[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: rsz_20160704_191722.jpg (253KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_20160704_191722.jpg
253KB, 747x1328px
Is this an acceptable outfit for an interview? The interview is for a research position at a medical school. Thanks!
>>
Looks fine to me

Nice tag btw
>>
>>11486871

I was debating between a tie or no tie. The environment is business casual. The tag is long gone now. :P
>>
It's fine, would be better with a blue blazer tho prep boi
>>
>>11486863
Not bad. I would prefer navy wool and slanted pockets on the blazer. Not super keen on the derbys, I think a lighter shade would be nicer, and what the fuck is up with that stitching running down the middle? imo a half brogue derby works very nicely with that sort of outfit
>>
>>11486882
Gotta agree here.

Look pretty sharp op, I just don't love a black blazer with brown shoes.

You would look super sharp in a navy jacket.
>>
>>11486863
w2c chinos
>>
>>11486863
very nice. Just donĀ“t stand up like a cowboy.
>>
>>11486863
I have the same shirt, is that a John W Nordstrom, trim fit?
>>
>>11486863
The black jacket reminds too much of actual formalwear.
I think you'll leave a better impression in navy or gray.
Everything else is 100% innocuous.
>>
Pretty good, but I think there's too much dissonance between the tailored black jacket and what look like canvas jeans. Either go with a lighter, less structured jacket (and button it, for God's sake) or replace the jeans with something like gray wool trousers with a crease.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160707-074348~01.png (1MB, 925x1312px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160707-074348~01.png
1MB, 925x1312px
>>11487994
This sort of jacket would be a better match for the rest of the fit.
>>
>>11486863

Change that ugly ass shirt

Put grey trousers on

Black shoes/belt

put on a tie
>>
Overdressed for an interview at McDonalds.
>>
Do you not see how ugly those shoes are? Why would you pay for those?
>>
>>11486863

Why are you wearing a formal suit jacket with business casual? This looks horrible and out of place.

Get a more suitable jacket.
>>
change jacket and lose the pocket square
>>
>>11487633
this, otherwise nice
>>
>>11488003
cringe
>>
>>11488003
this
>>
File: dondraper-costume.jpg (22KB, 375x483px) Image search: [Google]
dondraper-costume.jpg
22KB, 375x483px
>>
>pocket square for an interview
rolling on the floor laughing my ass off
>>
>>11486863
If you don't have a navy blazer without all that shoulder padding, this is the time to invest in one. In a business casual workplace you'll wear it all the time.
>>
>>11488900
good thing your mom and her boyfriend/cousin carpeted the basement then.
>>
>>11491957
the most desperate basement virgin insult of all time
>>
>>11486863
just like how pretty much everyone else is saying, the blazer is too formal. If the working environment is business casual, you'll benefit from getting yourself a more casual blazer.
not a fan of the line running down your shoes but that's personal preference and I cant imagine the interviewers would care
>>
>>11486863
W2c or ID on trousers
>>
>>11491957
Kek
>>
>>11486863
Those shoes are honestly horrific.

No one will actually care and you're dressed quite smart so you'll be fine but seriously, throw those shoes in the bin: split toe on steroids
>>
PLEASE HELP how would you guys dress for an interview for a job at a cafe?
>>
File: ted.png (331KB, 600x370px) Image search: [Google]
ted.png
331KB, 600x370px
>>11486863
yeah why not learn to have a better posture first. bitch stop dangling yo fucking hands like ballsacks.

Anyways okay fit
>>
>>11486863
>cuffs invisible
Is this cultural or is it acceptable in certain countries to have overly long jacket sleeves?
>>
>>11486863
>not full rick
>>
>>11493115
they're not overly long. plus you'd probably see cuff if he stretched his arms out.

as for the fit: what the other anons said; it's like you don't know if you want to go to a funeral, the office or a summer city stroll. navy jacket, solid-color shirt, tie rather than a pocket square, shoes without stitching down the middle (the fuck).
>>
>>11493221
Your cuffs should be visible in a relaxed arms down position. OPs jacket sleeves are categorically too long.

>those shoes
Agreed, atrocious. Might as well wear flip flops
>>
>>11493279
maybe his cuffs are too short. :^)

seriously though, his arms are slightly angled in and the jacket already hovers at wrist level, on his left arm noticably above. definitely not "overly" long - although i guess categorically too long might be true. not an expert.
>>
>>11493310
Both arms are are down, his jacket cuffs are encroaching onto his hands, that's too long. You don't have to be an expert to see that.
>>
Very nice man. Keep it up
>>
>>11492001
kek. this
>>
>>11486863
Why are your shoes scared down the middle? Also they look like they are made of plastic.
Pant break is not neat, crop or plint.
Sleeves drastically lose volume at the end, looks silly.
Shirt cuffs not showing.
Shoulder padding is way too much, looks like there's a hangar inside.
Close that jacket up.
Shirt is essential research core but go for something plane with a blazer.
Also don't wear a black blazer, especially not from such an inferior fabric.

And clean your kitchen.
>>
>>11493115
He just bought it; in the photo the tag is still on the sleeve. I think it's a given that he hasn't had time to take it to the tailor yet.
>>
>>11493423
>padding is way too much
>patterned shirt are haram with blazers
>always needing to button up blazers

disagree with those senpai but other points are right
>>
>>11494291
Why did he buy it if the sleeves are too long? Unless you want to fuck with your cuff buttons there's not a great deal a tailor can do.
>>
File: Snapchat-3876383025066498648.jpg (707KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-3876383025066498648.jpg
707KB, 1440x2560px
I might wear this to a job interview at a cafe. What do yall think?
>>
>>11495335
That you look like a slob
>>
>>11495206
If you buy a proper jacket the sleeve's have no button's yet and a good tailor can take in from the shoulder, which should happen because the arms are made for Arnold.

>>11494324
Unless you are sitting you need to have one button on your blazer fastened.
Patterend shirts can go with blazers but not with black.
And the shoulder padding is way too much, this is 1980's Wallstreet levels.

>>11495335
Glue on a beard.
>>
>>11495335
Don't wear sneakers to a job interview jfc
>>
>>11495430
Made to measure is obviously better than off the rack, but in this case it's clear he bought it off the rack and why you would do that when the sleeves are too long is beyond me. Only excuse for this would be if you're a t-rex and your arms are too short for a short fit jacket.

Also taking sleeves in at the shoulder is a dumb idea unless you can't avoid it.
>>
>>11495206
Off-the-rack coats are at best available in three lengths, and almost never have surgeon's cuffs. Shortening the sleeve by 1/2" or so is trivially easy and the kind of thing you expect to do with OTR.
>>
>>11495706
They are just barely too long. Do you think off the rack jackets are available in quarter inch sleeve increments?
>>
>>11495335
The shirt is OK but everything else is wrong. Wear pressed chinos and adult shoes. And tuck in the shirt.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.