[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does YSL still make the best quality leather jackets for men?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 20

Does YSL still make the best quality leather jackets for men? If not, name some brands that are currently the best.

Also if you recommended Rick Owens you will be blocked.
>>
>>11646550
Schott
>>
i would buy rick owens
>>
>>11646550
For quality leather buy Loewe.
>>
>>11646550
Rick owens leather jackets are nice but it also depends on the rest of your fit. This is justin theroux wearing a rick owens leather jacket. The reason it looks so good is because everything fits well, and they're all staples and he's making the stand out piece the leather jacket. I, personally, like to wear a schott leather jacket. They have slim ones you can get at urban outfitters and even on the schott site. If you're looking at something more affordable, look at allsaints and Banana Republic can get a really nice one for 300.

I typically wouldn't get a saint laurent leather jacket. Their shoes, go for it. Their jeans, go for it. For most of their products you're paying for the fit and the name, not necessarily the quality. SLP is my favorite brand since Hedi took over, but he doesn't control the prices. However, if you can get one at an outlet or on sale for almost half the price, then go for it. However, Schott is my favorite for buying a leather jacket.
>>
>>11646550
Do you want cropped sleeves? SLP.

Do you want longer sleeves? Tricky Dick Showens
>>
>>11647029
This does not look good.
>>
File: image_97.jpg (135KB, 640x858px) Image search: [Google]
image_97.jpg
135KB, 640x858px
>>11647029
Calm down, dude. He was just asking for good leather, not about the outfit.

The outfit is shit btw. That jacket does not work with the rest of the fit.

>>11646550
Don't ask /fa/ for good leather. Granted that Schott and Loewe may be good, it'll be better to research about leather first.

Also, if you want actually good leather, be prepared to drop at least 1k on a piece.
>>
>>11646550
No, i think you mean Yves Saint Laurent.

Loewe, Balmain, Tom Ford, Givenchy and Lanvin are other ones you can check out.
>>
L17 or L01 effay? Which is better? I'm leaning towards copping the L17.
>>
Ysl never had the best quality leather products
Like many others have said in the thread, Loewe is superb, I own a bag from them and its definitely a step ahead of anything I've felt from SL/YSL
>>
>>11647283
you're objectively wrong

>>11647327
sorry for giving advice, someone recommended rick owens so I was providing advice about that. I was telling about how you could wear rick owens, and if you look at the rest of what I said, I do talk about different leather jackets. Second of all, you're wrong about the fit.
>>
>>11647327
>Also, if you want actually good leather, be prepared to drop at least 1k on a piece.

Okay, let's say Schott (and by default SLP) are a bit of a pipe dream at the moment, what half-decent motorcycle jacket can I wear as a placeholder for the time being?
>>
>>11647893
I like that the l01 is a little more cropped, however I prefer the l17 design (imo it's not as recognizable as the l01 having such fuccbois as Bieber wearing it, which is a plus in my eyes)
>>
>>11648123
buy an actual motorcycle jacket
>>11646550
bbs
leon emanuel blanck
ccp
layer 0
julius
undercover
viridi-anne
devoa
ma+
carpe diem
incarnation
obscur
>>
I always hear so much different opinions on Schott. On one hand people say the fits are horrible and that it's basically dad-core leather. Than some say that they make the best jackets. Don't know who to believe, but personally I think there jackets are pretty damn affordable compared to others.

Oh, and opinions on Burberry Leather Jackets?
>>
>>11647904
Well, im fairly sure neither brand actually makes leathers in house, at least not YSL. So really, it depends on the maker, where there is a lot of cross contracting between brands, so you can actually have jackets from different brands made by the same company. This is very common in all of fashion, but especially leather, as it takes a lot of expertise to make high quality leather.
>>
>>11649313
It really depends on what kind of fit you want and what kind of body you have.

