[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poorfag General - /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 23

File: pfg.png (899KB, 1337x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pfg.png
899KB, 1337x1024px
Ok, I’ll give it a try.
There’s been some discussion recently about starting general threads similar to /rog/ focusing on “low budget fashion” (what a strange phrase). And since /fa/ only gets shittier each day, I wanted to contribute with something that actually might help somebody, especially lurking users. Because let’s face it, the age average on the board is 19-21, if we’re optimistic, and there’s not much people in this age range with means to buy only designer brands. And non-designer or streetwear threads within /fa/ suck. Also, since there’s a lot of shitting about the definition of the word ‘fashion’ around here, I am just gonna use ‘clothes’ as it’s all budget limited.

Genral advice and tips on being a poorfag:
- Manage your money well. Separate certain amount of your monthly income and put it in a clothes jar. Make sure the amount is appropriate so you don’t have to withdraw anything for non-clothing purposes.
- Buying mediocre clothing doesn’t benefit you in any way. Either thrift/buy something really cheap or save up for a high quality piece you really want.
- Always think through your purchases, even if you’re thinking about copping a plain tee.
- Keep your wardrobe small. As you progress on your poorfag crusade, you’ll find a lot of ways to get cheap clothes which, however cheap, won’t satisfy you equally to its price. And having an imperfect wardrobe, more so voluntarily, doesn’t feel good.
- Lower number on the price tag doesn’t mean the item is actually cheaper. Cost Per Wear (CPW) is what you’re after, look for price/quality ratio.
- THRIFT. Or use Grailed. Generally, as far as poorfags are concerned, used is a better option in many/most cases. However, see below.
- Generally you don’t want to be thrifting for shoes (doesn’t apply for thirft, GOAT etc.) and mostly jeans as these things need to have proper fit. However, see below.

1/2
>>
>>11491998
- TAILOR YOUR CLOTHES. If you can learn to do it by yourself, it’ll completely enhance your poverty experience since basically every unfitting pair of pants from a thrift store can be transformed into a great pair of jeans. If you can’t/don’t want to learn this, partial cure is finding your own tailor, but depending on your country, this might get pricy.
- Invest in new, cheap basics before you develop your personal style. These basics should be basic to the degree when you’ll always find some good use for them.

Brands and stores:
>Your local thirft store(s), Grailed
Daily bread and butter. Go there regularly, look for decent stuff. Don’t act rashly or impulsively when you see something interesting, think it through.
>Levi’s
Go-to jeans vendor for most people. I recommend getting a pair of either 511’s or 501's and getting them tailored. This will result in an ownership of properly fitting pair of jeans with good durability.
>Adidas, Converse, Vans
Meme brands of choice for your shoes. Chucks, Stans and Old skools in an appropriate colorway will do until you save up for a btter pair.
>Fruit of the Loom, Gildan, ASOS, h&m, workwear stores
Only use these for buying basic tees. The first two are more durable then the latter, but don’t come in as trendy fits. Some workwear stores sell decent quality plain t shirts in packs of 5(6, 7) for reasonable price.
>{insert your favorite designer or high-end brand here}
From time to time, buy some grail of yours you really want to keep you motivated. Remember, you won’t be this poor forever.

>Last advice. If you’re reading this, you’re probably a fucking white male with an access to internet connection and some electronical device, meaning you won the life lottery the day you were born. So don’t bitch on ancient malaysian rice-growing message board about being unable to buy a pair of Ramones.
>>
bump coz disappointment.
>>
I would also add to look for a way to personalize your clothes such has getting a jean jacket and filling it up with patches that are relatable to you
>>
Bumping since this is interesting
>>
Come on poor fags contribute
>>
File: 20160708_172339.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160708_172339.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>11494209
Idk what to really contribute...
I found these @ Goodwill yesterday though.
$8 for the jacket and $1 for the hat
>>
>>11491998
If you live in Europe you will find Decathlon and there are some nice basics tee very cheap and the quality is nice.

The brand is Domyos, probably you will find it.

