[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fashion is a lie. When you buy and wear a garb to impress, you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: morally bankrupt.jpg (26KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
morally bankrupt.jpg
26KB, 620x372px
Fashion is a lie. When you buy and wear a garb to impress, you're lying in a very elaborate way about who and what you are. A fashion item you didn't make could not possibly be an expression of the self as advertisers will pay heaps of money to have you think. The pursuit of fashion is vain, and therefor reserved for the spiritually and morally weak.

Discuss.
>>
idk it makes me happy
>>
I consider my clothinng a form of artistic expression. I dont wear to impress, in fact i get more attention from women with basic bro jeans and t shirt shit but it does not bring me joy.

Clothing makes me happy and putting colors accessories and outfits together is fun.
>>
I don't agree entirely simply because I feel spiritually strong
>>
>>11589379
I do not dress to impress people, i do it because i find in clothes a way or expression and i see it like art, i dont care what others think, i dress only for myself
>>
>>11589379
But you are right about all the fuccbois who are contantly asking if X item is "effay" and dress for the please of others and for being accepted
>>
>>11589379
Finally some common sense on this sub
>>
>>11589379
You're only lying about who and what you are if you dress like someone or something you're not.

The pursuit of anything is vain. The only truly selfless act is killing oneself. You go first.
>>
>>11589379

but I make my own clothes anon

checkmate
>>
>>11589379
our clothes are the first and last thing we tell others about ourselves, how that doesn't qualify as self expression I cannot understand
>>
Can you shut the fuck up you try hard
>>
>western anime forums philosophy
shut the fuck up and let people enjoy things
>>
You"re operating under the assumption that anyone other than yourself sees fashion as some deep profound experience that needed to be broken down and philosphised

It's clothing you dumb piece of shit
>>
>>11589379
that's like saying communicating with people is just elaborate way of lying to others and is merely advertisement of self to others as you learned all this from the social and cultural context you grew up in
the pseudo-intellectual threads on /fa/ are always awful to be honest, read some books on fashion and come back with something actually interesting to say about clothing/fashion maybe
>>
so join a nudist colony in the pursuit of honesty
>>
File: 1444073611162.jpg (78KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
1444073611162.jpg
78KB, 338x305px
>>11589549
>i dont care what others think
>>
>>11589379
Your ignoring the fact that pursuing fashion shows something about a person, it shows an aspect of their taste aswell as showing that the person is putting effort into themselves. You simply state that it cannot function as self expression and don't offer any reasoning at all. Social communication is largely based around assumptions of peoples appearance and mannerisms, as this is valuable skill to have in the real world. Calling caring about this factor a vain endeavor is foolish.
>>
File: crista.jpg (63KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
crista.jpg
63KB, 800x533px
>>11589379
Being effay will at least prevent others' imagination from blocking at your miserable features.
See Stendhal's "On Love" for more insight on appearance's importance.
>>
>>11589379
But any garment doesn't hold any meaning until it's given to it in some way.

Imho certain pieces of clothing and certain styles are associated with specific people, atmosphere or demographics/cultures. Usually due to adapting some pieces of clothing made for specific purpose (work, sport etc) as daily wear.

I keep that in mind when I dress and I think that using fairly basic clothes you can achieve a look that corresponds with your attitude and personality.
>>
I think people who wear outfits that are heavily curated, don't choose pieces that speak to them or that fit their personal ideology, and dress only to be someone else's idea of impressive and important, are exactly what you've described.

When you wear what you want, how you want, and it's your vision and your own brand that you've brought to fruition? Then that's a sincere and honest truth. And it's real expression.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.