[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Streetwear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12

File: Supreme+Logo.png (49KB, 1000x345px) Image search: [Google]
Supreme+Logo.png
49KB, 1000x345px
What about streetwear that /fa/ doesn't like about it? Is it the people that associate themselves with streetwear? Is it the brands?
>>
>>11909346
/fa/ stands for Fashion. When someone thinks of fashion, avant garde fashion pops up in their mind -- not H&M/Uniqlo fits that you see on WAYWT threads.
>>
File: 3tEEDmM.png (689KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3tEEDmM.png
689KB, 720x1080px
>>11909346
Because street wear is actually wearable for teenagers and young adults. Most people on /fa/ are just the typical autists that are found on the other boards. The difference is that these autists want to put money into looking like morons.
>>
>>11909346
Streetwear is based around obnoxiously large, visible, or cache branding, which has, since Helmut Lang in the mid '90's, become the antithesis of designer fashion. Heavy branding is now seen as a mark of poor people buying into a name rather than the design or quality of construction. Labels like Supreme rely on the box logo to sell products to consumers who become walking adverts just to try and show off how much disposable income they have. It's all very silly.
>>
>>11909375
>who become walking adverts
you are kinda missing the point of streetwear
not to mention it's hardly antithesis of designer fahsion and hasn't been so in a long time, the line between 'high fashion' and 'streetwear' has never been as vague as it's now and designers have been mixing the two since early 00s
I don't even wear or particularly like streetwear but your entire post reeks of elitism which is probably the dumbest thing when it comes to fashion
>>
>>11909346
USA/European streetwear (Palace, BAPE to huge extent, Suprememe) is shitty teenager stuff that rides solely on hype.

Japanese streetwear (C.E, Undercover, N. Hollywood, Neighborhood) is GOAT.
>>
>>11909718
>bape
>us/euro
o boi
>>
>>11909747
I had better wirtten "catters to USA/European demographic" which Bape defientely does. UC, C.E, N.H and NE all catter to Japanese crowd and are actually interesting and inventive (Undercover and N.Hollywood can easily be put into high fashion, C.E and Neighborhood are simpler, but all unique and have their own thing going for them).
>>
>>11909718
It's the same shit japanese is just more obscure which gives you cool fashion savvy internet kid points because you can feel superior to your peers by wearing stuff that's regarded as higher by other kids on the internet
>>
>>11909764
So you will tell me Undercover and Neighborhood are shitty?
>>
>>11909718
"i just learned about streetwear". Undercover used to share store space with Nigo's old stuff and C.E. is literally headed by an ex-bape head designer. Bape is in no way a US/Euro brand brand..
>>
>>11909833
What does this post even imply?
>>
>>11909770
I'm telling you japanese streetwear brands aren't any better than western ones
Undercover is designer brand
Neighborhood is another streetwear brand
>>
File: photos (5).jpg (164KB, 800x1102px) Image search: [Google]
photos (5).jpg
164KB, 800x1102px
>>11909867
japanese streetwear isnt literally the japanese version of westernized streetwear
westernized streetwear is a product of mass-media garbage being fed to dilettantes and the like
>muh sheeple meme
thats more or less my argument, theres more to fashion than just being trendy
>>
>>11909875
didn't imply any of that
get of your high horse mate, it's embarrassing
>westernized streetwear is a product of mass-media garbage being fed to dilettantes and the like
oh please
>>
>it's another "is Undercover streetwear" thread
>>
>>11909718

Bape is Japanese Streetwear, you weeb
>>
File: photos (9).jpg (434KB, 1365x1365px) Image search: [Google]
photos (9).jpg
434KB, 1365x1365px
>>11909882
but youre placing them in the same regard when theyre not really the same thing
westernized streetwear is literally hype culture and ostentatious gauche shit with brands people are supposed to immediately recognize and associate with the pricepoint
its not looking at fashion holistically
examples, assc, heavily overpriced hype gildan print hoodies with a very definitive branding and hype marketing
supreme, very recognizable logos, knows their target market so well they can sell bricks and shit to them
off white, need i say more?
is it so pretentious to say westernized streetwear is just garbage
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (48KB, 1886x1398px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
48KB, 1886x1398px
>>11909346
A streetwear thread, haven't seen onme pf those in a while ...
>>
>>11909346
I don't like fuccboi trend monkeys but otherwise it's fine. whatever style there's always ppl doing it wrong. you shouldn't let them define the style.

>>11909375
>Streetwear is based around obnoxiously large, visible, or cache branding
but minimalistic fits are also popular dude
>>
>>11909346
For the most part, it's just brand worship. That's not to say there isn't good or interesting streetwear, but most of what you see on Reddit or wherever else is just boring outfits that pull from basic tropes.
>>
>>11909888
Haha
>>
>>11910441
>>11910449
So if we had threads that didn't shill these brands (BAPE, Supreme, Rip n Dip) it will be OK?
>>
>>11909391

>Streetwear is fashion

lmao ok kid
>>
Because people who are into it think they can just slap any shitty garment they can find on their bodies and pretend it works as an outfit, even though it doesn't. The culture is racist as fuck, too.
>>
>>11910019
they are streetwear
you are just trying to elevate something to be above something else to feel better about yourself
>>
>>11909346
I would say that alot of people on /fa/ dress in streetwear because of it's vague definition. Aside from that the main reason why people don't like typical streetwear is because of the brand hype, and some streetwear types not liking thing that don't fit into the streetwear uniform. For that reason I'd wager that most of /fa/ just likes less trend baseb streetwear.
>>
>>11909358
lol fashion is anything, not just your avant garde bullshit.
>>
File: tumblr_o3wiads5Xj1t4fw54o1_1280.jpg (143KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3wiads5Xj1t4fw54o1_1280.jpg
143KB, 1080x1080px
>>11910549
idk what those threads are like but it doesn't sound good. I don't mind the brands, it's just the people who make wayy too big of a deal of single brands and whatever brand's specific image instead of what you actually can do with the clothes.