I bought 2 t-shirts yesterday, aprox 10€ total
>>
File: pT-iHxhU.jpg (24KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
pT-iHxhU.jpg
24KB, 440x440px
Tip: A lot of clothes from thrift stores have nubs and stuff. You can use a razor to shave them off and it looks and feels really nice. Don't do it too much though or else you'll ruin your clothes, and always use a sharp one.
>>
>>11494219
Nice.
>>
>>11494292
>nubs
You mean pilling?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
Thrift from today, $6.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
Shoes from American Apparel, $15 on clearance
>>
>>11494292
Part of why I shop thrift to be honest, it is much softer when it's been broken. T-shirts, plaids & sweaters mostly
>>
thrifting is probably one of the best ways to get nice clothes for cheap. if you live in an area with a large amount of old people who live there, check out every thrift shop. not everything will be great, but they give away nice leather jackets, suit coats, and sweaters. i got a ralph sweater in near mint condition a few weeks ago for only $5. salvation army also tends to have better things because people who actually care about where their shit goes donate there (goodwill is a for profit company, and those who have nice stuff to give usually know that, so check out local donation centers, small thrifts, and salvation armys for the better finds). typically you'll get brands like the north face, nike, polo, and tommy hilfiger at thrift stores, but if you can style it right, there are tons of good fits to come from them.
>>
Anyone know of good places to thrift in DC?
>>
File: 1466809150957.jpg (25KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
1466809150957.jpg
25KB, 301x267px
>>11491998
>>11491999
screenshotted and saved, also checked.
Great guide OP, I really appreciate the fact the you took the time to write this out for us. I'll be putting your advice to good use.

You should add Uniqlo to the stores for basic tees, they're pretty cheap too.
>>
File: Happy_Sad_Frog_04.jpg (29KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
Happy_Sad_Frog_04.jpg
29KB, 604x453px
Op here, woke up few mins ago. Good contributions so far, I'll put the suggestions in the text file I saved. Also, glad this helped someone >>11494455

Also I might upload some budget fit if I find decent camera.
>>
>>11494418
maybe go outside DC / more NoVa? nova has plenty thrift shops, like one in every little shopping center. but idk about DC
>>
File: image.jpg (483KB, 960x1135px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
483KB, 960x1135px
Thrifted this coat. What do you guys think?
>>
>>11494857
Meh
>>
>>11494857
I like it, but I wouldn't wear it with that shirt
>>
>depressing stint not working for 2 years so I can help take care of my grandparents
>both die
>too depressed to finish grad school so drop out and get job
>save up some money so I can get better business cas clothes and shoes
>car breaks down
>computer fucks up
>student loans want money

Should we just kill ourselves poorbros?
>>
>>11495951
Don't lose hope, man. No matter how shitty your life is now, it's bound to get better sooner or later.
>>
File: 1460722959588.jpg (131KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1460722959588.jpg
131KB, 640x640px
>>11495951
i believe in you, poorfriend, stay strong
>>
>>11495951
Being depressed due to lack of disposable income is pretty stupid desu, but I don't blame you, I get how and why you feel that way.

This is gonna sound like a cliche, but start working out. It's basically free and pretty much guaranteed happiness points.
>>
How do you guys tell how worn clothing is? If someone on grailed claims "excellent condition," where do you check to see if it actually is?
>>
i just buy everything on sale
>>
>>11491998
>Cost Per Wear (CPW)
lmao listen to yourself man
>>
>>11496494
Link item here
>>
>>11496494
I would like to help here, but that's not very specific question, is it.

Only overall advice, look at the edges of the item, wear shows of there mostly. On hoodies and sweats, check if those stretchy parts look.. well, stretched.

Don't get fooled by 'excellent condition'. That's 'I've worn it many times, but haven't trashed it' in internetian.
>>
>>11496716
That's pretty commonly used term on fashion blogs. It determines how many wears can you get out of a specific piece of clothing without it falling apart. What's so wrong with it then?
>>
>>11496949
>It determines how many wears can you get out of a specific piece of clothing without it falling apart
Yeah no shit but what an absolutely retarded way of looking at fashion
>>
>>11497001
Oh here we go, let's argue about the definition of fashion and how shall we treat it. For the xth time today.

