[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the dos and don'ts of chelsea boots? In terms of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: boot.png (43KB, 260x198px) Image search: [Google]
boot.png
43KB, 260x198px
What are the dos and don'ts of chelsea boots? In terms of pant/jean style, how the cuffs sit, etc...
Specifically for someone who's new to them but wants to invest in a pair.
>>
>>12020476
been thinking of getting some. They look best on skinny people
>>
>>12020476
They're pretty versatile, you can do just about anything with them. The trick is that because they tend to be low profile and a smooth silhouette, to match that with pants that aren't too baggy. Pants can be any material and will tend to lead to vcertain fits depending which you use. Cuffing and non cuffing is fine depending on how much you want the chelsea to show off.
but that's my opinion
>>
>>12020476
wear skinny jeans and dgaf
>>
I really like the way Chelsea boots look but I'm kind of starting to get away from skinny pants and it does seem that they aren't great for looser pants. The only way I could see it working is if they were cuffed above the ankle of the boots but that could just look odd too
>>
>>12020508
chelseas work on more form fitting pants, doesn't have to be skinny, even just a slim fit works well. If it's a slim fit then they just kinda bundle up on the boot. If you get fucking boot cut bootlegger inner tube jeans than chelseas will look like a garbage pile on fire
>>
>>12020508
just google image chelsea boots with jeans.
you dont need to be wearing skin tight jeans for them to look good.
>>
>>12020476
Anyone here have blundstones? Thinking of getting a pair
>>
avoid skinny jeans like the plague or you will look like a millennial
>>
>>12020514
Yeah but I also hate stacks. I like my pants to basically be floating above my shoes lol. I think the main problem with Chelseas and pants with leg openings larger than the ankle is that the boot opening is kind of wide so the pants get caught on it. I'm not saying they HAVE to be with skinnies but I think it's easier to wear them with slimmer pants. I'm talking like levis 501s maybe slightly tapered when describing my ideal pant fit
>>
>>12020834
>I'm talking like levis 501s maybe slightly tapered when describing my ideal pant fit
definitely dont get chelseas
>>
File: skinny-jeans-boot.jpg (56KB, 963x600px) Image search: [Google]
skinny-jeans-boot.jpg
56KB, 963x600px
What's your opinion on guys cuffing their jeans above the chelsea boot like this?
I hate it and I hate how some of my friends do this. Looks stupid when the whole shoe and a part of your leg is exposed.
I mean, isn't the point of the chelsea boot to be a boot that easily goes under your trouser legs without having bootcut jeans?
>>
>>12021033
That does look terrible, the pull tab should never be visible, much less the leg. I think the point of the chelsea though is to have boots that allows one to avoid the hassle of laces in taking them on and off. I don't see how exactly lace up boots make it harder to have your jeans go over them, never was an issue as my jeans do not defy gravity.
>>
>>12021063
>I think the point of the chelsea though is to have boots that allows one to avoid the hassle of laces in taking them on and off.
Oh, I didn't even think of it. That's probably right.
>I don't see how exactly lace up boots make it harder to have your jeans go over them
I meant that boots that are higher (cowboy boots/ biker boots) show through skinnier jeans and that's why you need bootcut jeans that have a wider leg to go over them nicely.
When the boot is low, like a chelsea boot or other ankle boots, there is no need for bootcut.
That's what I always thought chelsea boots were for. Didn't even think of the ease of use that chelsea boots offer.
But as I said, you're probably right.
>>
What are some good Chelseas for less than $100? No $50 ASOS shit.
>>
>>12021200
Oh, I misunderstood what you said then, that is a good point as well.
>>12021207
There really aren't any good ones at that price point. With boots but also chelseas in particular you tend to get what you pay for. It might depend on your definition of good though as you could find a boot that looks fine but I wouldn't expect much durability out of it. I think it's much better to save up for a nice pair which can be found at even just $200 because it will most likely last you longer than twice as much as a boot half that price. The bang for buck is much higher so you save money in the long run. Another factor against that though is if this is your first time getting into chelseas and you're not sure if you want to commit to the style or not. That could warrant a cheaper boot.
>>
>>12021292
Yes, it's my first time buying this style, but I don't want a shoe so cheap that it'll hurt my feet. any recs?
>>
File: JPG_2282.jpg (341KB, 1366x2048px) Image search: [Google]
JPG_2282.jpg
341KB, 1366x2048px
>>12021309
for the love of god, do not buy shitty footwear

there is NOTHING in mens fashion right now more disgusting than cheap chelsea boots.

>>12021033
cuffing with chelseas and side zips is utterly retarded.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.