[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the most /fa/ languages to speak? My native language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: language.jpg (456KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
language.jpg
456KB, 1440x1440px
What are the most /fa/ languages to speak?
My native language is English and we also spoke German in my house. I spent 5 years learning Spanish as a teenager and from most people I've talked to they say I'm pretty good. My wife is also from South Korea so I've learned a good deal of that to communicate with her family and have lived there for a while.
So is speaking:
>English
>German
>Spanish
>Korean
/fa/?
Going to start learning Russian soon as well.
>>
French
>>
>>11974208
franch and german. maybe russian. why you speak german at home?
>>
>>11974274
Grandmother is from Germany, also my parents lived there for about 10 years and my sister was born there and lived her first few years there.
>>
English is the only /fa/ language fucking brown faggots
>>
>>11974208
Latin and biblical english
>>
I DETEST FRENCH; IT IS OVERLY VERBOSE, AND IT IS RIDDEN BY SUPERFLUOUS SIGNS, AND PHONEMES; IT IS THE WORST ROMANCE LANGUAGE.
>>
>>11974208
English, Italian, German, Spanish, 2 dialects, basic Russian
>>
>>11974669
Do you even speak French, you pleb?
>>
Svenska :-)
>>
>>11974683
oui, francais est ma langue maternelle
>>
swahili
>>
>>11974669
I personally like the fricatives, and natural speakers have an air of nonchalance i find appealing.
>>
pretty much already what's been brought up:
french, german, russian
i kinda agree on spanish and korean. only specific types of english.
nobody's said it yet surprisingly but i'll say japanese
i'd add mandarin to the list too
i'm southern gook who barely speaks and understands my family's cantonese variant so there's no bias here. i don't know shit about any of the languages i've listed besides no shit english and a dick's lick of jap.
>>
File: Levitan_nad_vech_pok28.jpg (385KB, 2000x1434px) Image search: [Google]
Levitan_nad_vech_pok28.jpg
385KB, 2000x1434px
>>11974709
Bы гoвopитe пo-pyccки?
>>
>>11974735
give me a few, i'll be able to read that after a bit more vodka.
>>
>>11974735
Learning russian has been on my to do list for a while now. With all the political goings on i feel it would be apropos.
>>
>>11974775
since you're looking to, you got any idea on what the best route is to learning languages? im this dude >>11974709 and i've kinda dipped an independent toe into french and korean along with what little i've retained from public education on japanese. took those inital steps but never really got into it. also interested in russian as well as german
>>
>>11974208
English and Russian
>>
File: korin_alexey_barge_haulers_1897.jpg (496KB, 2660x1250px) Image search: [Google]
korin_alexey_barge_haulers_1897.jpg
496KB, 2660x1250px
>>11974809
I can only speak for Russian as its the most I know

Essentials
>https://www.amazon.com/New-Penguin-Russian-Course-Beginners/dp/0140120416
>Professional Lessons
>Practice with natives
The Penguin course is one of the best walk through of Russian. Its very linear and good for very basic - intermediate grasp on the language.

For the Professional lessons, many say they're not necessary but I argue that point. There is much insight that a native teacher can give to you that you will never get out of a book or duolingo/youtube.

Speaking with natives is for retention. You MUST speak daily, or you will lose it. Yes, you can skip every now and again but its paramount you don't stop for more than 3 three days, or you will most likely give up.

Russian is one of the most difficult languages to learn, only a bit easier than Chinese. How the culture, literature and prominence in the world makes the journey worth it, and its a beautiful language you will very soon learn.

