[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Voice training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

lets go into lesser explored territory that will complement the mission of /fa

how do we train our voices for clarity, confidence, pronounciation or even projection

and eliminate quirks and odd phrasing

better yet, dealing with accents, or lack of one if you really want to try to adapt one
>>
I've never thought about it before. Can voices be /fa/?
>>
File: 1475830307736.jpg (93KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1475830307736.jpg
93KB, 500x750px
>>11952794
I think its about /not/ sounding like a fucking nerd.

Like, if you dress yourself up real nice, but if you sound like a fucking stuttering Peter Griffin, then there really isnt a point in dressing yourself up in the first place.
>>
I feel like a lot of people think poorly of me because of how I speak, im fairly shy and take time to put thought in my words but they usually just think im slow. This in combination with having abused pills for an extended period of time makes me slur or teeter off rhythm mid sentence. I don't want to sound brain dead when having a conversation anymore. :(
>>
>>11952817
practice
>>
>tfw disease made it so I can only properly speak when shouting, if I try talk at a normal volume then nothing or some pitiful squeaks come out. Sometimes even if I shout nothing comes out if I don't clear my throat.
>tfw someone says hi to me and I can't say hi back.
>>
>>11952817

quirky speech patterns often add rich individuality

you can make that work to your advantage, anon

it's kind of impossible to offer specifics w/out knowing you personally, however
>>
fucking go outside and talk to people

you get better at it the more you do it
>>
I'm really conscious about my Canadian accent and I've altered it in a subtle way that I can't really explain. I find the Canadian accent so dorky, but if I changed it too much I would sound autistic.
>>
>>11952794
Listen to Vin desil and tell me you wouldn't want to sound like him.
>>
As a Midwesterner, I am proud to say that I am pretty close to accentless. As in I speak like the news reporters do on American TV
>>
Why not join the nearest Toastmasters in your area?
>>
>black with a well spoken British accent
>People think I'm gay
Well at least the white girls wanna get on it
>>
>>11954068
Delusional nigger detected.
White people think you're insecure enough to speak like them.
Black people think you're disowning your own culture.

Kys senpai :^)
>>
I've got this pretty deep kinda gravelly voice and look like 14 year old twink, how do I fix this? Do I need to?
>>
>tfw you sometimes have a high pitch twink voice and a low respectable voice
>>
>>11952544
These threads NEED to stop.
You're only making already insecure teens even more insecure.
If you try this hard at being fashionable you are already doomed.
>>
>>11953406
>As a Midwesterner, I am proud to say that I am pretty close to accentless
you also think the world is flat right
>>
Do some community theatre

Nowhere else will you hear so much about Diction or Volume every second of every rehearsal
>>
>>11952544
just do nofap, plenty of reports of people having a cleaer deeper voice after a few weeks of nofap
>>
>>11954084
Wow you know so much
>>
>>11954219
this
/fa/ has become insecurity the board because of stupid threads like this
>>
>>11953325
Not necessarily. It would help, but you also don't need to.

I'm taking voice classes at my college, right now. It's really fun, but apparently, I don't have that much to correct when it comes to talking other than speed. Classmates love my voice, and what not.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.