[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overdressing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 1468108514077.jpg (265KB, 746x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468108514077.jpg
265KB, 746x500px
People in my town are rednecks who dress like shit. I look ridiculously out of place when I dress using /fa/ approved techniques.

How do you small town effays do it? When the standard dress for night out on the town for the average person consists of sneakers, carpenter jeans, and faded XL hoodie, wtf are we supposed to do?
>>
why would you care about what other people think of your style?
be comfortable with your own fashion
>>
>>11881583
my comfort comes from a generally positive reception of my style. i'm not some autist who just wants stay home and look good in the mirror like so many on here.
>>
>>11881583
Not OP but I've been harassed by rednecks and shitty black immigrants often in my small town. They'll follow you around and try to talk to you. My fits were always plain and when I started dressing even more plainly to avoid attention, I started getting yelled at for being skinny. Started shouting back at people that I don't think will stab me.
>>
have faith in your own bad taste
>>
>>11881601
I bet you are some beta cuck who ways like 100 pounds. Thats why people laugh at you, because youre pathetic, not because of what you wear.
>>
I'm legit curious as to what your "style" is.

Are you going jogging in full rick? Are you rocking sick yohji drapes that flow in the breeze while waiting for the bus? Do you have the highest waisted stone washed jawns in the world, coupled with an oversized, faded pink sweatshirt and an '88 election ballcap? Are you wearing a 3 piece suit when you go get some tendies?

If you aren't doing high fashion, legit runway shit, or overdressing like crazy, or look like you literally crawled out of any decade before the 90s, you probably have nothing to worry about. Who cares what some alcoholics in realtree pants think.
>>
Just go Shia core or work wear or something else vaguely military inspired or otherwise meant for utility. That generally meshes with small town mentality.
>>
sneakers, carpenter jeans, and faded XL hoodie

damn those guys can dress
>>
>>11881552
you shouldnt overdress. always dress to your surrondings or you wont be comfortable
>>
>>11881816
Yeah that sounds pretty /fa/
>>
File: backwoods hick.jpg (100KB, 600x918px) Image search: [Google]
backwoods hick.jpg
100KB, 600x918px
>>11881552
>>11881601
Try to adopt some of their redneckcore like this anon said >>11881822
>>
File: here he is again.jpg (160KB, 1000x759px) Image search: [Google]
here he is again.jpg
160KB, 1000x759px
>>11881831
And to follow up
>>
>>11881831
that looks very 1992-1998
>>
>>11881552
>sneakers, carpenter jeans, faded XL hoodie
where have you been, this is /fa/
>>
>>11881831
looks like my day to day attire

>tfw wearing red flannel right now as I type this AND thinking of buying another red flannel
>>
File: buscemi.gif (2MB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
buscemi.gif
2MB, 245x245px
>coworker invites me to his buddies party
>I don't know this guy at all
>we show up, house is miles outside the city
>first thing the guy says to me is "does your little sister know you're borrowing her jeans?"
>I was wearing levi 501s
>mfw

backwoods retards don't know anything anon, you do you. you can fly under the radar by keeping it reasonable and subdued.
>>
>>11881908
>first thing the guy says to me is "does your little sister know you're borrowing her jeans?"
>I was wearing levi 501s

this accurately reflects what i'm seeing
>>
>>11881908
>>11881925

that guy is so based, would break out a cold budweiser and ride around in my ford f150 with
>>
>>11881908
>"does your little sister know you're borrowing her jeans?"

b r u t a l
>>
File: 1459482854459.jpg (33KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1459482854459.jpg
33KB, 400x300px
>>11881601
Lol
>>
>>11881898
>tfw wearing red flannel right now as I type this AND thinking of buying another red flannel

you sound like a really interesting person
>>
>>11881871
Towns in the midwest and south still have a thriving movie rental business 'cause their Internet infrastructure can't support it, so 1992 - 1998 makes sense
>>
>>11882007
hahaha what the fuck are you talking about? that didn't logically follow or end up connecting in any way. it's just like you really wanted to get that in
>>
>>11882019
hey free country
>>
>>11882019
Not him. But the golden age (lol) of renting movies was like from the beginning of the introduction of home vhs to like 5 years after dvds and netflix became a thing. I think the point that he's trying to make is that people who are exposed exclusively to pre 2000 media are going to be more receptive to fashion choices that your average city fuccboi would find dated. That being said, is internet really not widespread in the midwest and south? kek
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.