If you're a lil skinny boi who wants a slimmer, cropped fit, Schott isn't really gonna cut it. But the jackets are solidly made and will be fine for those of a more average or large build who don't mind a boxier fit. For the money they're still quite good, sturdy jackets.
>>
File: danzig.jpg (21KB, 236x319px) Image search: [Google]
danzig.jpg
21KB, 236x319px
>>11648123
Here's your response.
>>11648148

>>11648080
Advice is fine, but that went a little too far.

And I'm not wrong about the fit. That jacket doesn't work with the outfit in any way. I mean, maybe it helps out the pants, but other than that, it's just a bad outfit.
>>
>I'm going to hate on rick because my heart pumps memes instead of blood
>>
>>11650280
rick only looks good with other rick.
>>
File: Ishygddt.png (129KB, 250x267px) Image search: [Google]
Ishygddt.png
129KB, 250x267px
>>11650280

The reason I hate on Rick is that his clothes are rather mundane but go with laughable price tags

>>11646550

What kind of jacket are you going for, OP?
>>
File: burrbry.jpg (37KB, 484x860px) Image search: [Google]
burrbry.jpg
37KB, 484x860px
>>11650316
>What kind of jacket are you going for, OP?

Like what I posted. Something in that rock n roll type of style . Something a little flashy, but not too crazy. Pic related is the one Ive been eyeing for awhile. Can't really afford a 5k YSL jacket, but willing to drop 2k on a nice one. The only problem with the one I like, is that I don't believe it to be very durable and I want something to last for 10+ years.
>>
>>11647029
The only thing that makes the jacket stand out is the godawful gold elements. Black with gold is the tackiest color combination for clothing ever.
>>
>>11650280
>my heart pumps memes instead of blood

u know it
>>
Note that SLP has had different types of leather. I own a SLP L01 jacket and I love it, but got lucky because there's no way I can spend that much money on it. Also, the fit is definitely key. I'm tall and slender (188cm and 60kg) and I like the way it fits me (size 48) but my brother is about 184cm and 70kg and normally wears size 48 as well but it doesn't look as nice on him.

When I wear it I sometimes feel a bit like a fuccboi if I don't go feel SLP-look so I always wear chelseas with them and black skinnies
>>
>>11650755
Yeah, im just a bit larger than you and got a stooges (tricky rick inc) in s, man is it small.

Barely even worn it, it's like a snakeskin.
>>
>>11650653
disagree. Black and Gold is one of the sharpest color combinations.
>>
File: 1457032599183.jpg (143KB, 354x800px) Image search: [Google]
1457032599183.jpg
143KB, 354x800px
>>11650811
actually have a fit pic of how it fits me
>>
>>11646550
they never made particularly good quality leathers
>>
>>11648148
>leb being good
>carpe diem being reasonably attainable without knowing the sources

stop repeating things you saw on sz
>>
>>11650316
>The reason I hate on Rick is that his clothes are rather mundane but go with laughable price tags

>mfw this fuccboi thinks 20 yards of embroidered wool flannel with a pregnancy drape is mundane
>>
>>11646550
older balmain..the quality is still pretty good but that kardashian tier faggot rousteing killed the brand
>>
>>11650653
rick uses chrome hardware, not gold lol
>>
File: 1379350362312.jpg (12KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
1379350362312.jpg
12KB, 250x200px
>>11650316
>The reason I hate on Rick is that his clothes are rather mundane but go with laughable price tags

>wants to buy the $5000 version of a $600 jacket that's been a staple of dress for over 60 years
>>
File: (PUke).png (5KB, 60x60px) Image search: [Google]
(PUke).png
5KB, 60x60px
slp and good quality in the same sentence
>>
only wear a leather jacket if youre actually riding a motorcycle, at which point you should immediately remove once you get off said motorcycle.

