[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fa/ help me pick glasses. Option #1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

File: option1.jpg (272KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
option1.jpg
272KB, 1280x960px
/fa/ help me pick glasses.

Option #1
>>
File: option2.jpg (288KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
option2.jpg
288KB, 1280x960px
Option 2

Also general glasses thread. What are some effay glasses?
>>
>>12026623
JESUS that chest monster under your shirt wtfff
>>
>>12026630
Yeah I'm a hairy bastard. Usually conceal it, but just wearing this shitty old t-shirt around the house.

Also I have no clue why these pics are sideways. That's not how the file is oriented on my comp.
>>
>>12026643
yea it just caught me off guard. anyway, id go with option 2
>>
>>12026623
>>12026625
2 makes you look more approachable and friendly. 1 being the opposite. Personally I would go for 1 because it fits my default facial expression, but decision's up to you.
>>12026643
4chan strips EXIF data (location/date/orientation) before the picture is uploaded to prevent doxxing.
>>
>#herstory
>>
>>12026683
Ah okay thanks for the advice. I knew 4chan stripped some info never had an issue with orientation. Thanks.
>>
File: frames.jpg (2MB, 5717x2978px) Image search: [Google]
frames.jpg
2MB, 5717x2978px
>>12026623
>>12026625
Definitely 2.
1 makes you look like one of those glasses/nose/mustache "disguises."
2 suits your face way better, and like the other anon said, you look more approachable and honestly less nu-male-ish.

Pic related is my current rotation.
Top ones arrived for me yesterday and are the most incredibly comfy glasses I've ever had. Gotta keep the bottom ones though cuz my gf likes them more.
>>
File: girlyframes.jpg (1MB, 5686x1548px) Image search: [Google]
girlyframes.jpg
1MB, 5686x1548px
>>12026737
Also got these for my gf because clear frames on grills looks freakin hot
>>
>>12026737
Looking like a nu-male is what I'm trying to avoid. so easy to fall into that trap with glasses for some reason.
>>
File: IMG_20160502_175237.jpg (382KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160502_175237.jpg
382KB, 960x1280px
This is now a glasses general.
Would circular/rounder glasses look good on me? Should I just stick with rectangles?
>>
>>12026793
>Should I just stick with rectangles?
god no those are awful
>>
>>12026793
Hard to say without seeing them. I don't have a great eye for it. I think there is some facial shape/glasses shape recommendation chart floating around somewhere.
>>
>>12026800
What's wrong with them. What shape would better suit my face?
>>
I have a question about glasses.

If I simply want a new pair of frames, but don't need my eyes checked again, can I just call my optometrist and get them to write the prescription? Or, will they make me come in again for a checkup?
>>
>>12026831
Don't they give you the prescription on paper when you get them checked, did you lose it?
>>
u look like a handsomer version of my russian jewish friend

First of all i think your face is too long for round glasses. You want to balance it out with something that stretches your face horizontally, accentuating your curves just makes u look childish imo

But for a real answer, depends on ur personality.

if you're more traditionally male, get the first pair, and maybe something even less rounded. Makes you look masculine, confident, and capable. I'm a lil turned on desu

second glasses make your cheeks, forehead, and hair look softer and rounder. even makes your jawline look a lil less defined.

get these if you're gay or base a lot of your personality on feminine characteristics
>>
>>12026868
btw this is person-specific advice. several of my friends look very good in glasses similar to the second pair, and it fits their style well.

tortiseshell is a good look on you btw>>12026623
>>
>>12026836
>did you lose it?
I guess I did; it was awhile ago. I had assumed the eyewear store took it, but I guess that really doesn't make sense.
>>
>>12026793
Kek what even are those? My contacts are bigger than your glasses lenses. Like how do you even see through those?
Your life is like playing a 1st person video game with the FOV turned down to 20 lol
Did they give you google glass and you just used the crystals for lenses?
You're walking around with an eighth of a lens on each eye hahahaha what are you doing man?!
>>
>>12026828
Those glasses look like something either a 10 year old or 80 year old would wear
>>
>>12026831
>>12026836
>>12026894
Just call your optometrist and ask for the prescription. I had to do that to order glasses from eyebuydirect because my optometrist's place charges exorbitant prices for crappy glasses.
I think they legally have to give you that info anyway.

>>12026763
Typically any thick plastic frames, especially square ones, will do that. I think it comes from the contrast of the heavy, strong lines and hard corners of the glasses to the often round and soft features nu-males commonly have.
I'd honestly say it'd be a good idea to go even slightly rounder than what you have in the second pic, as long as they're not too trendy-looking.
Also, disregard >>12026868. The 2nd pair looks more natural and contrasts better with your jawline. Nobody is gonna think you look feminine; the only people that have to worry about (unisex or men's) glasses looking too girly are either low test or babyfaced.
Longer faces can pull off round frames pretty well.
>>
>>12026763
you need to get contacts then, cause you already look like a numale without glasses.

glasses will make it worse no matter how they look
>>
File: glasses.jpg (108KB, 800x1084px) Image search: [Google]
glasses.jpg
108KB, 800x1084px
I kinda wish I could get frame advice from a /fa/ggot without having to post my face.

