[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Australia Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 11

Where do you buy your clothes in Australia?
>>
>>11561320
Second-hand stores
>>
File: australia.png (156KB, 1901x892px) Image search: [Google]
australia.png
156KB, 1901x892px
sorry had to post
>>
factorie
>>
>>11561332
Sorry
*/fa/ctorie
>>
>>11561332
>>>/trash/
>>
Perks and mini
>>
Culturekings have some good stuff and generally good prices for sneakers. They also have a lot of hypebeast trash.

AScolour is where I get all of my basic stuff like chino shorts, hoodies and t shirts.
Can anyone rec me some good aus sites that sell levis and/or decent cheap boots like clarks? Need to get some cheap clothes now because I've lost weight.
>>
Vanishing Elephant have nice stuff
>>
>>11561401
just go to the fuckign mall to get levis
>>
>>11561409
Nearest store that sells them is several hundred kilometres away senpai.
>>
>>11561401
http://www.theiconic.com.au/levis/
>>
The internet.
>>
Really depends where you live and what you are looking for, theres decent stores in most main cities, if you live near the city in melbourne, sydney, there is a ton of option. some of these include, General Pants co., H & M, Factorie, Rodger David.
>>
buying anything retail in australia is pointless when you can just order it overseas for 30-40% cheaper even with shipping.
aussie prices are a fuckin joke mate
>>
>>11561445
to clarify, i wasnt implying these are the only decent stores.
>>
>>11561451
none of those stores are decent.
they're all mall-tier trash.
>>
Anyone in Australia ever copped the non-margiela GATs? I checked them out through some weird German site but shipping was gonna double the price, is there anywhere which does cheaper shipping?
>>
what's a store that does knitwear really well in Sydney?
>>
Can anyone here recommend a decent japan bidding/buying proxy with good shipping prices to Australia?
>>
>>11561466

Second this. Terrible stores
>>
>>11561320
these are the kind of threads that make people hate australians. lift your game it's embarassing
>>
Everything I wear is from AS Colour and Uniqlo tho I got my jeans from General Pants & also have a ralph lauren harrington jacket
>>
>>11561921
How would you say AS Colour holds up to Uniqlo? I don't have many uniqlo things so I've always wondered
>>
>>11561921
>Uniqlo
they have this in Australia now? I'm an aussie expat in the UK and they didnt have it when I left ~2 years ago
>>
>>11562808
yeah there's like a store in Melbourne and shit
>>
i go to lowes cause they have them light wash high waisted slim fit jeans that everyone says are like impossible to get
>>
Incu, Somedays
>>
second hand from Rakuten works

everything here is super expensive
>>
>>11561320
From overseas, of course.
>>
>>11561959
Not op but imo AScolour staple tee is one of best basic Tees of that price range although I prefer the boxier fit of Gildans anyway
>>
Melbourne here
Jeans from Dejour
Jackets and jumpers and shit from OP Shops
Tees from 1st Product, spares store, Doomsday
Some basics from AScolour and Uniqlo
Shoes from overseas cus our range sucks
>>
>>11563855
>AScolour staple tee is one of best basic Tees of that price range
yeah pretty much, all the tees I've bought since last year have been AScolour staples. grey marle is particularly nice
>>11563870
>OP Shops
which ones are the best? I'm not in Melbourne btw so you gotta speak generally
>>
>>11563870
KK, please explain this:

Recently i was in Melbourne, some shitty street buying a yiros, and across the road was a jeans shop that people were lining up for (looked like a dive).

There was a bouncer(?) out the front, and he was only letting people into the store like 2-3 at a time, and there was a line of about 30 people.

what was going on?
>>
>>11563947
only in melbourne
>>
>>11561561
Zenmarket or FromJapan
>>
Myer, David jones and roger David are my places at the moment
>>
>>11563986
eew why
>>
File: logo_Jay_Jays.png (63KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
logo_Jay_Jays.png
63KB, 640x350px
JayJays all day.
>>
just wear light coloured basics from uniqlo you autists
your spooky black goth shit is for new york or some other try hard city. not for aus
>>
>>11563947
If it was in Brunswick, it's dejour
There's a Vietnamese dude there, he can call out your measurementsjust from looking at you
Custom tailors jeans for you for 40-60 dollaridoos
Shits cash man the denim is also sourced from Melbourne so it's not bad quality
>>
>>11563878
Savers is like the staple op shop, go to the ones around trendy or rich neighbourhoods to increase odds of finding good shit
>>
>>11564156
yeah nah only savers in radelaide is in bogan hell, I'll give it a miss. Other than that I reckon I know some op shops in wealthy neighbourhoods. thanks for the adive
>>
>>11564086
gtfo
>>
Connor and shit like that. Sometimes Culture Kings in Melbourne.
>>
>culture kings
>jay jays
>factorie
>roger david
>h&m

What the fuck has happened to this board. This is a fashion board, not a mall-core, fast fashion symposium.

Please. All of you get out and don't come back until you either turn 18 or develop some taste; I get the feeling that either of the two is going to take a long time.
>>
>>11564262
Yeah, holy shit. I'm shocked at this thread.

