[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who thinks combat/hiking ankle lace up boots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: dr-r15245001-a.jpg (106KB, 675x675px) Image search: [Google]
dr-r15245001-a.jpg
106KB, 675x675px
Am I the only one who thinks combat/hiking ankle lace up boots look bulky, clumsy, laughable and not agressive at all? What's with their 'agressive' image amongst most subcultures? Oh come on, even plain black oldschool chelsea boots look much more 'evil'. Perhaps people don't realise that in real life humans look at their shoes from a distance of almost two meters, and all you can see from this perspective is a pair of fat black toads on your feet.
>>
damn...
>>
>>11884076
I don't know, maybe you're right, but in my town if you go out with black combat boots and bomber jacket you're like the nazi fascist kid who beat up black and chinese people... I guess you have a point tho, combat boots are pathetic
>>
>>11884076
Ankle lace up boots tend to have an aggressive image, because they are used in combat you fucking retard. They are literally called combat boots. Martens are a bad example, because they're not as practical as your average combat boot, but they look the part and were a staple of the working class in Britain when skins and punks were an emerging subculture, both known for being aggressive hooligans. They were also terrific beaters at that time, because they were made with labor in mind.

Chelseas on the other hand were the boot of choice of the average toff nu-dandy and eventually the more flamboyant rockers adopted them.
>>
I also think that they look awkward in most outfits, but they go well together with Julius style outfits. They can look cute on girls if they're not wearing them in a 'I use tumblr and want you to know' way.
>>
File: tumblr_nexi92vtBP1r3utato1_1280.jpg (86KB, 1196x1115px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nexi92vtBP1r3utato1_1280.jpg
86KB, 1196x1115px
What do you think about CP combats?
>>
>>11884076
>What's with their 'agressive' image amongst most subcultures? Oh come on, even plain black oldschool chelsea boots look much more 'evil'.
You'll learn the reason the day you'll get a combat boot roundhouse kick in your face.
>>
I'd rather get kicked by a chelsea boot than a doc marten. I think this shows which seems more aggressive
>>
It is only acceptable to wear doc martens if you actually curb stomp people
>>
>>11884527
>tend to have an aggressive image, because they are used in combat
If something is used in combat doesn't mean it looks agressive, we're not in the 17th century and the aesthetic display of agression and violence can not be a goal of any modern army. Utility and effectiveness is all that matters for centuries.
>They are literally called combat boots
As I said above, this means nothing, just a mental connection, not their pure aesthetic value.
>Chelseas on the other hand were the boot of choice of the average toff nu-dandy and eventually the more flamboyant rockers adopted them.
Yet again, you talk about history, not their looks outside of any historic context. For instance, in the place where I live all these things have no meaning whatsoever, and the real dandy is he who wears dr martens combat boots, unlike those working class people that prefer simple boots without laces.
>>
>>11884761
>side zipper
no thanks
I bet they look quite good only from this perspective. think about how they'd look on your feet
>>
>>11884527
Where to get practical combat boots?
>>
>>11885009
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tactical+boots
>>
>>11885009
Depends on whether or not you want workhorse leather ones that last forever but murder your feet or new school sneaker-hybrids that are comfy and less durable.
>>
>>11885006
wut? why do you think they'd look bad?
>>
File: showofforce.jpg (187KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
showofforce.jpg
187KB, 640x360px
>>11884971
>aesthetic display of aggression and violence can not be a goal of any modern army
pic related

>unlike those working class people that prefer simple boots without laces
I would think laces are meant to keep the boot on your foot, if I was jumping out of a plane I would want my boots to stay on. Soldiers are doing strenuous "dynamic" activity like potentially scaling walls, jumping, sprinting at length, these activities require the damn shoe to stay on you foot. Where are you from?
>>
File: 1476915346247.jpg (120KB, 465x261px) Image search: [Google]
1476915346247.jpg
120KB, 465x261px
combat boots are "darth vader zombie kommando"
you use them to crush puny rebels underfoot

pointy chelsea boots are "flamboyant vampire bishounen wizard"
you use them to kick your foes in the balls

both are equally evil-looking
>>
>>11885960
>North Korea
>Modern
>>
>>11884761
i had a pair from an older season that i loved a lot and wore to pieces. what you posted sucks tho, bad look to the leather and cheap hardware
>>
>>11884076
>chelsea boots
when will this end
>>
>>11885009
https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/norwegian-m77-combat-boots/25108
http://www.steinadler.com/en/shop/product/STGL3851/1001/steinkogler-feldschuhe-leicht
These are actual military boots. Corcoran and altama are the big names in america I think.
>>
File: il_570xN.987238028_l7wd.jpg (43KB, 570x550px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.987238028_l7wd.jpg
43KB, 570x550px
get spook'd
>>
>>11887149
I don't know, never had any chelseas anyway.
What I said, in comparison to them even chelseas look good and evil.
>>
>>11887490
the point isn't to look like a polished super villain with clunky boots, it's to look tough and rough, which I think they achieve.
>>
File: 161418M228011_5.jpg (142KB, 713x1316px) Image search: [Google]
161418M228011_5.jpg
142KB, 713x1316px
w2c black leather harness boots like slp
I can't afford and I'd like to experiment before getting into that price range
>>
>>11884971
Association with military is what makes it aggressive you retard. Things don't have to be designed with fear in mind to be intimidating.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.