Good luck, Зa здopoвьe!
>>
>>11974821
Forgot to add

>https://discord.gg/014quvlYWfCaEDD19

this is the Russian discord server for /r/russian

>inb4 reddit

There are plenty natives there who are very helpful and active which you can speak with. Its not limited to the language either, you can speak your mind and just ask questions you have about Russia and Russian culture.
>>
>>11974821
>>11974823
cheers tovarisch
>>
File: 001.jpg (88KB, 672x489px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
88KB, 672x489px
>>11974208
gàidhlig
>>
>>11974809
duolingo is pretty good if you have a smartphone, i used it to learn spanish and understand some of the people i work with. it's best for just getting some basics down though
>>11974821 has it right, talking with people who speak that language natively is the best way to learn a language yourself, they can correct you on the spot and you get a better feel for the mannerisms
>>
french
swedish
danish
>>
>>11974208
Portuguese.
>>11976409
What is /fa/ about Swedish and Danish?
>>
>>11976420
Well whats /fa/ about Portuguese?
Every time I hear someone speaking Portuguese they just sound so angry, its an aggressive language imo, not a delicate /fa/ one or romantic in the slightest
>>
>>11976663
>Every time I hear someone speaking Portuguese they just sound so angry
That's because you're listening to an angry person
>its an aggressive language imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJj6JS7XLZY really?
>>
>>11976686
Alright cheers for the video lad but I was talking about actual Portuguese, not Brazilian Portuguese
They have completely different pronunciations and use a different vocabulary
Actual Portuguese itself sounds harsh on the ears in comparison to what you linked
>>
>>11976701
or you mean European Portuguese? I was talking about the more common Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese. They have a very different pronunciation but the vocabulary is very similar kinda like British and American English. I agree that European Portuguese doesn't sound very great
>>
Suomi perkele vitun paska :-DDD
>>
>>11976726
no.
>>
File: chopin1-776x1024.jpg (94KB, 776x1024px) Image search: [Google]
chopin1-776x1024.jpg
94KB, 776x1024px
Polish
>>
>>11976800
what's effay about Polish? Honestly famelam
>>
>>11974694
r u from quebec
>>
I only speak Russian and English but I'm learning German and have been learning Spanish for a few years. Russian is one hard language to learn, but it's not impossible
>>
>>11974208
Australian English
>>
>>11976818
difficult to learn, slavic, hard pronouncation
>>
>English
>Japanese
>Italian

/thread
>>
>>11976409
lol as a Swedish speaker there is nothing effay about scandinavian languages
>>
>>11976830
I've been doing Russian on duolingo for a while, I'm holding until next year when i can take it at uni
>>
>>11974669
>Implying anyone cares what tripfags think
>>
>>11974208
It's not about which languages you speak, it's about how many.

Also make sure you speak at least two real languages for each east asain moonspeak language.
>>
>>11974208
Danish
Swedish
Norwegian
English
German
and soon spanish
>>
Bивчaйтe yкpaїнcькy мoвy
>>
French
All scandinavian languages
All slavic languages except Polish

and interestingly enough, i find certain arabic dialects very nice sounding
>>
Portuguese (the way people from Cape Verde speak it)

Afrikaans

Spanish (the way Cubans speak it)

English (like 007)

English (like Dixie folk)
>>
>>11978904
and the way Venezuelans speak Spanish too.
>>
>>11978673
Danish Swedish and Norwegian are uneffay as fuck. The people speaking it might be effay but the languages itselves are uneffay af
>>11978773
Why?
>>
German, French, Russian.
English is also very /fa/ if you don't stutter like a moron.
>>
>>11974709
mandarin is pretty ugly unless you're a smol delicate qt
>>
>>11976800
memey
>>
The most effay language to speak is Icelandic. Deal with it haters!
>>
>English
>Greek
>Italian
>French(understanding of)
>Latin(lol)
>>
Catalan is the best language
>>
>>11979677
t. Catalanese sepetarist scum
>>11979656
why greek?
>>
>>11979679
I Greek therefore I am
>>
>>11979687
yeah
>>
>>11974208
this is what is wrong with fa. However the only language worth speaking is english.
>>
>>11976420
portuguese is shit, thats why most of them speak spanish as well
>>
>>11979761
how is this possible what is wrong with /fa/?
>>
>>11974208

English, Spanish, and Russian are the only non-meme European languages.
>>
>>11974823
is there a chan russian discord
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.