[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brand identity/Brand ethos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: Bakgrund.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bakgrund.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Want to spark some actual discussion on this board. What Designers or brands ethos Do you identify with the most and why?

Is there any brand that you could 100% only dress in for the rest of your life?

The only brand that I feel 100% this way about is Our legacy. The brand fill in the niche of making borderline ugly normal clothes something i have learned to really appreciate with the rise of "cool" streetwear in brands such as off white and Fear of God. This as my way to distance myself from "fashion kids" who just wear what is trendy and cool
Also what do you think about the impact social media platforms like instagram and tumblr has had on fashion as hobby or lifestyle? it makes me sad to see designers like Raf and Gosha only get recognition for an Adidas collab shoe and T-shirts when there is much more depth in their work. Also the thing that I dislike the most about It is that they have led to simple copy paste styling and mindless trend following (Kanye west and vetements are the first that come to mind) Where brand recognition comes before aesthetical value and turns aesthetical value and personal style into a secondary reason. I think Johnny Johansson the CD of acne expresses it really well " I liked Prince, and I like the way he dressed and he’s been inspiring obviously, but I think there’s something else going on at the moment in these last ten years. It’s been more about branding than anything else. Like if I see Rihanna for instance, you know, it’s just the latest brand. There’s no expression"

Pic unrelated
>>
File: hqyet4B.jpg (379KB, 1080x1620px) Image search: [Google]
hqyet4B.jpg
379KB, 1080x1620px
Not even memeing. I love both his philosophy and the fact that despite the looks his clothes are extremely easy to wear.
>>
>>11977119
It would be nanamica, very functional and not too causual at the same time plus it doesn't look like they are pushing any ideology, very chill
>>
>>11977135
<OP i can relate as i am a HUGE fan of rick owens but feel kind of discouraged cause i dont really see how you can make one or two rick pieces work with a normal wardrobe as most of his clothes look best worn with full rick/ julius/ damir doma and other designers who take the same approach to clothing as he does.
>>11977143
Great pick i really like the choice of a functional brand if you are going for a brand to ONLY wear in the future
>>
Zanerobe. Clean urban styling, with good quality builds and nice fabrics with features that make basic clothing items interesting.
>>
>>11977230
also fucking affordable relative to other shit
>>
>>11977230
I understand your reasoning but falls into the "instragam fashion" category for me
>>
>>11977119
patrik ervell
guess why
>>
>>11977119
>Is there any brand that you could 100% only dress in for the rest of your life?
Cav empt - Uses pictures on their clothes while still having different silhouettes and interesting designs. Pictures used dont explicitly reference things, the references they do have are very, very obscure, the sort of people to pick up on them would be over the age of 40
Cyderhouse - As above, but more stripped down. Less pictures used
Issey Miyake Men - As above, pictures are more photographs and less graphic design. More focus on shirts, formalwear etc
Uniqlo - 'Fast fashion' done right in that they provide basics that can be used as an entire wardrobe on their own, or to provide the foundations for more complex wardrobes

>Also what do you think about the impact social media platforms like instagram and tumblr has had on fashion as hobby or lifestyle?
Hugely damaging to creativity and individuality while enabling brands that previously would have had little success to become well known and successful. However, the items that are focused on in social media are always the same handful, so you achieve a very strong but narrow focus.
>>
File: tumblr_oc4xrw7X321vb7qqlo1_1280.jpg (656KB, 864x576px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oc4xrw7X321vb7qqlo1_1280.jpg
656KB, 864x576px
RRL

The throwback to heritage workwear and Americana is an aesthetic that I greatly admire. Although most of their garments are outsourced and fairly overpriced, RRL is by far the best clothier for this particular niche: even more so than Filson in my opinion, in that it is at a crux of utility and (often absurd) fashion. The quality in stitching and attention to detail is immaculate, and their tailor-fit garments are actually slim-fitting. Plus, I overly romanticize the 19th Century western frontier, and do a lot of backpacking & extended solo outdoor trips
>>
File: Pants.png (630KB, 500x752px) Image search: [Google]
Pants.png
630KB, 500x752px
>>11977288
I really like cav empt as a brand but it has fallen into the pit of instagram fashion which i avoid like the pest. Also checked out Cyderhouse and these pants are beautiful
>>
File: kap.jpg (132KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
kap.jpg
132KB, 500x500px
>>11977119

>Want to spark some actual discussion on this board. What Designers or brands ethos Do you identify with the most and why?

I will probably get shit on for this, but Honma Masaaki of Mastermind Japan (at least up until his first 10 seasons, and from the look of it, this 20th season as well). Mainly because of his attention to detail and want to pass it on. For instance, if you look at the tags on MMJ pieces, it actually tells you the materials and where they came from. He takes/took pride in every piece he did, and wanted the consumer to feel the same. He made ultra limited runs because of the amount of effort they took to make (such as Swarovski stitched shirts) as opposed to just raise demand a la Vetements.

>Is there any brand that you could 100% only dress in for the rest of your life?

No, but if I had to choose just one it would be far and above be Kaptial. I love the idea/look/feel of fabric and textures, and there other brands that do it well (RRL, Visvim, Junya, etc.), but the way Kapital incorporates it so fluidly, and the brand still has a light hearted feel (and not a lack of different colors) even with its pricepoint, which is very unusual. It's in my opinion one of the few literal lifestyle brands.

>Also what do you think about the impact social media platforms like instagram and tumblr has had on fashion as hobby or lifestyle?

It's definitely grown the population of the hobby, but at the same time, and if this sounds edgy I apologize, most people will always be only consumers/feed into what's shown to them. Back in 'the day', if one wanted to learn about fashion, they would have to search for it, read articles or magazine, or navigate terrible websites for unknown stockists and such. Now, everyone has access to everything, but even so, that won't push the masses to learn anything more than what they're shown. I've found people who I love having conversations about fashion with, who know absolutely fuck all about anything outside of
>>
>>11977482
their sphere of influence, although they are always welcome to learn, which is great. So I believe if you want to actually meet people who are as interested as you are, you more than likely will have to go out and find them yourself. Although /fa/ has always been a decent safe haven as far as what I've seen.

>>11977349
>>11977288

These are also great posts btw.

The threads kind of dead, but I'll check back later if you wanna discuss anything further.
>>
Op here posted thread in a super bad time since im going to be now but i hope thread wont be 100% dead when i wake up. godspeed friends
>>
Iron Heart by far. If you're familiar with the brand you'll know why.
>>
>>11977501

gonna bump once for OP
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.