[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to look for in a facial razor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (9KB, 406x363px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 406x363px
will any double edge safety razor do? What makes it a good quality razor?
>>
>buying anything other than glorious nippon steel folded over 1000 times
>>
>>11557235
uh thats a fucking wakizashi not a FUCKING KATANA
>>
>>11557235
>spend weeks researching safety razors and following ebay postings
>finally nab myself a great condition 1940's Gillette Super Speed
>the blades won't even go through my facial hair, not even Feathers

That was 2 years ago and I haven't shaved since
>>
>>11557387
post beard
>>
>>11557394
Nah I use a beard trimmer. My squiggles look like garbage when they start to get longer.
>>
>>11557387
>that guy who thinks reading about a craft for months makes up for actual experience doing it
>I read about collector autismo on SRP and that makes me an expert after 2 shaves
>somehow my beard hairs are stronger than steel even though this is physically impossible

Whenever I hear "muh beard is too thick" or "muh face is too sensitive" I think "this person really fucking sucks at shaving"

Yes, even if you've been doing it your whole life. A friend of mine confessed to me recently that he didn't know about ATG/WTG and he's in his FIFTIES
>>
>>11557255
who cares, twat.
>>
>>11557493
summer: the post
>>
File: componentirolls.png (222KB, 1139x805px) Image search: [Google]
componentirolls.png
222KB, 1139x805px
copped this, neat thing that when properly sharpened can then be maintained for many years without ever having to sharpen it again except for touching it up with the hone and stropping it (all integrated into the case)
>>
>>11557525
Have fun never using that
>but I will
K
>>
>>11557591
probably. I got it as a curisosity they're very cheap
>>
>>11557525
jesus, who the fuck thought that was a good idea
>>
>>11557472
>neither reading up nor doing it for ages makes you an expert
shaving really is a dark art
>>
>>11557937
It's really not that hard, it's just that in modern consumerist culture people have been trained to ignore themselves and focus on the tool

Good tools help but there isn't a tool in the universe that can cure bad technique
>>
>>11557255
At least he didn't use a picture of an odachi.
>>
>>11557472
>a craft
>an expert
>everyone's going to have the same experience I have
It's just freaking scraping hair off your face dude. Obviously you have to do it right but it's not a Michelangelo sculpture. And considering you didn't say something like "that was my experience in the beginning too but I found out what I was doing wrong eventually" you probably have blondie peach fuzz.
>>
>>11558862
>It's just freaking scraping hair off your face dude
Sure, just like cooking is "just putting some stuff in a pan and applying heat". Yet a lot of people fuck it up because they aren't willing to learn the fundamentals.
>Obviously you have to do it right
And obviously, quite a few don't
>but it's not a Michelangelo sculpture
Who made that comparison? You did. There was only ever one Michaelangelo. Everyone has a face. And yet.
>And considering you didn't say something like "that was my experience in the beginning too but I found out what I was doing wrong eventually"
Why should I have to say it? Everyone fucks it up when they start. Some of us get better, others just go "hurr my beard is obviously made of some unknown alien super-metal that razors can't touch". Which, clearly, is more likely than being incompetent.
>you probably have blondie peach fuzz.
I'm not white, but I had a full black beard for some years, before jersey shore types picked up the fad some time in late 2014/early 2015.
>>
>>11557235
For me, shavettes. They are all pretty much the same, you can go for aesthetics.
>>
>>11559259
You're obviously a genius, but it's more likely just a different razor is needed.
>>
>>11559279
I've heard the japanese feather ones are good but they are expensive to buy and the blades are very expensive as well. The dovo one is complete dogshit
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.