[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who here is denim-core?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

who here is denim-core?
>>
The right side of the image (lol they should have reversed it) is counter-culture, now.

Trump won. What's depicted on the right side of that image is no longer the mainstream. Hence, it really is the left side of that image that most closely aligns with "normies."
>>
>>11953045
>popular culture changes overnight
???
>>
i like how 4channers are experts on third wave feminism because they learned all about it on 4chan
>>
>>11953047
No, the election showed that there is a deep, large, red underbelly of America. The "loud SJWs" that /pol/ so complains about clearly didn't have the power over culture that was attributed to them.
>>
>>11953021
>willing to lend a helping hand
To whom? I don't think the creator of that image wishes to help anyone.
>>
>>11953055
This was obvious to anyone who actually went outside instead of getting their snapshot of modern culture from a Bosnian small arms assembly forum.
>>
>>11953055
I don't think there are large swathes of staunch conservatives, I just don't think the other option was appealing to those people.
>>
>>11953064
Elements of the left (e.g. these "loud SJWs") alienated people. I hope the left can learn from this.
>>
lumbersexual died years ago you dumb fuck

the new tumblr girl trend is 'arthoe' aka kanken backpacks and clear framed glasses

anyways tumblr fashion and normal person fashion have merged so much in the past few years that its impossible to tell with a single glance besides looking for facial piercings, colored hair, and backpack pins
>>
>>11953074
but there's no left wing in america anon
>>
>>11953045
culture isn't defined by a slight electoral majority
it lies in the hands of a few (overwhelmingly jewish, homosexual) gatekeepers

kids on college campuses aren't going to start looking rough and tumble just because there's a new president
>>
>>11953138
Do you even know what culture is? It is certainly defined by a majority.

Also, this election showed that the media (your supposed "gatekeepers") has little influence over stuff.

Finally, kids on college campuses dress like neither of those sides. They dress in sweatpants and Vans. It's probably close to the left side of that image, anyway.
>>
>>11953230
It really, really isn't

The image I have of your country and the image you have of my country are not representative of the average person who lives in either
>>
>>11953243
By definition, culture is the arts, ideals, and customs of an amalgamate society. The culture makers may be few and influential, but that does not discredit the fact the the culture is defined by the majority.
>>
>>11953021
I hope the new age of modern men will be masculine and conservative, yet still value liberty and critical thought. I feel like the far left and right are both whingey poofs who only value their tribal identities and dogmatic ideals.
>>
>>11953270
I hope the modern man of the new age will be able to dress however the fuck he wants. This is a subset of valuing liberty and critical thought.
>>
>>11953230
>Also, this election showed that the media (your supposed "gatekeepers") has little influence over stuff
are you legitimately retarded? you think the media didn't help Trump? He had celebrity status even before the elections

the media plays a major role in how people behave and that'll never change
>>
>>11953282
The fashion NKVD literally don't exist.
>>
>>11953313
The media definitely helped Trump, but they certainly didn't mean to for political reasons. They painted him as a joke, and made a killing in views by doing so. If they had any sort of political leaning, then all that flew out the window in the face of short-sightedness and profits.

If anything, the media's portrayal of Trump should have been perceived by the average American as negative. But, the average American clearly thought otherwise.
>>
>>11953328
They do in a figurative sense.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>11953353
So you feel that you should police people for policing others? Where's the liberty in poliception?
>>
>>11953443
daddy tho
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.