If I am not mistaken, this thread is focused on people with limited resources, therefore there's nothing wrong with getting clothes (note I didn't say fashion pieces or some bullshit) of quality according to its price.
>>
>>11496494
I mostly thrift suits. Short checklist for fellow poorfags:
>scan whole suit for mothholes
>check for wear:
>lapel — is the edge frayed or threadbare? Press the edge of the lapel down or pull the two sides: is the stripe of edge cloth discolored or visibly more worn than the fabric on the sides?
>cuff — same check as the lapel
>collar: is it worn/discolored? Older guys' suits often have discoloration especially due to them wearing pomade and shit every day of their lives. Check the top fold line of the collar in particular.
>check the lining for wear, the lining's often the first thing to go. Take particular note of the arm holes: wear, torn seams, discoloration?
>buttons — are they loose?
>seat of the trousers — is it fucked? This is THE #1 place any pants blow out
>pocket inners — often thinner, less hard wearing material
>fly
>hems — fraying is common

Some of this stuff's easily fixed, other stuff less so.

Post TL;DR, so cont'd
>>
Cont'd from >>11497250

>check fit:
>does the jacket sit right over the shoulders? This is virtually impossible for even a good tailor to fix, so the most important factor. There should be no rumpling over the shoulders, the collar should lie snug against your shirt collar, there should be no dimples in the sleeves at the shoulder, or twisting of the sleeve fabric
>is the jacket the right length? The skirt should cover your ass
>is it right in the waist? Should neither bag, or stretch — the dread pleb X you see on guys who think "slim fit" is the same as wearing two sizes too small. You will not look slim, you'll look like Chico Marx
>sleeve length decent? This is the most easily fixable jacket detail however so don't sweat it too much, any tailor can do this on the cheap
>is the trouser length right?
>is the waist good?
>is there room in the seat/legs when you sit, bend and so on?

Out of these, sleeve length, trouser length and waist are supremely easy to get adjusted by any tailor, and having the waist taken in is also simple. If there's excess fabric in the back you may also be able to have the waist let out.

>what's the hand like? The weight? Is it nice?
A lot of the time old suits have incredible, nice cloth and actually are better than new shit for this reason, the checklist may sound like it's all shit but tb h it's far from impossible to find some great old suits cheaply. If you live in a big city especially, your wardrobe can be top notch for not a huge lot of money.
>>
File: image.jpg (700KB, 1920x693px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
700KB, 1920x693px
>>
bampo for poverty
>>
>>11494267
Decathlon is weird. Almost everything is low quality and overpriced, but
>10€ sneakers that last a year
>15€, 7.5€ sometimes, 70% merinos tshirts
I wish they'd bring back last year's merinos tshirts, now that I have the money to buy a bunch.
>>
>advising converse
€80 for shoes that last three months isn't very frugal
>>
just as a heads up for y'all, size up when you buy gildan hoodies/sweatshirts because they shrink like crazy
>>
>>11499588
Or you could air dry all your clothes
>>
>>11499680
Best thing to ever happen to me when saving money just leave it over night
>>
>>11496943
>>11497250
>>11497266
Thanks boyz

>>11496917
https://www.grailed.com/listings/673292-Paul-Smith-Mainline-jacquard-cotton-shirt
>>
>>11499162
I ve got two thrifted pairs that have lasted me two years. I ve been wearing them to school/work basically daily. They're trashed, yes, but still cover your feed.

Anyway, feel free to actually recommend something.
>>
>>11491998
Seriously OP, great post. Thanks for all this

Copped this jacket at an NYC Goodwill for $14 while I was visiting the city
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>11500898
Forgot the pic because I'm tipsy
>>
>>11500898
>>11500908
Very decent cop, grats.
>>
word advice to you /fa/ nerds

don't save up to "buy a quality piece you want" and only have a few quality pieces and then everything else you wear with it is shit and you look like a cock sucker

and stop buying shoes from american apparel

and stop wearing weird jackets that you saw as soon as you walked into the thrift shop because you're scared and have no real taste yet and just know you're in a thrift shop and so you think almost everything looks good

and stop shopping from american apparel actually in general unless you're buying some socks or some shit

buy plain white tees

stop wearing medium shirts

stop wearing v necks
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 375x375px
>>11500959
>letting everyone know that they're wrong while not offering alternative ideas
>>
>>11500971
just figure it out while not doing any of that
>>
>>11500844
Or you can get a no name converse knock-off?
>>
File: 1454101439159.jpg (2MB, 2000x2356px) Image search: [Google]
1454101439159.jpg
2MB, 2000x2356px
I guess you can get away with buying cheap basic pieces. Plain t-shirts, plain polos, black skinny jeans. But you should always buy decent shoes? Is it not worth it to buy cheap shoes?
>>
>>11501105
I've heard that cheap shoes just fuck you over in the long run. If you're buying boots or something other than sneakers, you'll save money buy buying long-lasting versatile ones. As far as sneakers go, I don't think that Converses or Vans would last too much longer than a generic pair from some other store.
>>
>>11500959
>stop wearing medium shirts

