[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright fellow Leafs, I'm moving to Toronto next week.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2853.jpg (50KB, 590x387px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2853.jpg
50KB, 590x387px
Alright fellow Leafs,

I'm moving to Toronto next week. Who's giving me the /fa/ lowdown?
>>
>>11883442
okay here we go. everyone dresses like shit. toronto fucking sucks and you will hate it. if you would like to automatically hate it, visit Kensington market. I guarantee you will want a direct flight back to where ever you came from. the best dressed people are actually found in the rich neighborhoods like forest hill or the Kingsway although they are all cunts. I personally like the hood the best now. I spend most of my time in scarbourough because it has less annoying white people and yummy yummy food. high fashion bullshit is found on bloor around yonge. the best places to shop are value village. any used clothing store that isn't based on donations is bullshit and charges out the ass. the Patagonia store has a decent sales section. Korea town on bloor by Bathurst has the most effay Asians. what else would you like to know ?
>>
>>11883450
this, toronto is garbage
>>
>>11883461
>>11883450
Why's it so bad? Considering moving there from London on and every time I party in Toronto it seems leagues ahead of the curve of where I live now. My only gripe is the fact that it's brown town and ultra liberal.
>>
If you're black grow out your dreadlocks take a shit ton of xanax and codeine, make a soundcloud account and make dark spooky alternative r&b music where you mumble into a vocoder about sex and hennessy and being depressed

you'll fit right in

here are some examples to get you started

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyiAtPq3fF4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt-IM0XJYOo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX1ekkhSUp4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1aqqARKpcM
>>
File: 20111116-Honest-eds-sign-1960s.jpg (88KB, 590x389px) Image search: [Google]
20111116-Honest-eds-sign-1960s.jpg
88KB, 590x389px
>>11883588
It's not, this kid is just being edgy. There are lots of pockets of community and great options for clothes all over the city, depending on what you like.

The Bay adjacent to Eaton's has a wide selection of high end brands (Rick, Raf, Sandro, SLP, Lang, Opening Ceremony, Patrick Ervell, etc). Holts is right by Bay & Bloor, and there are some alright stores in Yorkville, but they're closer to the traditional menswear/preppy side of fashion. Capsule does streetwear there. Blue Button Shop has imported japanese stuff, Working Title and Nomad are for people who like Gosha. Haven is great for you to try shit on and then order online somewhere else for much less. You've got Gravity Pope, Lost and Found, Klaxon Howl, J+O and some others all in a cluster at Ossington and Queen. Monocle Shop is just up Ossington at College. There are lots more I just can't think of them and I should be working.

It's only browntown in the suburbs. You going to York or something?
>>
>>11883626
Nope I am currently in college in London but once I'm done I want to move to Toronto for work. Also to make clothes. I was also scouted by a modeling agency in Toronto but I haven't worked with them yet because my school semester is too loaded to get to Toronto and back consistently. I love spooky dark soundcloud rap, have some friends who are into that kinda stuff. But yeah if I want to make clothes I feel like TO is the only viable place for me outside of MTL.
>>
>>11883608
holy kek so much truth, now do a version about asians

>>11883626
Yeah I shit on TO a lot but there are lots of things to like, I mean you can't just generalize about such a large city. When I was last there I really liked the Ossington area around J+O. Maybe it's because of the cool lil boutiques, maybe it's because I saw a qt in a Sub Pop shirt and felt at home, maybe I'm a filthy hipster. Also TO is a huge win for asian food (and food in general).
>>
>>11883641
>if I want to make clothes I feel like TO is the only viable place for me outside of MT
Assuming you want to sell them from a storefront, that's probably accurate. You're also close to Hamilton, which has loads of textile shops. Probably all crap, though.
>>
>>11883588
>>11883626
>>11883626
>>11883663
>11883588
>>11883626
>>11883626
Toronto is a soulless garbage city. literally no one from the city of toronto dresses well, the hbc across from eaton has a garbage mens selection, the only decent store in the city is blue button shop and again its run by people not from the city of toronto, nomad is trash j+o is trash haven in toronto is trash gravity pope is trash.

If its not browntown then its degenerates or chinese wherever you go in the city

There is also a single good fabric store in hamilton, and maybe two in toronto but one of them i would only recommend if you're looking to make your own suiting or have suiting made for you
>>
>>11883663
Yeah I'm aiming for a physical presence moreso than online fuccboi tier big cartel soup. Now there are a lot of 'brands' starting up in Toronto right now so it will be a lot of fun outdoing them. I have big plans, I want to start a movement. Rebels without a cause.
>>
>>11883663
I'm from Hamilton, there used to be a big textile district downtown but it's slowly becoming choked out by a cancer hipster coffee shop minefield. There's still a few tho

Gentrification ain't no motherfuckin joke, everybody dresses fucking tumblr tier here now
>>
>>11883943
where in hamilton are you? i am as well!
>>
>>11883442
Lost of people dress like shit, but it's easier to stand out because the threshold is so low.
>>
>>11883943
Uh, Ottawa street dude. There are at least 5 shops between Barton and Cannon.

Yeah, James and Locke are hipster as fuck. Ottawa is heading down that path, but all the welfare and crack whores will keep it somewhat in check. I'm curious as to what will happen with the downtown core seeing the Intel (or IBM, I forget) building and all those condos going up soon.
>>
>>11884022
Ottawa street millsurp any good?
>>
>>11884033
It's okay. Cheap. Lots of uniform and workwear stuff. I've never spent any time rooting through all the surplus stuff, might have some gems buried in there. I'm surprised more kids don't go there for all the 80s/90s windbreakers as the listens-to-mac-demarco-once-core is pretty strong here.
>>
>>11884064
i think more of thoose kids go to O's clothes for the Ham, Ont shirts
>>
Stay out white cucks go back to yurop
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.