[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What sort of coat is this and what manufacturers should I check

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

What sort of coat is this and what manufacturers should I check out for one? In particular I'm looking for a men's and probably in beige. I feel like I saw a good amount of them during a stop in a German airport, but never in burgerland.

None of my local stores seem to have anything of the sort, so I guess I should be looking online.
>>
>>11961122
duffle
any old bong brand
>>
File: duffle coat.jpg (29KB, 220x391px) Image search: [Google]
duffle coat.jpg
29KB, 220x391px
>>11961122
Don't get white, these jackets are made to absorb shit. Duffles are really nice though, they're different without being try hard, so they look good on most people.
>>
File: 1477373737416.png (464KB, 667x750px) Image search: [Google]
1477373737416.png
464KB, 667x750px
>>11961132
I know no brands.

I'm pretty much an outsider, and so far it feels like shopping for clothes as a guy is like being stuck in a game with really poor customization options. This is one of the few cool things I've seen that looks acceptable in public.

At least I know it's called a duffle coat now, thanks famalam.
>>
>>11961210
gloverall
barbour
mhl
MAKE SURE IT IS MADE IN THE U.K
>>
>>11961217
Thanks for the recommendations but HEAVENS TO BETSY

Is this stuff supposed to be well above $300? Some of these are more than a thousand. How long are these supposed to last anyway? I didn't even expect to pay more than $150, if even that.
>>
>>11961275
Buy second hand and like a car or computer you do not want to cheap out on something you need in your life.
Think of it as an investment and eventual heirloom as you will own said jacket for your entire life.
There are cheaper alternatives as well, maybe go on eBay and find a vintage one which you know some old guy had hand made for him but his dickhead kids threw it on eBay for $20 to buy weed now he'a dead then get it tailored for you?
Be smart.
Try grailed.com as well
>>
>>11961283
Actually, you just put it in a really good way there. I guess I've never owned a piece of clothing for that long, since I've only stopped growing a few years ago, or at least slowed to a crawl.

Seeing some decent deals on vintage ones, which is a pleasant surprise, even some of those Gloverall ones. Grailed not turning up much in particular, but thanks for that suggestion as well.
>>
>>11961294
Vintage ones are usually a steal due to them being a classic item which means it's more likely to have been handcrafted out of real materials instead of mass produced by kids who's hands are bleeding due to the crystallised tears of angry synthetic sheep being embedded in faux shearling.
Only downside is they won't have a modern fit but if you get one that fits you in the shoulders and sleeve length you can spend a couple hundred bucks getting it taken in and slimming the sleeves.
Shit if its unbranded sew in your surname and give it to your kid so he can get bullied for wearing it when he's younger because you insist on making him wear it because it was cool when you were 20 as he'll soon shed the bad memories and wear it once he matures
>>
>>11961312
>modern fit
What even is that? It's not like we've physically evolved in the past few decades, is it?
>>
>>11961585
More fitted, less boxy etc
Don't be stupid
>>
>>11961593
Ah, I misunderstood. Pardon my ignorance.
>>
File: 300.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
If you get a white wool coat, buy one of these brushes and brush your coat often. Otherwise it goes from white to gray, and the longer you wait, the harder it will be to get the dark fibers out.

Also, but 100% wool, don't buy shitty coats that's part polyester
>>
File: 49539178_p0.jpg (633KB, 700x1344px) Image search: [Google]
49539178_p0.jpg
633KB, 700x1344px
OP please make sure you don't do the fedora thing of owning a long/thick coat that you wear with cargo shorts/pants, autism sneakers and graphic video game tshirts. Assuming you're new to /fa/ and live in the US, go and overhaul your warddrobe at Uniqlo. Don't buy a coat at Uniqlo though.
>>
>>11961629
Well I don't like graphic tees (I pretty much always wear a polo), nor sneakers, but I kinda like cargo pants. The four big pockets feel necessary to me. Am I still in bad shape?

I do own dress pants, one pair's even fitted, but never found them too comfortable. Jeans never ever, hate 'em.
>>
>>11961688
Cargo pants probably look awkward with a polo unless you're at least somewhat muscular. In general, they'll probably look awkward if they're not a slim cut. What's your height, weight and build (Skinnyfat, muscular etc)? I mean this sincerely, maybe post a picture of your legs wearing cargos.
>>
>>11961701
Height 6'2, weight varies between 141-150 for the last six years, haven't checked in a few months, but yeah pretty scrawny. Thin arms, thin torso, somewhat average legs. Cargo pants look baggy on me, but that's what I figured the point was. I wear a belt with them to keep them at the waist though.

Can't get a good picture of them at the moment, outside and no mirror around.
>>
>>11961727
That's fine. I'd look into some slimmer ones assuming you still find them comfortable. If you see a techwear thread make use of it but alternatively check ebay for used Maharishi, and grailed in general. Sputnik1985 also has some cargos on sale at the moment but I can't remember if they're slim or not. I suppose having baggy cargo pants looks acceptable if you're dressing like a paramilitary soldier but you sound too thin for that.
>>
>>11961765
I will look, actually. It hit me that really baggy pants probably wouldn't work well with one. Especially not since mine are the same color as the coat I'm going for.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.