nothing cringier than faggot scrawny little twinks cosplaying tough guys
>>
>>11651171
nice b8, can't afford a car?
>>
>>11650237
how could he have gone too far? The guy asked for advice and he gave it. the fit's whatever, nothing special. you sound like a little entitled bitch
>>
File: 4cxdMJY.gif (371KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
4cxdMJY.gif
371KB, 500x281px
>>11651186
id assume anyone that can afford a leather jacket and motorcycle can afford a car dipshit. lemme guess, youre one of the faggot scrawny little twinks i was talking about in my post
>>
>>11651219
>youre one of the faggot scrawny little twinks i was talking about in my post
>posts anime gifs

lmao
>>
>>11650631

Go for Schott if you want to do it quickly, they have a sale on their website on Monday
>>
File: Falco exzellent.jpg (482KB, 1347x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Falco exzellent.jpg
482KB, 1347x2000px
>>11650971

I'm not OP senpai
>>
>>11650881
leb's anatomical cuts are the future my man, and cdiem often comes up on grailed/ebay/sz
>>
>>11651286
leb is deffo not the future. ppl thought that in like 2013
>>
>>11651266

>Schott

FUCK

Meant Aero leather, sorry senpai
>>
File: IMG_5217.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5217.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>11646550
I own a Schott Perfecto. It was pretty much my first expensive (for me) fashion purchase.

I have never received so many compliments on my style as I have since wearing the jacket. Girls at cafes have told me I dress well, guys in the street have said "cool jacket". I'm not a particularly good looking dude but I get so many compliments when wearing the thing.

The quality of leather is amazing, it's really heavy (people have always been surprised when trying it on or handling it) but not uncomfortable while wearing.

I'm very tall and quite slim, I generally rock it with a black T-Shirt, black jeans and slicked back hair with bright shoes. Not the most inventive fit but it works so why fuck around?

When it's cold I wear a jumper and the jacket over the top which looks good too.

If there's one piece of advice I'd give it is make sure you try it on before you buy.
I'm Australian so there's literally only one store in the country that sells them. Luckily I was travelling interstate and had time to visit. I'm so glad I did because the size I was going to purchase online looked fucking ridiculous on me, ended up sizing down way more than I thought I'd have to.

Yeah

>TL;DR I have a Schott Perfecto and it really is perfecto
>>
File: MEN-FW14_WEB-1210_18light.jpg (161KB, 1210x905px) Image search: [Google]
MEN-FW14_WEB-1210_18light.jpg
161KB, 1210x905px
I'm 6'1" 145lbs 28" waist

I'd like something as close to this SLP jacket as possible

I'd like to spend $300-500 ideally, used is okay. Would consider spending up to $1500

what's my best option? size down on something from allsaints? i need to be able to try it on first so preferably only sellers in the LA area or with good returns

thanks lads
>>
>>11651420
Hey dude, Ilm this guy >>11651392 I would really recommend the Schott. I wanted something like the SLP for so long but my perfecto is really really great
>>
>>11647029
What? The outfit is mediocre at best. If you asked any middle aged father to look ''cool'' this is exactly what they'd put together.
>>
File: leatherjackettakingtaytay.jpg (397KB, 773x768px) Image search: [Google]
leatherjackettakingtaytay.jpg
397KB, 773x768px
>>11651392
Awesome man. I live in NJ, so it would literally take me only 1.5 hours to drive to their main boutique. I'm going to go check them out and see if they do custom fittings and how much they cost. I'm still torn between what leather I would want because I feel cowhide/horsehide will just be too uncomfortable to me and I feel I'd be more comfortable in a "softer" leather. And yea my style really just consist of black ankle boots, skinny black jeans, and dark patterned button down shirts or plain dark color tshirts. I've been wearing fake leather for 2 years now and feel it's time to upgrade to the real thing.

>>11651171
I've never had a problem, but I would be lying if I said I never worried about situations like this.
>>
>>11651436

I've tried one on and i'm just worried about the fit. what's your height/weight if you don't mind me asking? when I tried even a pretty small size the sleeves and shoulders fit very oddly for me
>>
>>11651454
I'm 6'8, 75 kilos (165 pounds) so I'm a bit of a freak but I felt the same problem with the sleeves and the shoulders but that fixed itself when I wore the jacket in and it started to mould to my body shape.

