[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Before you start shitting: >i'm vegan So basically i've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: bangladesh4.jpg (107KB, 990x557px) Image search: [Google]
bangladesh4.jpg
107KB, 990x557px
Before you start shitting:
>i'm vegan
So basically i've seen a lot of shoes/boot with leather, i don't feel confortable wearing them, until i got thi question clear:

Do the just kill the animal for leather or they also use it for the meat?

I mean, if the animal would be killed also to feed someone, i would be ok, but if it is just killed for my /fa/ no.

So?
Thanks.
>>
it would be a waste if they only used it for leather
>>
>>12049291
Depends, which animal? If it's cow, sheep, goat, or pigskin then I think it's safe to assume the animal was slaughtered for food. If anything else like crocodile or some other "exotic" shit I'd say it was purely for fashion.
>>
>>12049298
B-but anon
i'm reading this:
http://www.peta.org/features/leather-industry/
It seem really cruel :( i don't want to partecipate in that.
>>
>>12049291
>I mean, if the animal would be killed also to feed someone, i would be ok...

YOU ARE NOT AN AUTHENTIC VEGAN; YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE.
>>
>>12049301
Where do you buy your shoes cool man?
I tried footlocker and they all said: EVERY SHOES HAS LEATHER.
>>
>>12049300
>PETA

Yeah no, they'll twist the narrative in any which way to achieve their agenda. Such is life, they're only animals.
>>
>>12049300
>falling for propaganda

yes, good goy
>>
>>12049291
fuck off back to tumblr you poofter cunt
>>
>>12049312
Wait do you mean they are not tortured?
And they wait till they day of old age?
>>
>>12049306

"AHIMSA", AND "NIKE", ARE MY PREFERRED BRANDS, BUT MANY —IF NOT MOST— "BIG BRANDS" HAVE SHOES THAT QUALIFY AS VEGAN; MOSTLY, IT IS A COMMONSENSICAL PROCESS TO DISCERN WHETHER A SHOE IS VEGAN.

THAT IS NOT THE "POINT" THOUGH; THE "POINT" IS THAT YOU ARE A HYPOCRITICAL POSER.
>>
>>12049317
I haven't even brought them, i was just asking, but after i saw what they do to animals, i changed my mind.
>>
>>12049321
>i'm vegan
>if the animal would be killed also to feed someone, i would be ok

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO SEE THE COGNITIVE DISSONANCE IN THAT REASONING, YOU ARE NOT ONLY A HYPOCRITICAL POSER, BUT ALSO AN IDIOT.
>>
>>12049326
It WAS JUST A TOUGHT.
Then fuck, we are in /fa/ i had an existential crysis.
>>
>>12049330
Man, you are really stupid...
>>
>>12049331
Yeah, like you never saw a pair of good shoes, and said: "Those are nice, even if they are made of leather"

I was just asking, because is really hard. I usually wear converse, even in winter, but this time i tought of something more warm, and i saw a lot of shoes, and they were all made with leather.
I was just asking, jeez, it was just a tought, probably i would have changed my mind later.

EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES.
>>
>>12049334
Leave this website, and maybe come back when you learn how to comprehend what you read.
>>
>>12049326
>>12049336
For fuk sake
I know it is wrong, but it would have been less wrong.
Come on guys, why you have to be so harsh on me?
And on the other hand, i stil didn't do nothing.
>>
>>12049340
Buy shoes second hand, that way you won't be directly funding the slaughter of animals and can still enjoy the shoes.
>>
>>12049300
peta literally bullshits and twists everything towards their political narrative
>>
>>12049340
Ignore them...
Buy some quality shoes that will last. Maybe from a brand with a green profile. Everything doesn't have to be all or nothing. It's nice that you care.
>>
>>12049291
Look up something like "vegan shoes" or thrift, anon. Recycling clothes is vegan
>>
File: 1.jpg (60KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
60KB, 600x450px
>>12049300
>PETA
These are the same people who say shearing wool kills the sheep.

Cruelty against animals is a real thing, but these guys are just as bad with their misinformation.
>>
>>12050377
> tfw vegetarian
> don't tell anyone because of shit like Peta
>>
>>12049291
OP, if you still want leather shoes i would just uy them second hand. At least you wont be directly contributing

Also PETA is shit
>>
>>12049317

> THE "POINT" IS THAT YOU ARE A HYPOCRITICAL POSER.

Geez, lighten up, tripfag. Stop being so accusatory and judgmental. He's not necessarily "posing" just because because he doesn't adhere to your definition of vegan. I've met vegans who wear leather.
>>
>>12050427

Same here, homie.
>>
>>12049291
You're a fucking loser asking this, as if it makes a difference
>>
Vast majority of leather is just a byproduct of the food industry, especially cow/pigs and other very common farm animals. Personally I do leatherworking as a hobby and basically all leather I've seen is byproduct. Only the very highest quality leather will be made for fashion since the animals will generally be of a special breed and get special care which is expensive, but I really doubt you'd be able to afford any of the stuff made with that since shit is really fuckn expensive per square foot.

I'd say anything that isn't gator/ostrich/kangaroo or costs obscene amounts of money (think 700$+ purses) is just going to be byproduct leather, only leather the average person can afford that is made for fashion is fake leather.
>>
>>12049291
Like >>12049301 says, you're definitely not vegan if you're concerned about the rest of the animal being put to good use.
Real vegans don't wear pearls or wool or silk or other shit that comes from animals that didn't even have to die.

The silver lining in all this is that you're not vegan. Keep it up.
>>
>>12049298
I'm pretty sure people actually eat crocodile, but most of it probably goes to leather
>>
>>12049300
OP, I am not vegan but I think it's great that you want to do your part against cruelty, good on you, but do not trust a word PETA says, ever. They twist anything they can get their grubby little hands on for profit and basically exploit bleeding hearts for their own money.

There are a lot more repeatable sources of information out there.
>>
>>12049291
>>12049306
I feel your pain as a fellow vegan. Its pretty much either vans/converse or $$$ designer shoes. Do check out on sale rombaut- I recently copped an amazing pair of shoes for ~$160
>>
>>12049300
>PETA
remember that time PETA kidnapped a guy's dog off his property, euthanized it, and got off scott free? me too. don't trust those attention-whoring, hypocritical fuckers.
>>
>>12051588
Gator meat is okay, somewhat gamey, but gators are really lean creatures so there's not much meat that isn't tough and sinewy.
>>
>>12051766
Whoops, realized you were talking about crocs there but it still applies.
>>
>>12051567
Ostrich isn't just a by-product, the meat was p good when I had it that one time
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.