[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you call and how was you you describe this type of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Bulgakov1910s-1.jpg (1MB, 1006x1363px) Image search: [Google]
Bulgakov1910s-1.jpg
1MB, 1006x1363px
What would you call and how was you you describe this type of suit jacket and shirt? Where would you go to buy something like this of good quality in the British Isles? Abercrombie?
>>
>>12000259

Wide peak lapel suit, some kind of fabric, can't tell, club collar shirt

I don't know fuckin google it dickwad
>>
>>12001207

Whoops meant wide notched lapel
>>
>>12000259
He's wearing a three piece suit in a fairly heavy wool, the roll of the lapels suggests a mid-weight tweed. It's impossible to judge exactly due to the grain on the pic though.
If you want to buy a good quality dark tweed suit in the British Isles there are tons of places you can buy, I'd look for vintage first as it's the best price for the quality.

However if you go to Abercrombie ever for any reason you deserve what will happen to you.

The shirt as noted is a club collar shirt, it seems to have a pleated shirtfront but that's extremely rare to nonexistent in daywear nowadays and I suggest that you don't ape this aspect. Club collars per se are easy to get though.
>>
>>12001237
Thanks for the reply, and I appreciate the detail and honesty of your answer. If you'll permit one more question of me, are there any shops in particular you've had good experiences buying vintage clothes in? I live in Ireland and my city has one second hand vintage shop, but it's more hippie-oriented and doesn't contain clothes in classical modern styles, and getting a good fit is a problem as well - there's always something, and there are no alternative fits to try. A website would be better again.
>>
>>12001577
I'm afraid the best vintage shops are all in London -- Hornets and David Saxby are the best ones I know of, especially for tweeds and the like. In Ireland I would maybe try to look for someone local who makes Donegal tweed suits -- it all depends on how much you have to spend, really. Hornets does have a webshop as well, but IMO, it's not too good.

If you know how to spot garbage you can get some good vintage tweed off ebay as well. I think there are one or two dedicated sellers of nothing but vintage tweed jackets and suits. In general though, buying online's always iffy. You want to try on the suit, always, even if it's nominally the right size. So many things can be wonky about the fit of a suit that you can't just go by the chest measurement and the length.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.