I've heard the same problem on many forums when I was doing research and everyone says the jacket needs time to break in
>>
>>11651420
a used jacket from sandro is your best bet in the $300-$500 range imo.

do not buy allsaints
>>
>>11651474

why the warning for allsaints? i've never bought anything from them so wouldn't really know. they're in my prefered budget even buying new which is nice but
>>
File: image_87(1).jpg (127KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
image_87(1).jpg
127KB, 750x750px
>>11651212
I don't see where he asked for advise, however, I do see where he asked about good leather jackets.

And I even said that advise is fine. It's the fact that he went to go and break down an outfit that didn't need any explanation.
>>
Blackmeans?
>>
>>11651584
lol he didn't though, he literally said if he wanted to wear a rick owens jacket that's an example and then said why he thought it work. you clearly didn't read the entire thing. also the dude who started the thread asked about slp and then name some other brands. eat shit
>>
>>11651497
Not the original poster, but allsaints full priced isn't worth it. Their quality isn't worth the expense. I would wait till their stuff is on sale then they're in a good price range. I have some shirts and a denim jacket from them and they're fine, but I got them all for under $100. Sandro leather jackets are really nice, so wait till they're on sale.
>>
>>11651640

I was looking at their sale stuff in general, but the nicer looking jackets are still in the $400-500 range on sale

this is on sale from sandro for $560 but the fit of it just looks ridiculous, maybe sized down it would look good? sandro generally seems to use a bit less skinny models or at least looser fits, i'd have to try it on. still going for that SLP fit
>>
File: Sandro_V6412S-20_V_1.jpg (50KB, 738x954px) Image search: [Google]
Sandro_V6412S-20_V_1.jpg
50KB, 738x954px
>>11651647

forgot file
>>
>>11651647
I mean, his jackets are based around the Schott perfecto, they have slim ones at urban outfitters. The only way to get an slp fit is to buy directly from them.
>>
>>11647029
wow you know nothing stop posting
>>
>>11650228
everywhere I go I see this parroted. If you're slim/skinny you can still go wit a schott, they have a cut called the 626 which doesn't have the underarm footballs or gussets, it's also cut very trim to appeal to the blk dnm, allsaints, kooples crowd. It's definitely a viable option for skinny guys. But yeah, if you're skinny, don't even bother with a 618 or anything it's gonna fit like a tent.
>>
File: amc.jpg (22KB, 400x248px) Image search: [Google]
amc.jpg
22KB, 400x248px
>>11651620
NIGGA WHAT

Dude, you know what? Don't even worry about it. It's like we're on the same page, but we're not.
>>
>>11649313
Look at the specs on the leather, Schott uses chrome tanned, cowhide, cut very thick. That brand is a heritage motorcycle riding brand. People have been saved from skin grafts with those jackets, they're tuff shit. A burberry leather is probably going to be calfskin and might feel more buttery and soft, but it would rip for sure if you put it through half the shit a Schott perfecto can handle. You can find schotts in thrift/consignment stores that are from the 80's that look and perform brand new. That's the power of thick leather, it lasts forever and you can put it through hell and it's just going to look more badass. Keep in mind, a Schott is going to take longer to wear in compared to a Burberry calfskin biker, but it will literally mold to your body.
>>
>>11651369
Damn, you got my hopes up :( I have heard amazing things about Aero from guys that ride daily though, like supposedly they're padded better or something? It seems kinda silly to wear a leather for protection in an age where motorcycle armor can protect you 20 times better. What are Aero leathers like though? I haven't heard enough on forums or seen any irl so I have always been curious about Aero and Vanson
>>
File: image.jpg (184KB, 931x893px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184KB, 931x893px
>>11651647
I copped this in the sale. I'm a 36 chest but because of the site pictures I decided to downsize to an XS. Sorry about the crap quality pictures. I'm 6ft for reference
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.