[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become a model?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1458650071213.png (618KB, 722x481px) Image search: [Google]
1458650071213.png
618KB, 722x481px
How do I become a model? As in not some low end, no name model, but as in be on magazine covers, adverts, billboards etc. type of model?

People talk about getting scouted and stuff but is that stuff just a rare occurrence, I'm pretty sure stuff doesn't happen like that in the areas of my city I'm usually in.
>>
>>11501130
be good looking
>>
>>11501144
People have told me im good looking/not bad looking. But I don't really believe it.

>inb4 post pic
lol im not posting anything on 4chan for shit m8.
>>
You have to be 6-6"1 and you have to be decently toned.

Take some shots with some friends of the week and build up a binder and then go to your local agency's open call
>>
>>11501151
>But I don't really believe it.
Then you're not good looking enough.
>>
I was a model 2 years than my career was destroyed cause my hairline started receding. Sucks to be me cuz i was getting good contracts
>>
File: IMG_20160708_185240.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160708_185240.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>11501202
>Than
Typical
>>
>>11501130
what kind if demented idea of modelling do you have hahahahah, it's the same for everyone : you either get scouted (RARELY happens) or you show up to your local agencie(s) with pictures of yourself and they will decide whether or not youre worth their time. if you get picked they'll offer you a contract and you'll be assigned an agent. this agent will get you small gigs to build your real portfolio (you're not gonna get paid for any of this and youre gonna be working long hours) until you get your portfolio together and then you will start getting paid gigs (expect 500-700$ per 8 hour day if youre lucky) and it most likely will never get better than that. if by some miracle you do get in the upper tier then idk whats gonna happen to you cause i havent experienced that, but its probably not gonna happen anyway lol.
>>
>>11501182
>tfw 6'4
>tfw literally no friends, more so know no one into fashion like me

>>11501192
meh, I guess so but not every model is conventionally attractive or even attractive at all compared to todays beauty standards.

>>11501221
Nice pic.

>>11501228
Some people just end up with dead jobs giving pics to literally nobody or people hosting their "personal sites" and that's it. Just for some spare money. I just think its cool and would want to do it for fun, I wouldn't mind the experience and being able to wear cool clothes is something i really wanna do.
>>
>>11501245
in that case id say show up to your local agencies on open call days, even if you dont have pictures with you if you have the look they will do quick headshtos for you and youll be fine. give it a shot man, you got nothing to lose and if you dont get picked by an agency dont stress it anon, youll have other opportunities in different fields.
>>
Do you have to be tall? I'm very attractive in just about any aspect but I'm a 5 feet 8 manlet
>>
>>11501276
5'8 wont cut it. sorry my dude.
>>
>>11501151
if you aren't willing to post a pic on 4chan then you'll never be a cover model
>>
>>11501271
Might as well try then, I'll have to look some up in london and just see what happens. Does sending photos to top agencies also work? i tried that recently but idk if it does.

>>11501303
>if you aren't willing to become a new meme you'll never be a cover model

nice try anon
>>
>5'11
>modeling agency opened almost at the end of the town, where I live
>going to do groceries this one time and some guy asks me if I'm interested to become a model to said agency
>decline
>several days later they ask again
>again
>again
>decline each time
>classmate that was also goodlooking went to the agency
>the agency closed soon after

Yeah, if you don't live in a fashion forward city there are no chances you will get scouted even if you look good. I live in a city with 200000 people and I don't think there are modeling agencies because nobody is really interested in fashion.
>>
>>11501319
OP said he wants to be on mag covers and billboards

kek
>>
You fags are pathetic, get real jobs and stop pretending you'll be able to live your life off of your mediocre looks
>>
File: you.jpg (37KB, 640x391px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
37KB, 640x391px
>>11501404
>Doesn't read any of the posts in the thread
>Spouts nonsensical bullshit.

pic related .
>>
>>11501432
I'm a model myself actually so there
>>
>>11501130
Just apply to a good agency. I got scouted a few times when I was younger when I'd visit the closest city but my mum wouldn't let me so nothing ever came of it. Being scouted isnt that rare; for girls they literally ask any tall skinny girl who has a decent bone structure. You have to be stunning if you're expecting to get blue print work, I'd be happy with catologue work because it generally pays better than most high fashion stuff (ignoring blue print)
>>
>>11501441
>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact
>>
>>11501441
i feel like if you were a model, you wouldn't be on 4chan
>>
>>11501461
bullshit, i have a friend that's a model who lurks and there was a model here about 1-2 years ago posting some and we started following eachother on tumblr
>>
>>11501461
theres posters here who did runway for prada and slp, theres prob more i dont know about too
>>
>>11501461
i'm a model and i'm on 4chan, but i've only been doing it for a month and it's only unpaid portfolio shit... trust me as soon as the paper starts coming in it's ciao ciao fagarinos
>>
>>11501461
models are humans too you stupid shit
>>
I'm a model but despite catwalks and such I mostly do stuff for commercials, so low level stuff. I don't believe in my changes either to be anything more, but I know that I can develop myself into direction where I can get more auditions - gym helps, and smile is a must.

But I'd recommend anyone to not do this for money. My gigs get me like 100€ or less. To me the whole thing is about learning to pose, about what people want to see in you- and how to build courage. :)

Oh, and manlets - there are still options getting to commercials, going for ug fashion and such- but the thing is really that in everything, you need to get to know the people.
>>
>>11501182
5'11-6'4 will cut it if you're extremely attractive and then just claim somewhere between 6' and 6'2 like Sean O'Pry or Francisco Lachowski
>>
I have all the specs to be a model, the only thing that let me recluent to send photos to an agencie is I have super mild acne, should I wait until it clears up first before applying or should I just apply now?
>>
>>11503686
yeah good luck w that lol
>>
>>11501130
be a girl or guy
make connections with a good photographer
suck dick until he boosts your career.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.