what are you even implying here
>>
>>11501091
Sure. But it wouldn't feel right to me. I hate myself for that, but that's the truth tbqh.
>>
>>11491998
but what if you live in europe? there are no thrift shops here
>>
>>11501199
Op is european.

I haven't been to all the european countires, especially esatern ones, but i've seen thrift stores everywhere. Care to post specific location?
>>
i've seen a few reccommendations for work shirts in this thread; anywhere europe/UK based I can buy them online?
>>
Bumpu
>>
Eastern Europe here (Czech Republic), thrift stores are scarce but filled with really good and cheap shit. Find one nearby and you're good for life
>>
>>11494219
Beautiful jacket
>>
>>11501108
If it's leather or suede I'd generally say shell out s bit more dosh, but unless you're super into designer sneakers or absolutely dead set on getting CPs or Replicas, getting a basic pair of adidas or Nike or vans sneakers isn't terrible. Killshots, sk8-his, stans all look ~fine~ and if you aren't putting the primary focus of your fit on your shoes or just don't have the funds to buy luxury sneakers, getting a good looking budget pair that normies won't bat an eye at and fit the overall aesthetic is perfectly fine
>>
File: Screenshot_20160710-191056.png (583KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160710-191056.png
583KB, 1440x2560px
Just thought id say that if you sign up for the goodwill newletter, they send you these
>>
>>11501105
>>11501984
Forgot to also add, the two pieces you should generally buy quality/spend extra on are trousers and outerware. If you're especially tight on your budget, getting cheap tees that fit well and have a good color to them, and getting shirts that fit you well on the cheap and tailored to you if needed is the way to go. Buying these pieces used if you want higher quality is also very reasonable.

Being fashionable and achieving your desired style is as much dependent, if not more so, on the time and effort you put in as the amount of money you have available to devote to it.
>>
>>11501996
Thanks for the tip, glad the temps aren't as brutal as they have been so I'm not a sweaty mess going into goodwill anymore.
>>
>ctrl+f
>no results for ebay
>>
>>11500959
What the fuck do you mean by stop wearing medium shirts
>>
is there really much wrong with h&m jeans?

I've had a black pair of their low skinny for about a year and nothing seems wrong with them.
>>
>>11504981
>>
>>11503510
hit and miss

I have the same gray pair shia wears (low skinny maybe?) and I worn them for maybe 3 years until they started tearing

while other h&m jeans tore before I even got out the door
>>
How do I into palewave as a poorfag?
>>
File: s-l225.jpg (10KB, 169x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
10KB, 169x225px
>>11492944
I'll bump this. I got my dad's old gold's gym denim jacket and a bunch of my university patches and different personal shit on there. Its not even that effay but it turns heads and I'll never see anything like it on anyone else. Plus qt3.14s always want to wear it.
>>
>>11491999
Nice trips. I used to be a poorfag (still somewhat am, but better than I was). Being a poorfag is good in a way because you think more about every purchase you make. Having more money doesnt make me better at managing it, it just makes me buy more shit impulsively.

I somewhat agree with the advice on jeans and basic tees, but I would say it doesnt just apply to poorfags. Good jeans and plain black or white tees make up the base of 95% of my outfits. Most people cant tell the difference between $150 and $500 jeans, so why pay more, even if you have the money? I also rarely pay a lot for shoes, unless there are some I really want. Shoes like Vans and Adidas Orions go with most of my fits, and I always seem to wear them, even though I own a lot better shoes, cause I hate worrying about cleaning my X Dooms or veritas after every wear.

When I invest in good clothing, I go for top end jackets, pants, backpacks, and accessories (glasses, etc.) cause that shit will last me longer than the year or two I get out of most of my shoes.
>>
>>11505011
Easily desu, that's not a hard core to do on a budget. There's a reddit about it somewhere, but all the basics are obtainable from pretty cheap vendors (Hanes and gildan, levis..). You can buy cool socks on eBay, pale sweatshirts are easily thriftable, so are light wash jeans and woollen trousers (tailoring needed doe).