For me it's Uniqlo for basics, Incu, usually at sales time, Harrolds definitely at sales time, and a few 'vintage' 'workwear' boutique places for jeans and occasionally shirts.
>>
>>11564273
The whole "/fa/ is dead/dying" meme hasn't really concerned me up until seeing this thread.

That and the fact that a "w2c black and white roshes" thread is on the first page every time I visit.

Abandon ship.
>>
Kenji/Myer and Factorie for every-day wears, platapus shoes nearby I get my shoes since they usually have good deals on Vans/converse. Anything else like good button-ups and shoes/boots I usually order online.
>>
>>11561320
UniqLo, American Apparel, Connors, Myers

Pretty much in that order too. David Jones is also decent but over priced in comparison to Myers.
>>
>>11563947
Lel I've been there. I thought the bouncer part was pretty weird for a clothes place and inside it was really nothing special as far as I could tell.
>>
>>11564394
Holy shit, this is disgusting
>>
This thread is disgusting

The best stores in Brisbane are:
Apartment
The Outpost
Violent Green
Fallow
Stock and Supply
>>
>>11564092
sounds like you live in queensland or some shit lmao
>>
asos is all you need son.
>>
>>11561320

If you don't know where to look, you aren't looking hard enough. Don't ask for recs on a Chinese cartoon message board, silly kid.
>>
>>11562808
>>11562943
There's one in Sydney also, near George St
>>
>>11564710
Always packed with middle age men/women and asians
>>
Connor, Tarocash, whatever is on sale.

Kmart for basic shoes because my shoes always have a life expectancy of 6 months.
>>
>>11564721
True, especially middle aged asians
>>
File: dorsia.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dorsia.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
>>11564449
>shits on others while contributing no alternatives at all
>>
>>11562808
There are a few stores in every state (except SA because nobody gives a shit about SA).
>>
>>11564730
>my shoes always have a life expectancy of 6 months

That's because you buy them from Kmart you retard.
>>
what good in perth?
don't fucking say culture kings
>>
>>11563870
Melbourne here as well
APC
Incu
Sure store
PAM store
Prime atheltic
Up there store
SaintSide
Fast Times (if youre a hypebeast for palace stuff)
>>
>>11563947
hahaha since when was there a bouncer there?? all i remember is a bunch of old asian ladys working in a sweatshop layout
>>
>>11564771
culture kings
>>
>>11564823
thanks daddy
>>
>>11561320
Just copped me some Grosby 1461 monos
>>
What the fuck??
>Connor
>Myer
>David Jones
>Factorie
>Culture Kings
>ASOS
>The list goes on....

What the actual fuck, no wonder I left this shithole goodbye see you fags in a few months when this shit hole is even worse
>>
>>11564869
Thanks for suggesting better alternatives.
>>
>>11564794
>doesn't even mention dot.comme

wow?
>>
>>11564870
better than shitting up the thread
>>
>>11564926
it's because you dont have any suggestions isnt it? kek
>>
>>11564928
This.
>>
>>11564936
>>11564928
>>11564870
These are places that normies who don't give a fuck about fashion know about and shop at. If you can't think of alternatives you haven't done any research about where to go in your city or even walked around on foot looking for interesting shit.
It's a fashion board. You have to do better than this.
>>
>>11564937
>thread is about where to buy clothes
>doesnt share his secret superior shops with anyone else
its ok to admit you buy from the same places as the rest of us mate :)
>>
>>11564953
I already shared where I go earlier in the thread.

Where to shop depends on what city you're in. The only nationwide chains are mall core shit.
>>
>not buying youre clothes online
most of the australian designer boutiques are average anyway desu, not to mention you can find much better sales and less common pieces online aswell
>>
>>11564972
Sizing can be an issue online. I ordered an XS and it was like a fucking XXL when it arrived despite being tagged as XS.
>>
>>11564975
well that could have just been the design of the garment
a lot of places have product measurements so you can compare it to stuff you already have
and if that doesnt work a lot have free returns policies aswell so you can just exchange it for a different size, or buy 2 different sizes at once and send the one that doesnt fit back
>>
>>11564975
Where the actual fuck do you buy something that's tagged as XS but fits like XXL lol
>>
>>11564991
givenchy?
>>
>>11564953
lol unless you buy online you're buying from small, independent boutiques that only exist in one state

go into your city, walk around and find out for yourself
>>
>>11561561
>>11563966
Seconding fromjapan, havent tried zenmarket desu. Buyee's decent i guess but not exactly user friendly from my experience. Sutocorp was expensive desu.

