[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I plan to stock up on used GATs. I like the looks and they are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: 617BvEi.jpg (733KB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
617BvEi.jpg
733KB, 4288x2848px
I plan to stock up on used GATs.

I like the looks and they are very cheap.

Is there a better pair of beater shoes?

I plan to use them for almost everything.
>casual
>indoor football
>gym
>running
>>
>he exercises
>>
>>11884760
>he doesn't
>>
i too want to pick up a pair, I just don't know what size to get though. Im about a 9.5 in US sizing and a 42 in EU sizes. any recs?
>>
>>11884756
>they are very cheap.
from where?
>>
>>11885228
German eBay.
>>
>>11885428
I'm an Amerifat. I also cannot read German
Is it still worth it to not order from USA eBay and just go to German eBay?
>>
I have two pairs of gats and personally would never ever want to exercise in them. They're extremely heavy and don't breathe at all compared to a nice tennis shoe. In my opinion, function > form when it comes to fitness.
>>
>>11884756

they're not a bad starting point but I prefer canvas
>>
>tfw paid 60$ for a used pair of GATS
>am afraid to use them too much in case the last guy had foot fungus or something
>>
I recommend them as beater shoes
I've worn the fuck out of my pair
they look fine if you clean them regularly
the two first things to happen are the leather starts to crack a bit, even with conditioning, and the insole starts to split
they're cheap though, so no worries

I wouldn't do any exercising in them except football and maybe gym
they're not a running shoe and you'll probably fuck up your feet if you run in them as there's not much arch support or cushioning
>>
>>11885444
>>11885537
thx for the input, I want to do some squats on them, and play futsal.
I figured running would be a mistake but was tempted to do it.

any tips on sizing?
>>
>>11885576
The sizing is literally how many cm long your feet are -- I'm a 10.5 and 285 fit me perfectly.
>>
>>11885576
Mine are true to size. Monopoint sizing makes it pretty easy to get the size right, which is obviously why it's used for standard issue sneakers.
>>
>>11884756
>gats
>not mmm
seriously?
>>
>>11885801
>gats
$30
>mmm
$300+

>mmm gats as beaters

are you really this dense?
>>
>>11885808
I actually have surplus gats as beaters
but it's really good idea to have quality shoes as your beaters obviously, shit will last you way longer and look way better than the surplus ones will
not to mention they are way more comfortable
are you really this dense?
>>
>>11885808
are you really this poor?
>>
>>11886155
>>11886159
>yfw ppl still buying replicas for 10 times the original's price
when will they learn?
>>
>>11884756
Do you want to grab the margiela?

Do not work out in them. The leather is already so soft, it'll stretch like mad if you're running and lifting in them. I'd be worried about sole separation.
>>
>>11885128
I'm 9 in US and 42 in EU and a 42 fit perfectly
>>
>>11884756
Where can I find replacement for MMM GATs?
I can't find laces in this dark cream color anywhere
>>
>>11886454
I've been wondering the same thing
>>
>>11886454
replace the laces?
>>
>>11886563
>>11886454

yeah replacement laces is what I was supposed to type
>>
>>11885434
yes
use web page translation on chrome
>>
>>11886454
best bet is buying them off someone who has a pair of gats or going to a boutique, online support wont help you
>>
>>11886169
Sometimes I get annoyed that people think like this on a fashion board than I remember most of this place is underage and their parents wouldn't let them spend $300 on shoes
>>
>>11886159
>paying $150+ on clothes

how autistic can you be? holy shit
>>
>>11886454
do you know how long the laces need to be?
>>
>>11886454
This
>>
>>11886700
It's common sense though. Gats fill a void for a cheap good looking sneaker that can be worn all the time without worrying about fucking them up. I get annoyed by people like you who think that everything needs to be branded and cost lots of money to be worth something. Value is, at its core, based on utility vs price. If you just need some beaters, why would you spend the money on Margielas? Get the replicas for a nice shoe to wear around but not for playing sports or climbing around in the woods or something.
>>
>>11888522
Because better quality shoes make for better beaters. Just because you spent more on them doesn't mean you should worry more about fucking them up. And if were getting gats for those things why wouldn't you get margielas, theyre more comfortable and durable
>>
>>11886700
Because fashion is not exclusive to those who have the spare cash/want to drop hundreds of dollars on a pair of shoes that look exactly the same as a $50 equivalent. Inb4 "hurrdurr poorfag."
>>
>>11885801
ur fuekn stupid
>>11886169
lol mmm gats are "replicas"!! good joke haha 22 am i right
>>11888522
this man gets it
>>11888542
youre literally retarded, why would you buy something expensive for the express purpose of fucking them up
>>11888547
they dont look exactly the same but i sorta get what youre getting at

i own mmm gats, theyre great and comfy but im not retarded enough to wear them to play soccer and lift weights to show off just how much i DONT (highlight dont) care about the shoes in an effort to make myself feel rich
>>
>>11884756
Just want you guys to know that real military personnel often cop civilian stuff like footwear for functionality and performance
>>
File: MMM-Replica-Low-Top.jpg (816KB, 2800x1828px) Image search: [Google]
MMM-Replica-Low-Top.jpg
816KB, 2800x1828px
>>11886700

/fa/ these days has become quite hostile towards anything remotely expensive, to the point where people are ragging on CPs and recommending some shitty adidas/vans plastic leather equivalent. I understand people thinking a $700 plain white button up is stupid but we are not exactly talking a lot of money here for a shoe you can wear all the time.

I have bought the mmm replicas and they are lovely out of the box, and have quickly become my favourite pair of sneakers. Having said that, I make good money and it's not a big deal to me to throw that kind of cash down on some shoes that are a better product. If I was flipping burgers and had to save up for weeks for them then I probably would have just bought the cheap ebay ones to get a similar look.

I posted the shoes in a recent cops thread and the sheer rage was astounding. I try not to rag on people who have less money but bitter poorfags screaming about how I can get a much cheaper sneaker on ebay are a joke. We are talking like 200 bucks for a timeless shoe that you will get plenty of wear out of.
>>
>>11888993

*200 bucks difference
>>
File: gats.jpg (81KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
gats.jpg
81KB, 800x600px
>>11886454
they look like the default laces of this other colorway
>>
File: 1426891828877.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1426891828877.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>People saying op should get the mmm replicas
Do you even know what a beater is?

I mean if you want to just walk, sit and take photos of your shoes that's fine, get the mmm ones, but OP clearly wants to do more than that.

Would you take your CPs or mmms to an open air concert where you know your sneakers are going to get really dirty and damaged?
just an example.
>>
File: photos (8).jpg (60KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
photos (8).jpg
60KB, 800x533px
>>11889007
ayy lol i have the other picture of this set
>>
>>11884756
Don't lie you're just looking to buy them to sniff nd wank over you freak
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.