As far as shoes are concerned, I'd either buy Stan Smith's or off white chucks.

Feel free to ask for specific pieces.
>>
File: 1468260044711.jpg (260KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1468260044711.jpg
260KB, 2000x2000px
>>11505071
Gazelles or Chuck II Parchment? I'm stuck between the two for palewave
>>
>>11505108
Chuck p's for sure, but I might be biased since I can't stand the type of toebox gazelles have. So don't take me very srsly.
>>
>>11503510

H&M Jeans are dope
>>
ioffer is also a great place for fakes,i found qasa replica for 72 euro
>>
File: gaDB7Gx6SoaNcLgVsquG.jpg (414KB, 1100x1467px) Image search: [Google]
gaDB7Gx6SoaNcLgVsquG.jpg
414KB, 1100x1467px
Does this patch look like something a seam ripper could take off?

I'm new to this, sorry
>>
>>11505199
First of all, I'd advise against wearing the jacket, but that's subjective.

Anyway, the question isnt whether the patch is removable but more like whether the jacket is capable of going through that process. The fabric looks as if the removal would leave it rugged and visibly deformed. But it's hard to judge from a picture.
>>
>>11505213
Thanks for the response. I'm looking at it on grailed so I don't have more pics.

I've seen tutorials online about removing patches from letterman jackets, and the fabric on those jackets is such that the holes sort of fill in after removal. This one is padded on the inside however. Even though it's small enough for me I'm probably not gonna cop because of uncertainty
>>
What type of pants do you guys suggest I should get from dickies?
>>
>>11502169
Reason for this is that ebay isn't great for a poorfag. It's great if you have a decent amount and you want some vintage pieces, then you can take some risks with ordering, risking getting one or two duds in terms of fit or condition for each good cop. If you're in poorfag mode you can't chance your cash like that, you have to see the pieces in person, examine them for wear, try them on for size. You can't afford to pony up for a dud.
>>
>>11505199
I can't recommend it. With a patch that big and tight there's sure to be deformations. Don't cop it if you can't stand the back, there are plenty of this type of jacket. Ever brand new ones shouldn't set you back that badly either.
>>
>>11505418
874 or nothing
or the loose fits if you can pull them off
>>
>>11505704
Slim or regular
>>
>>11505704
And what colors
>>
>>11496345
Parents died
Car broke down
Drop outta school
>pretty stupid desu
It's not just cause he's poor, he lost everything. Different kind of poor.
>>
>>11505752
regular
i would say slim but the low rise sucks horribly
>>11505763
whatever you like. neutral ones if you want to play it safe.
>>
Should I invest in raw denim vs regular when buying Levi's?
>>
>>11505800
And in what style should I buy them
>>
>>11505199
Jacket is nice, fuck those fagget anons telling you otherwise, rip that bitch off and put a patch you want on it.
>>
Whats the best brand for tees? Uniqlo ones feel plastic
Also are uniqlo sweatpants any good?
>>
>>11505992
Would also like to know
>>
Bump 4 good thread
>>
>>11505992
All depends on what you want, for the price the suprima cotton uniqlo tees are great, if you're of a certain body type Gildans aren't awful(?) I guess. Jcrew isn't bad for a bit more cash and if things are on sale. Go to a thrift store or something I always find Ralph Lauren tees for like $10 at the most
>>
>>11505992
james perse
>>
>>11491998

I know the subs gonna get shit cause reddit, but rfrugalmalefashion has helped me countless times.

I recommend using /fa/ for inspiration but if you want to be more aware of discounts use that subreddit. Also make sure you have honey installed on your browser if you're using chrome, it'll look up coupon codes for sites you're on and it's made me aware of deals I didn't know were available at checkout.
>>
>>11500303
Not him, but pretty great quality, sleeves have been rolled up a bit, but unless you don't have an iron, you'll be fine.
>>
>>11501105
Shoes are more equipment than clothes, cheap clothes are still functional, many cheap shoes aren't and will fuck your shit up - women shoes are particularly bad.