Depending on the size of the item expect somewhere around $25+ for shipping not including bank and service fees
>>
>>11565008
I'm using Zenmarket at the moment and its pretty good. It and FromJapan seem to be the cheapest; FromJapan has extra shipping discounts if you spend a lot as well.
>>
>>11561320
Claudemaus
Nique
Basikke
Song for the mute flagship
Republic boutique
Collector store
The standard store (impressive lineup, snobby af salespeople)
>>
>>11565018
Yep, i'm at tonosama rank which gives me something like 10% off? Everytine you finalize a purchase (send it for shipping) you accumulate points which is like store credit.
Also occasionally they have "sales" where you earn extra credit/"fj points" which you can use to offest your purchase.
>>
>>11564928
LOL you're so full of yourself
ok, i'll list some in melbourne:
dot comme
assin
eastern market
even penniless
>>
>>11564771
HAL
Cabinet Noir
A few others I forgot
>>
>>11564483
Contra is a new one worth checking out in the city, not much stock but has some cool pieces from some euro designers (Lou Dalton, Etudes, that kinda thing)
>>
>>11565110
EM's harnden and murakami stock is the stuff of dreams
>>
>>11564794
haha sorry bruh, havent been up the curtain house in a while
>>
>>11564875
haha sorry man, havent been up the curtain house in a while- only go for rooftop or pam
>>
>>11564835
....They look like something 12yo wears on his first day of high school.
>>
>>11564164
There's another one in Kilburn now. I know Kilburn is kinda industrial but it's pretty close to the city and other suburbs that aren't like Noarlunga.

Wow. I don't get to talk about radelaide on here very often.
>>
>>11564516
goth ninja tryhard detected
>>
>>11563870
>>11563947
>>11564152
dejour is dope, wearing some right now and i feel comfy af as i shitpost

get there on a weekday morning if you can and you'll be line free with a bunch of alternate QTpis getting close to your junk for measurements
>>
File: melb_fuccis.jpg (188KB, 1086x1013px) Image search: [Google]
melb_fuccis.jpg
188KB, 1086x1013px
>>11564092
Melbourne is pretty try hard. worlds most liveable city ye boi.
>>
>>11567346
brisbane is wayy nicer than melb. melb is a wog and viet shit hole and all old and shit with crap weather. brisbane is bliss
>>
>>11567365
kek
>>
>>11567365
THIS. And who fucking cares if Melbourne has better shopping? You are a retard if you are not ordering online from overseas anyway, so it makes ZERO difference. Queensland is the undisputed GOAT. :^)
>>
Ksubi my Ksubis
>>
>>11567396
I'm afraid Melbourne has better everything
>>
File: 1370877928640s.jpg (5KB, 195x250px) Image search: [Google]
1370877928640s.jpg
5KB, 195x250px
Check the sticky mates, I added a fair few stores to the Australia page when we built it a few years back from recommendations from anons.

I live in Newcastle so I just buy shit online or in Sydney if I'm there for work.

Stores I like:

- Incu
- Apartment
- Up There
- Capsule
- Above the Clouds
- End (Online only)
- Prime
- Maple
- Nique
- Someplace

I might add some more stores to the page from this thread if there are good suggestions
>>
>>11564262

This pretty much just "lol where should I go the next time I get the bus to Westfield"
>>
righto just ordered some t shirts and shit from uniqlo
how long do they usually take to ship?
>>
>>11567920
>righto
fuck off
>>
File: canada-goose-aviator-hat.jpg (58KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
canada-goose-aviator-hat.jpg
58KB, 600x600px
>>11561320
Where can I buy something similar to pic related and doesn't cost 300 american dollars?
>>
File: pinkngrey.jpg (99KB, 550x734px) Image search: [Google]
pinkngrey.jpg
99KB, 550x734px
Top shop, Myer, target and cotton on, come at me
>>
Big W, Coles and K-Mart are my go to places.
>>
>>11567396
True patricians know that it's worth paying a little extra for the privilege of being able to see the piece in person, touch the fabric, feel the weight of it on your body, etc, before you buy it.

Unless the mark up is too extreme, in which case fuck that.
>>
>>11567995

Tenson sell a similar trapper hat, you might have to wait for stock, its faux fur. I just bought a large jacket similar to the expedition/citadel parka that cost 1/4 of American Goose equivelant. It still costs more than fashion stuff but my last tenson jacket lasted 10 years. Their stuff is quality.
>>
>>11567995
Tasmania plz leave

>>11568008
holy fuck that picture
>>
>>11567995

Canada goose, what was I talking about.
>>
>>11564710
>>11564721
uniqlo employee, can confirm
>>
>>11568097
which one?
>>
>>11561320
>>11561320
do asokone, stance or leisuresuitlamy ever post here anymore? havent been here in a while.
>>
>>11568193
>>11568193
asokone had a melt down from being heckled all the time and posted his trip code
lamy started balding hard and just quietly went away after the heckling started
stance still posts from time to time and is a little fag as usual
>>
>>11568193
stance posted in this thread earlier, doesnt post often tho
>>
General Pants Co, Factorie, Ozmosis, Platypus, Culture Kings, Hype, Ed Harry, Connor, Jay Jays, Glue,
>>
>>11568417
obvious b8
>>
>>11567903
Best post itt. Cheers
>>
Lowe's for basoc tees
>>
>>11567903
Is there any stores in Newcastle you'd recommend senpai?
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.