[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this a meme brand? I have a light jacket and a windbreaker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: the-north-face-logo2.jpg (94KB, 864x432px) Image search: [Google]
the-north-face-logo2.jpg
94KB, 864x432px
is this a meme brand?

I have a light jacket and a windbreaker from them that I really like, they fit well and are pretty simple in terms of looks but I'm wondering if its a meme to wear such a brand.

help me /fa/.
>>
It is. Patagonia is the usually preferred in this board.
>>
Nah vintage tnf a-la 90's expo and purple label are pretty good. Rest is meme
>>
File: 1447716571278.png (26KB, 397x262px) Image search: [Google]
1447716571278.png
26KB, 397x262px
>>11903121
>>11903152
shit, well I guess I'll replace them. Next stop REI
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 209x240px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 209x240px
They make great quality products. The materials they use are great. Forget how much of a meme they are, they produce good shit for their intended purpose. Also, Patagonia and TNF are targetting the same consumer essentially, so one isn't really better than the other, it just depends on what you're looking for really.

If you're looking for "obscure" brands that deliver essentially the same exact shit, try IZOD, or Vintage "Chess King" jackets.
>>
>>11904169
Eddie Bauer too
>>
>>11903105
It is, but that doesn't mean it isn't good.
>>11903121
tNF is objectively better than Patapong. tNF is much more forward facing in terms of the textiles and construction they use for their products. Pata is still riding on it's old successes and it's quiant, eco friendly, outdoorsy brand image. Their jackets still tend to be boxy, and they aren't any cheaper than tNF. And because tnf is as big a brand as it is, it's easier to find discounts and stores that carry their products. I prefer arcteryx, but tnf is totally fine. they make good back packs as well
>>11903166
Shit, give them to me bro. If you ditch the stuff, though, just know you're getting meme'd on by 4chan's contrarian if-it's-popular-it-can't-be-good meme
>>
>>11904169
why would you recommend izod? that's like a jcpenny/low end macy's brand
>>
How about the back packs?
>>
>>11904200
because it's visually similar, and you can pull their vintage stuff or new stuff just fine, just a brand with range.

Eddie Bauer though, is pound for pound, almost the same shit as Patagonia. visually.

>>11904206
never tried em
>>
>>11904206
i have one of their microbytes (got it at a marshalls for like 50 usd) and really love it even though it doesn't hold a lot
>>
>>11904214
>Eddie Bauer though, is pound for pound, almost the same shit as Patagonia. visually
yeah, they have the same aesthetic, but imo pata's material/construction is just a bit better. also, eddie bower's sizes are pretty fucking huge and i am not a big guy
>>
huge meme in canada, no idea in the rest of the world.

basic bitch tier.
>>
It's the official US Touristâ„¢ sponsor.
Seriously only people I ever saw wearing this brand are gringos at touristy places.
>>
>>11903105
Go buy from TNF White Label or TNF Purple Label so you can be a special snowflake like me. No one is wearing stuff from those.
>>
>>11904206
They have a few really stylish techwear bags. I haven't owned one myself, but I assume the quality is good, as long as you don't abuse the shit out of it.
>>
Would you guys recommend the Urban Outfitters versions? I don't know where else to get the old school looking ones
>>
>>11903105
Patagonia has better service. But questionable fit.
>>
Pretty sure /out/ doesn't like TNF that much for actual hiking and shit. I think my mom was wearing her windbreaker from them when she fell off her bike, and it ripped really easily and was completely ruined. She was going pretty slow, too but she was taking a sharp turn with lots of gravel on the road.

Their backpacks seem pretty nice, but my sister has a Patagonia one which replaces her TNF one, and it is a lot nicer than any of TNF ones I've seen in stores
>>
>>11904206
ive had a jester since 08 and its still going strong
>>
>>11903121
What's a /fa/ Patagonia jacket?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.