homosexuals have an incredibly high rate of other mental illnesses such as depression. If you kill yourself a lot of people might start suspecting you were gay.

Worth a shot anyway.
>>
File: 1476916690911.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1476916690911.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>12054132
>>
>>12054462
anything streetwear related
>>
>>12054270
It's a meme you dip
>>
>>12054078
>meeting guys organically
>wants to advertise the fact he's gay

How about you do what other gays do.

>make eye contact
>smile, nod
>wait for him to smile back
>"Hi, Im Anon"
>"Hi Anon, I'm Homo"
>comment on something common, the weather, the store, what he's wearing, his eyes/hair
>in like flynn

Straight guys, or guys not interested won't be receptive or further the conversation.
>>
>>12054384
>grindr isnt /fa/
Growlr. Get yourself a muscle bear.

My mans a big ol' flannel wearing muscle bear. Hnnnnng
>>
>All these people shitting on OP

I'm sorry, OP ;_;
>>
>>12053842
Right ear-ring.........
Did you sit under a rock for the last 35 years
>>
>>12054078
right earring
easy
>>
>>12053842
you have sex with men
>>
>>12055711
lucky u
>>
File: 1481901412610.jpg (4MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
1481901412610.jpg
4MB, 3120x4160px
>>12053842
dress like this
>>
>>12053842
Stop hating yourself just because your uptight 4chan buddies dissect everything gay people supposedly do.
>>
File: 51RGZDtsSoL._SX342_.jpg (19KB, 342x257px) Image search: [Google]
51RGZDtsSoL._SX342_.jpg
19KB, 342x257px
>>12053842
>>
wear neon colored thong bodysuit over tights while running
>>
>>12053842
i think the most attractive gay dudes are the ones that act like regular people that happen to be gay
>>
>>12053851
>tfw dyed my hair purple but i'm not gay
>tfw guys approach me while clubbing
at least girls ask if they can touch and shit and i can get a good start from that usually
>>
File: this.gif (118KB, 199x133px) Image search: [Google]
this.gif
118KB, 199x133px
>>12056483
>>
File: fuarkin zyzz bra.jpg (311KB, 900x430px) Image search: [Google]
fuarkin zyzz bra.jpg
311KB, 900x430px
> no one has answered "get /fit/"
You're missing out on a lot of brotein. Once you combine /fit/ and /fa/, it turns into /lgbt/ but better
>>
Rainbow socks.
Wear it high.
>>
why do your clothes have to shout "HOMO" for?
>>
>>12057554

so he can blow strangers in public toilets
>>
You just answered your own question..
If people ask, tell them you're gay. Thats it. If theres any other way you want people to know you're gay, thats being flamboyant or obnoxious to some extent.
>>
>>12053842
Parting your hair on the right
Wearing an ascot when you're not at Ascot
Wearing brown suede shoes
Voting Labour
Being a double agent for Soviet Union
Expressing admiration for modern art
Drinking anything but gin, scotch, and beer
Buying your own food at the grocers like some kind of nancy

You know, the usual
>>
I'm sorry people are being such dicks. Stay strong.
Also, maybe just sneak in a rainbow here or there. Like, if it matches your style, a rainbow bracelet or keychain or something.
>>
>>12057756
All wrong
>>
>>12053959
kek
>>
>>12057841
Not hunting, shooting, or even fishing
Wearing brown in town
Being too effeminate to smoke
Being of the wrong sort, those shifty eyed woppy fellows
Not supporting the monarchy
Never having played rugby
Pronouncing French words like a Frenchman
Being too good for roast beef, roast potatoes, and peas boiled for six hours
Not knowing which way to pass the port

Infallible signs of being a bit suss, not a sound man
>>
>>12058182
>not doing what I like
>doing what I don't like
>>
Do this when reacting strongly to something.
>>
Go to /fit/ and imitate everything they do

Wear lots of streetwear or "heritage workwear" shit

Or just tell a woman, then everyone will know
>>
>>12058495
a whole thread. a whole thread and this guy just solved it in 1 post
>>
Do the thing where you smack your lips before you talk
>>
>>12053950

you obviously just hate gay people.
>>
>>12054111

its because a good amount of people on 4chan are extremely dense bigots.
>>
File: Sanka.jpg (18KB, 280x266px) Image search: [Google]
Sanka.jpg
18KB, 280x266px
>>12053842
>let people know im gay
>without being overly flamboyant and/or obnoxuous

True fashion is subtlety and taste.
>>
>>12058787
That's precisely what he's looking for.
>>
be fa
>>
Just when youre talking to ppl sometimes use the word "partner" when referring to an ex bf thats what any gay teachers in school ive had did
>>
>>12053842
b urslf
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.