Anyway, I went to my local Warby Parker to try out some frames and this is just about how they fit on my face. I'm thinking about getting both frames so I can fit different lenses on them. Do I cop and which color?
>>
>>12027069
None of those are good. The ones on the right would be fine except for the corners being so obnoxiously overdone. Rounded squares will work for you, but just avoid that kind of corners.
>>
>>12027069
big frames for big features
small frames for small features

??????????
>>
File: hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg (124KB, 545x726px) Image search: [Google]
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg
124KB, 545x726px
What kind of glasses should I get? Getting tired of these
>>
go round.
>>
>>12026962
you're trying too hard
>>
File: Screenshot_20161207-120839.png (3MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161207-120839.png
3MB, 1080x1920px
Any chance of a recommendation?

I'm due for an upgrade
>>
File: Foto am 07.12.16 um 18.38.jpg (160KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Foto am 07.12.16 um 18.38.jpg
160KB, 1080x720px
Recommendations for glasses? And I know, that I should shave.
>>
>>12028218
u play WoW?
>>
>>12028241
Like 10 years ago for a couple of month.
>>
>>12027980
I actually really like those
>>
File: photo-erased.png (1MB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
photo-erased.png
1MB, 1080x720px
Help me efé, decide the future of my glasses.
Right now I have the standard numale rectangular ones and they don't suit my face at all.
>>
>>12027980
Keep those man, they suit you.
You pull them off much better than most people, and they make you look chill and approachable without looking like a beta pushover.

>>12028218
Shave everything, both beard and scalp.
Remove the pointy metal boogers.
There, you look like a decent human now.

I'd recommend something circular and heavy Imagine a German engineer in your head. Yes, that kind of glasses.

You can look very good, my man. We just have to unJUST you first.

>>12028157
Look up Taipei on eyebuydirect. You have the right face shape for them or a similar frame shape that will accentuate your jaw and not make your nose look cartoonish.

>>12028762
I'd have to see your nose and brow shape to give a recommendation. All I see now is a banana made of face. You have a good jaw/chin, but I can't help you quite yet.
>>
>>12026962
Not him, but:
For milder myopia there is no need to wear large lenses. Human peripheral vision is pretty low res anyway so it wouldn't make a huge difference, if any. You're usually looking straight ahead when you need to see distant detail so as long as your fovea is seeing a sharp image, you're good to go. Having your periphery unobstructed is much more important than having it sharp.

For hyperopia and stronger myopia there is a better argument for wearing large lenses. I can't really tell how strong anon's is.

Rectangular lenses with no lower frame is exactly my own preference. Combined with narrow arms, you can minimise the portion of your view obstructed by frames... important for driving.

They're also more subtle. When you wear thick frames, they completely define your face. Personally I view glasses as an important tool and not a fashion statement, so it's functionality first and subtlety second. Other people like to embrace it and go with in-your-face frames which is okay too.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161207-163959.png (239KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161207-163959.png
239KB, 1080x1920px
>>12028846
>>12028157
Interesting. I'll try and find a store that has similar frames.
Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>12028846
>>12028218

I think I'll go for the buzzcut soon, so thanks for the tipp, I'll do that! Unfortunately I have a pretty shitty jawline, I made a thread here three month ago, where I shaved my beard completely and uploaded pictures and we all came to the conclusion that my beard has a neckbeard vibe, but is still better then my jawline.
The Piercing is an occasional thing, I got it some years ago and stretched it so far that it won't grow back together so I can wear the piercing whenever I feel like it, but again thanks for your opinion, I'll think about wearing it less often!

As I am actually german, engineers are wearing those rectangular glasses without rims in my imagination, but I guess you mean something like the glasses in the lower left corner of this post:
>>12026737 ?
>>
>>12026962
I've been wearing thin rectangles ever since I've had glasses (about 11 years, my prescription doesn't change much so I've had these ones for 3 years) and never had a problem with the lens size. I really do want to update my glasses, however, as I've been told my current frames are like 6 years out if date.
>>12026970
How so? I'm asking for specifics so I don't repeat the same mistake(s).
>>
>>12029029
I think what he meant by "German engineer" was wireframe circles.
>>
>>12029056
>wireframe circles
like those Harry Potter glasses?
>>
>>12029061
Yeah, just not in black. Get them in silver, maybe gold if you can pull it off.
>>
>>12029029
>>12029056
>>12029061
>>12029142
Yeah, possibly something like pic related, but thick plastic circles could also work really well. Your features are light and subtle enough that it wouldn't clash too much.

And as for the beard, at least keep it under control. You only need a bit more than stubble to add contrast to your jawline. The beard you have now reminds me of that Jimmy neutron guy that gets posted here all the time.

Like I said, you have a lot of potential to look very good. You're not ugly, we just have to unJUST you a little more.
>>
websites for frames?

going to a store is a fucking scam since they are all owned by one company and I don't want to pay like 200 for frames I can get for like 70 online but I don't know any of the effay websites anymore for frames
>>
>>12029463
the manufacturers are also owned by the same company you retard, it is not cheaper online unless you're buying 10 dollar chink shit overpriced to look like a good deal on a genuine product
>>
>>12028846
>without looking like a beta push over
I like that. Thanks.
>>
>>12029488
>>12029463
Eyebuydirect has a lot of decent frames for pretty cheap. I'm >>12026737 and I got the top pair for $30 and the bottom for $70. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with the quality, the only issue I had was that they screwed up my prescription on the bottom pair and I had to wait a couple more weeks to get them.
I'm not saying it's top of the line luxury stuff, but it's pretty great for what you pay and they have a decent selection if you look hard enough.
>>
>>12029142
>>12029251
alright, thank you guys!
>>
no fuck off
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.