That said, I'm a fan of those €10 decathlon shoes, for the price they're good enough. Still wouldn't use as a primary pair, but it's a good cheap backup.
>>
>>11505800
If you have to ask, go cheap.
Raw denim people are rabid about it, you're not. Save the money.
>>
>>11505788
Death of his grandparents and dropping out of school are valid reasons for being sad, of course. But in his post it looked like this happend some time ago and now he's depressed cos he doesn't have money after going through all that.
>>
File: wanderer_above_the_sea_of_fog.jpg (69KB, 625x796px) Image search: [Google]
wanderer_above_the_sea_of_fog.jpg
69KB, 625x796px
OP here. Because the thread is doing pretty well, I am gonna edit the initial post copy pasta and upload it on a pastebin somewhere.

Please summarize your suggestions on improving it. I'll add some of the vendors mentioned in the thread so far as well as various advice submitted.
>>
>>11506664
But Levi's raw denim is about the same if I buy the regular 501s
>>
>>11506978
id recommend ebay for cheap hats, jewlery n simmilar things
>>
>>11494292
You can also buy a sweater stone (or pilling stone idk) and just scrub them away with ease.
>>
>>11501218
in eastern europe countries thrift shops are called second hand shops, but they are filled with old women clothes and shitty brown suits.
>>
>>11505800
Japan blue jeans have good raw selvedge denim for a cheap price
>>
>>11507229
it hurts:(
>>
Where to cop decent belts?
>>
>>11507229
I'm from Belgium and i've seen quite a few 'second hand' shops with good clothes in it.

They are often called 'vintage' shops or some shit like that.

Anyway, keep looking. They do exist.
>>
>>11501105
Is it just me, or would that fit look so much better if he didn't have his pants rolled up so high like a dripping faggot asshole?
This is my first time one fa in 5 years
>>
>>11505199
Don't you fucking dare ripping that patch off. Give me that jacket; that's grail material. Are you afraid you're too weak and pasty to wear something that references sports?
>>
>>11507207
Didn't know these existed thanks for that
>>
>>11494219
L U C K Y
>>
File: Tekken_2_Kazuya_2 - Copia.jpg (43KB, 459x589px) Image search: [Google]
Tekken_2_Kazuya_2 - Copia.jpg
43KB, 459x589px
huge sales @ americanvintage-store.com

pic unrelated
>>
>>11501108
In my personal experience, I went through 3 pairs of 25 buck no-brand canvas shoes in a year and a half, they all fell apart. Copped some old skools and they're still holding up 2 years later. Vans and Connies etc are meme brands but it's pretty much the baseline for quality, anything below that is just gonna disintegrate off your feet
>>
>>11500959
Everything you said is awful.
>>
are there any cheap brands which are similar to rick owens?
>>
Decent tip :
If you can handle working retail it's usually worth it even it's a shitty place in the mall. They will always have essentials and your discount will come in handy. I work at vans and get a 50% discount I don't exactly like all the clothes but there is some decent stuff that comes out once in a while and basic shirts are ok quality.
>>
>>11511976
I don't really get your what you mean here. But i'll give it a try.

I've never worn rick, not that I wouldn't like to, but I don't have the money to do so.

But - I think the silhouette similar to what you see in ROG is achievable with cheaper stuff through putting some time and effort into it. If you look at ppl around here who wear his stuff, most of their separate garments are really simple (excluding outwear). So, if you really want, you can learn how to sew and make some dropcrotch sweatpants and stacked tee yourself while only buying ro runners/dunks/mones or w/e. But I don't see any easier way that won't make you look like stupid.
>>
>>11511976
Just go to ioffer/ebay dude
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
white Levi 501 CTs for 10 fucking dollars with their sale and promotion on the website
>>
>>11494418
buffalo exchange, there are a bunch on u st
>>
>>11511976
puerhomme
>>
>>11513362
Link
>>
>>11496917
if it's actually a good deal, it'd get poached though
why would you link something cheap and hopefully quality/durable to a group of people looking for exactly that, on a board with vaguely aligned ideas of what's stylistically interesting?
>>
>>11497892
>don't thrift pants
why can't you hem/taper pants?
>>
>>11513449
google it you stooge
>>
Best thrift store in South Florida?