A rule against creating threads about a single brand might actually improve the quality of this board. you could instead have one thread for all brand image discussion if ppl want to do that. just a thought.

this would only improve quality by like 2% though
>3 threads about fat ppl rn
>are coloured lenses effay?
I want to fucking die
There are just too many new threads (often about nothing) all the fucking time
There needs to be wayy more /gen/eral threads to have some sort of order
>>
Streetwear has been taken over by a lot of people who have the same items but only few can make them look as good as possible while others have peices and don't have any idea of how an outfit should be put together. Thpeople who don't have any idea of how to put an outfit together make the people that do look bad because they essential are wearing the same item, for example a box logo hoody. You buy one cause you see a rapper wear it cause you think you will look like ur fav rapper but it doesnt work that way. The cringe of reddit lets you see the worst fits which gives people a negative outlook on a bad seeing bad fits, especially since you know those are the type of people that wear it. It is some sort of elitism but
I honestly feel like if you like it and you can rock it, thats you no matter how bad everyone else looks.
>>
>>11910019
>>11910699 >this
Stop trying to think you above all this "westernized" streetwear cause you are into a more "Japanese" style of street wear you fucking fashion hipster.
>>
>>11909718
>hates supreme
>likes undercover

lmfao
>>
File: harry.jpg (376KB, 1152x1536px) Image search: [Google]
harry.jpg
376KB, 1152x1536px
>>11910699
>>11911239
>what is streetwear
streetwear is clothes you wear on the street! haha!
kys my man japanese streetwear isnt just westernized streetwear but in japanese
i said this before and you vehemently denied that you implied this yet clearly you are
>western cartoons are just anime but in english
>theres no possible way that the industries in both are structured differently and produce different content because the US is just japan but with white people amirite
>theres no possible way western streetwear isnt just spoonfed mindlessness from celebrity culture
>>
>>11909375
I 100% agree with this.

Good streetstyle CAN be done, but you have to use nonbranded stuff (Uniqlo/gap/AA/ASOS/APC/gildan) and you can craft decent fits pretty easily.

They will never be as "classic streetstyle" since it is, by definition, shill heaven with the absurd amount of logos.
>>
>>11912047
pic related is spoonfed celebrity culture, omg so bad I can almost see a logo somewhere what horrible design omfg I spit on you white ppl
>>
File: b29.jpg (434KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
b29.jpg
434KB, 1000x1500px
>>11912175
now look at this azn god tier clothing there's a logo and camo how can u deny the gretnes this is grettest desygn FUCk western spoonfed celebrit crapp it has nothing on apes design go to bedd
>>
File: 1474454587890.jpg (690KB, 1265x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1474454587890.jpg
690KB, 1265x1920px
>>11912175
>>11912182
>look at my anecdotal evidence all my points are proven now
>supreme totally dont sell just straight bricks to absolute idiots and design gauche overpriced and stupid shit that would otherwise be ignored if it werent for the name
>bape totally wasnt influenced by pharrell and marketed towards a primarily western market
>>
>>11912175
Too fat lips to be asian. Reee Africans need to stop this cultural appropriation
>>
>>11912175
>>11912182
bape isnt japanese streetwear more than it is a japanese take on western streetwear hence its assimilation into westernized hype culture
stop being such a contrarian goon
>>
>>11912175
>>11912182
>>11911239
>>11910699
>guy gives structured argument
>other guy chimps out and ad hominiems and strawmans thrown around
>anecdote with sarcasm like that was just the be-all end-all
lmao dude back to r/streetwear
>>
File: 1477057770107.png (140KB, 308x351px) Image search: [Google]
1477057770107.png
140KB, 308x351px
>>11912188
>anecdotal evidence is bad
>so here's my anecdotal counter evidence
ok

it's all anecdotal you idiots, because western and jap streetwear is the same thing. if there were actual overarching differences you could just point to them and compare ffs
>>
I dont like to pay 500$ for hoodie that is made in china. Thats why i hate streetwear, most of streetwear brands are h&m quality with 5x price
>>
>>11912225
have you ever browsed through a hypebeast magazine and then a mens-non-no?
ive literally just stated like 3 times the major overarching difference is that western streetwear is the product of hype culture and focuses on fashion non-holistically hence the screenprint box logo hoodies/logo hoodies
>>11910019

using your rhetoric of "they're the same thing because they share similarities" defeats the purpose of defined subcultures
ccp makes oversized fit things
vetements makes oversized fit things
they're the same thing
why not just call everything clothes
>>
>>11912250
no I haven't. are we talking about clothes or magazines? I know I only care about one of those.
yeah you can keep stating that as many times as you want, but it's just a statement. and you're not actually comparing it with anything. just saying "I think this is what western streetwear is" is not an argument for anything at all
>>
>>11911387
>being this delusional
Supreme is trash,undercover is good,Deal with it with subhuman
>>
>>11912332
>hey do u like kanye
>yea
>did u see the magazine "pictures of kanye west" that was cool
>no dude i thought we were talking about kanye i dont care about paper stapled together
wut
>>
>>11912360
who does that though. to most ppl pictures of kanye wouldn't be very relevant to his music.
>>
>>11912393
that wasnt really the point of the analogy
the magazine is a medium in which clothes and the like are expressed in
if you cant enjoy or realise this then how do you enjoy looking at clothes online why dont you just buy everything in shops where you can touch it
im not that guy but that was a bit retarded to say lmao
>>
>>11912401
the analogy is fairly irrelevant to begin with
and im not that guy but that was a bit retarded to say lmao
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.