[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I get a quality straight razor /fa/? I want to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: razor.jpg (73KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
razor.jpg
73KB, 960x640px
Where can I get a quality straight razor /fa/? I want to get one and an willing to spend a fair amount on one that will last a long time.
>>
Japan.
And they are maymays.
>>
>>11989082
I own the one you posted (hart steel colab with basecampX) and it's pretty solid.
You need to know how to work a wetstone and a strop to keep it in working order (not to mention knowing how to work the straight razor itself which requires some time).
Definitely more effay than gaudy plastic disposable Gillette shit.
I shave about twice a week so the 15 min shave ritual doesn't take too much away and I've learned a thing or two about maintaining leather and quality blades.
>>
>>11989082
straightrazordesigns
>>
>owning a meme
Just get a double edged safety razor. Load in a new blade periodically and shave like an adult should.
>>
>>11989316
I shave daily with a gold dollar 208. Takes about 7 minutes. Really wouldn't recommend sending the thing out for honing and instead learning the scienceofsharp method which has been published for about a year for honing (1k bevel set, 4k hone, flitz-pasted denim, 0.5 micron diamond pasted leather, regular strop) since if you have others do it it will not only cost you more eventually (scienceofsharp equipment costs roughly £30) but your shaves will be pretty shitty from 1 month (daily) to whenever you get it honed compared to touching it up yourself.

I'd also recommend the gold dollar as a first razor just because they're cheap enough that you can learn what you're doing on it but also functionally shave as well as any other. I have 4 gold dollars honed up and rotate them.

It's not really that practical (though once you've learned it it's pretty reasonable) but you might enjoy it.
>>
>>11989804
this tbhfam
>>
>>11989082
Do what I did and buy a cheap straight razor that has replaceable blades first. I didn't mind the process of putting a sharp blade to my throat every morning (except when hung the fuck over) and so I graduated to a proper straight. I gave it to a friend who was interested and he fucking hated it. Always had massive, bleeding cuts- the kind of shit that doesn't stop gushing after some toilet paper. He gave up on that shit.
>>
>>11989804
Why is it a meme?
>>
>>11991903
The artisanal-everything crowd fucked it up for us
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.