[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a theory about fashion trends: trends don't end

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

I have a theory about fashion trends:

trends don't end because people get tired of them, they end because people don't want to be associated with the ugly/poor/annoying people that inevitably end up latching onto those trends, and "ruin" them for the people who initially got into them.

It's not even about not feeling special anymore: there are several out-of-style trends that would make you special if you tried reviving them right now, but since those trends are still associated with people we find ridiculous, we don't try to revive them because their memory is still vivid in our minds.

For instance: frosted tip hair. It doesn't look any dumber than shit like the manbun that was all the rage a few years ago, but nobody will try to bring it back until we all forget about Guy Fiery.
>>
>implying guy fieri isn't based and effay
>>
No.

A manbun looks like: I don't really give a fuck (though we all know it's not true)

Spiked hair looks tryhard.

Again, that doesn't really say anything about the person. It's just how it appears.
>>
>>11897149
>manbun doesn't look tryhard

Are you being serious
>>
>>11897178
you dont really have to style it that much, so it gives off an i-dont-care vibe
>>
>>11897190
nah. What gives off an I-dont-care vibe is
-ponytail
-loose long hair
-hairgrip the whole thing into a messy tuft of hair on top of your head

manbun requires more work than any of those options.
>>
>>11897198

reading comprehension
get some

>A manbun looks like: I don't really give a fuck (though we all know it's not true)
>>
>>11896985
he's smart as shit too
>>
You could be right OP.

Politics also play into it I feel. In the 80's n 90's for exp, goth shit wasn't associated with Tumblr new goth alien bullshit, but now that Tumblr is associated with Tumblrinas and SJW's, I don't like goth shit as much, at least the more disingenuous tumblr equivalent. It's like it makes me instantly knee jerk "HILLARY", then I all of a sudden feel like it doesn't really project the level of solitude it once enbodied. Not that I identify with the goth scene or anything, as an observer of trends alone, feels sad.

Then there's the other gay ass trends associated with liberals now a days.. shave one side of the head, dye hair, tacky glasses, cuck smiles.

I think it's more repulsive to go down that road than what you mentioned OP. Because that road completely censors all future possibility for me to even associate with it. Whereas uhly ppl wearing cool shit doesn't bother me.
>>
>>11896966
Basically fashion these days is just trickle down, but with the internet it has become a thing of rapid phases:

Option 1:
>High-end brand/designer releases something
>Fashion community loves it
>Mall brands bring it to the masses
>Fashion community rejects it and moves on

i.e. I was at the mall (I know, yuck) and saw Steve Madden Common Projects with gold lettering and all that were made in Bangladesh. Not to mention all the tons of cheap Chelsea boots women were buying.

Option 2:
>Ugly dudes/teenage kids see inspo/fit pictures on the internet and copy it instantaneously
>It spreads enough for the fashion community to reject it

i.e. fugly guy with a dirty manbun I saw once
>>
>>11896966

The masses run everything into the ground.

I'm wearing flares and baggy longsleeves these days. Really into super high performance3 Mizuno running shoes and tan overcoats.

Manbuns and lumberjack hipsters in slouch beanies can't guage my flow.
>>
>>11896966
>they end because people don't want to be associated with the ugly/poor/annoying people that inevitably end up latching onto those trends
you are wrong
it's because there is new hotness that everyone jumps to
>>
>>11898436
>there is new hotness that everyone jumps to

Spoken like a true laggard

new hotness = hey I've seen three Duane's and a Chad wearing those corduroy cargo shorts - So hot right now !!!!
>>
>>11896966

No shit Sherlock
>>
>>11896966
I just finished a book on the history of lifestyles and basicaly the old school way of thinking about trends is that they "trickle down", much like you said. The plebes try to copy the elites and when the elites notice this they acquire new positional goods to distance themseves from the lower classes.

And sorry guys but frosted tips have been back for a minute already ;^)
>>
>>11897149
>that doesn't really say anything about the person
Yes, it does
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.