[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't believe I am asking this but I am. I live in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: tmp_10560-hqdefault-300553687.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10560-hqdefault-300553687.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
I can't believe I am asking this but I am.

I live in a rural area and have a farm with livestock, crops, etc. I took a shine to older style clothing because of my grandfather. I also like how it's more convenient to wear suspenders and the like whilst doing work. I also go into the woods a lot so I wear wool trousers/pullovers, etc. I don't like jeans because I hate the way even a pair I forced myself to break in felt compared to my normal attire.

Is this okay? Is this fashionable? I am genuinely curious. I have seen pictures on the Internet with models dressed in plaid (which I also wear) and jeans and they're all thin and scrawny (legitimately look like they can't swing the axe used as a prop they hold) which just isn't how it is when you do manual labour. I think I am asking because I am letting advertisements get to me.
>>
>>11889273
You probably look like a faggot ogre anyways, so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>11889275

Well, you're honestly not wrong. My frame is dense and I do have to eat a lot due to calories needed for energy.
>>
>>11889273
If you live a "rugged" life, then you'll fit into work/outdoorsy clothing a lot better than some skinny twink trying to look like he works for a living. Don't worry about it OP. I personally find it embarrassing when I see a soft effeminate twinky looking dude decked out in crisp and clean carhartt attire that hasn't seen a minute of labor in it's life
>>
>>11889273
you don't need fashion you're better already than any of us here
>>
File: owl.jpg (198KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
owl.jpg
198KB, 1280x850px
>>11889273
I don't know how "fashionable" what you're describing is, but it certainly sounds cool to me. I'm reminded of this book I read semi-recently about the life of John Muir. In this book the author talked a bit about old-timey approaches to clothing. Muir and others would literally dress head-to-toe in pure wool, partially because that fabric never really stinks. So it's highly, HIGHLY practical, plus it looks good, insulates well, etcetera. The only downside I can think of is that it tends to be quite expensive for good quality stuff. But just think about Muir though, wearing pretty much only the clothes on his back and some ancient wooden-frame backpack, he'd wander off innawoods for weeks at a time. Probably brought an extra pair of wool socks and wool boxers to wear while he washed the old pair, but that was pretty much it, aside from a cast iron skillet, flour for hardtack and a bunch of ammunition. Seems like it would also be ideal for farms and rural life in general.
>>
mate it's fine to wear outdoor clothing with wool if you actually go outdoors, no ones judging you if you live on a farm or innawoods.
it's easy to tell the difference between a farm worker wearing traditional clothes and a skinny hipster with a slicked back undercut and anchor tattoos.
>>
Thanks, mates. I don't know why I started to let it get to me.
>>
>>11889456
>all this projecting
>>
>>11889833
seems like I struck a nerve, huh
>>
>>11889679
Wool indeed is amazing. The main problem is that it's hard as fuck to find 100% wool clothing nowadays. Even the quality brands tend to mix wool with 10 or 20% of synthetic fibers because it makes it easier to maintain.
>>
>>11889288
You have my dream life, not kidding. What's your daily routine like?
>>
>>11890826
I have no trouble finding most garments in 100% wool. Now the price point is a different story, but outside of non-technical base layers, I have multiple pieces made from only wool.

With cheaper clothing, yes, lots and lots of it will be blends, sometimes only 80/20 even with mid quality stuff.
>>
I think what you want is farm-core, it's what loads of people wear in New Zealand. Consists of Canterbury stubbies or shirt shorts, wool socks, red band gumboots finished with a plaid (preferably Canterbury) shirt
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.