So far my best experience is Red White and Blue, in Hialeah. It's yuge. They got a Goodwill near the old immigration building too, it's alright.
>>
How the fuck do people get GATs without paying absurd shipping prices? Is there just no way?
>>
>>11513362
>>11513755
Not that previous anon. Do you have any experience with ph? How's the quality?
>>
>>11513780
Eyyyy Miami boi
>>
>>11494322
Sup, Ronald McDonald.
>>
Any poorfag alternative to allsaints
>>
>>11513895
yeah, I'm waiting for sale on cps and black gats
>>
>>11494219
thats really good
>>
>>11503510
My tailored pair of h&m blk straight jeans are my fav pair of jeans, prefer them over 500€ jeans i got
>>
>>11508627
its not just you
>>
go to thrift stores in good parts of town.
this way you can get them old richfag clothes
>>
>>11491998
Thanks anon, I feel lucky that I decided to lurk /fa/ today.
>>
Protip if your a student sign up for unidays get discounts to American apparel , urban outfitters,and Levi's
>>
>>11503510
fucking terrible

dreadfully low waisted and the material is paper thin. there is no excuse for buying fast fashion. not even if you're poor.
>>
socks + hats on aliexpress.com /other chinksite??
>>
>>11516412
I buy socks from eBay pretty regularly for 3 usd per 10 pairs. Pretty shitty, but hey...
>>
w2c some...shorts. vague i know. I never wear any but i'm ~feeling~ like wearing some. Everyday wear..
>>
>>11516442
Any at least a little more specific image on your mind?
>>
>>11516457
i need a shorts inspo thread desu.
>>
>>11514792
When do you think there would be a sale we n CPs? How low do they get?
>>
>>11514669
Pls
>>
>>11514669
Would really like some help pls
>>
>>11516412
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/623920
Cant vouch for the quality but ill buy some from them eventually
>>
H&M doesn't deserve all the hate it gets

>they get torn after a week lol
Exagerration, sure the quality isn't particularly good but it's cheap as dirt and most clothes look pretty good.

I'd recommend it for cheap basic fits for sure
>>
>>11517248
you can get cheaper better clothes from a thrift store or online
>>
>>11516904
>>11514669
>>11517235
Idk, all saints sell all kinds of stuff, what response do you imagine you'll get?

You can always buy some of their fakes n aliexpress if you feel like you want to.
>>
File: 1466503229651.jpg (3MB, 3827x3150px) Image search: [Google]
1466503229651.jpg
3MB, 3827x3150px
>>11516490
>>
I need some basic dark blue raw denim jeans. Is there anything that's a step up from Levi's / H&M, but cheaper than Unbranded?
>>
>>11518107
APC
>>
>>11518090
Mostly the jackets and boots
>>
>>11518544
APC look better, but they're more expensive than Unbranded.
>>
>>11517248
it deserves the hate it gets for outrageously inhumane working conditions, but in terms of just quality I agree with you 90% of the time.
>>
>>11518091
w2c shorts?
>>
>>11514897
Yea no shit
>>
I need jeans that are better than Levi's but under 100$ what do I get
>>
>>11522101
wrangler
>>
>>11522101
cheap monday
>>
>>11496949
>>11499162
I honestly have never gotten this, all my life I've never had clothing fall apart on me. The cheapo $30 shoes that I bought exclusively for work are still totally fine after 3 years. What are you people doing to these clothes?
>>
any other poorbros here who have purchased expensive items before they researched into fashion and now wish they could ctrl-z purchases and be able to afford an actually sick wardrobe
>>
>>11522506
Get off this board
>>
>>11523631
go back to ktt
>>
>>11501105
w2c wool trousers whose rollup looks clean like this
>>
File: 503536477_top1?$pdp_flexH$.jpg (22KB, 235x644px) Image search: [Google]
503536477_top1?$pdp_flexH$.jpg
22KB, 235x644px
hey guys, i just basically decluttered my entire wardrobe and i'm left with very little clothes, so it's time i go clothes shopping.

i'm very skinny, and i'm insecure about my arms so i want to get some oversized shirts that cover my upper arms, for a decent price. Pic related is rick owens.

where are some good stores to get nice oversized shirts like this from? doesn't have to be this color, just looking for a similar cut.
>>
>>11523982
thrift store, look for xxl
>>
where can i get decent longsleave tees
>>
>>11523982
uniqlo has some oversized t-shirts now for ¥1500, the fit and material is v nice
>>
>>11522523
I agree
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.