[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mg/ - makeup general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12

File: highlight.gif (1MB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
highlight.gif
1MB, 600x800px
>tips
>product recommendations
>personal routines
and infographics would definitely be appreciated
>>
We Used:
>Tweezerman Slant Tweezers
>Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Eyebrow Pencil in “Carmel”
>Spoolie Brush
>Angled Liner Brush
>Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in “Medium Brown”
>Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Duality in “Camille/Sand”
>Senna Concealer Brush #12
>Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel

Step by Step:
>1.+2.Brush eyebrow hairs up to expose the natural brow line.
>3.Using a tweezer, remove any unwanted hairs from below and above the brow line.
>4.Using an eyebrow pencil one or two shades lighter than the hair color, follow the natural brow line underneath, from one end to the other.
>5.Apply the pencil liner on top of the eyebrow, starting from the center, and then working your way back to the ends of the eyebrows, meeting the line that you created on the bottom. This would be an appropriate time to create a slight arch on top of the brow.
>6.Using a spoolie brush (The Brow Wiz pencil has one built in), brush the liner up into the brows, blending any harsh lines.
>7.Apply brow powder, or a matte eye shadow, with an angled brush to fill in the brow and set the color.
>8.Apply a cream concealer or highlighter, just under the entire brow and on the top outer edge of the brow. Blend using a concealer brush.
>9.Add a coat of clear brow gel, to secure any unruly hairs.
>>
File: lip-tutorials.jpg (148KB, 593x855px) Image search: [Google]
lip-tutorials.jpg
148KB, 593x855px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmDkrIflQwM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aczGioWoyVA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oL4oxt3gr8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQO0iFk6D1Y
>>
File: contour1.jpg (430KB, 750x851px) Image search: [Google]
contour1.jpg
430KB, 750x851px
1/2
>>
File: contour2.jpg (290KB, 699x818px) Image search: [Google]
contour2.jpg
290KB, 699x818px
>>11469322
2/2
>>
>>11469254
Aw shit, now this is my kind of thread.

What brands do you guys/gals use? I got a bunch of more Jane Iredale products today. Their entire line is so great.
>>
>>11469334
I've kind of lost all brand loyalty recently, but I use a lot of Kiko out of ease - good quality, affordable and cruelty free. A triad you don't see a lot of.

Also a lot of Illamasqua because their shade selection in brow products and foundation is one of the best in the UK.

Recently tried some of H&M's new beauty line and it's actually quality af. Their cream blushers are excellent and comes in a shade that's perfect for fair skin with cool olive undertones which is usually quite hard to find.
>>
File: cruelty-free-makeup-guide-2016.jpg (163KB, 800x485px) Image search: [Google]
cruelty-free-makeup-guide-2016.jpg
163KB, 800x485px
>http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/ultimate-guide-to-cruelty-free-makeup/
>>
any recomendations for eyeshadows in 30+ degree weather (celsius) everything i put melts and becomes patchy in an hour
yes i used eye primer
>>
File: 79874903248.jpg (30KB, 447x350px) Image search: [Google]
79874903248.jpg
30KB, 447x350px
>>
>>11469409
Which primer did you use? That could be the issue.
And did you use a setting spray?
>>
File: 1361567733289.jpg (158KB, 510x1905px) Image search: [Google]
1361567733289.jpg
158KB, 510x1905px
>>11469416
>>
A few YT channels that I like:
>https://www.youtube.com/user/themilkclub
>https://www.youtube.com/user/IntoTheGlossMotion
>https://www.youtube.com/user/thelookbeauty
>>
>>11469421
Lisa Eldridge is probably the best make up related youtuber there is. Would recommend her over any other.

Helps that she's one of the few that is actually an established makeup artist and isn't using youtube to shill products
>>
if anyone has an recs on darker-skinned beauty bloggers on YT, please lemme know
i kinda like angelzuri because she's one of the few that i've come across that doesn't do anything too OTT (not really into the drag queen look) but unfortunately she doesn't seem to upload that often
idk maybe i'm not looking hard enough
>>
Thoughts on guys wearing makeup?
>>
>>11469409
>>11469418
I live in a pretty hot climate and nyx matte setting spray works wonders. its cheap too
>>
>>11469531
I dont really see an issue. theres no excuse for being ugly in 2016
>>
>>11469531
go for it, man
>>
File: tbd-inner-rim-secretSTEPS.jpg (631KB, 510x1585px) Image search: [Google]
tbd-inner-rim-secretSTEPS.jpg
631KB, 510x1585px
>>
>>11469757
I don't always understand the beauty department.
Most of the time their makeup tips are complete shit, yet they end up everywhere.
>>
What would be a good brush to use for filling in my brows?
>>
File: brush_12.jpg (77KB, 1828x1828px) Image search: [Google]
brush_12.jpg
77KB, 1828x1828px
>>11470370
i use the anatasia beverly hills duo brush #12. i think its handy as hell since it comes with a little spoolie bit at the end
>>
>>11469757
i thought we left this in middle school :/
>>
>>11470562
Seconding.

But if you're on a tight budget, essence do a decent small brush for very cheap - it's their eyeliner brush but works for brows too, just lacks a spoolie
>>
>>11469418
>>11469545
ah, never used setting spray before, kinda got feeling they are a scam, might try nyx one, thnx!
>>
>>11470916
how is essence in general? it looks like it's targeted towards preteens but i've heard that their stuff is cruelty-free so at least that's nice
>>
>>11471530
Honestly depends on the product and even the colour. I like their lipliners and nail products but have no interest in their face and eye stuff. Their eyebrow gel is p. Good for the price (comes with a spoolie applicator) and for small things like nail whitener I'd rather pay €2 from Essence than like €8 from Sally Hansen.
>>
>>11469334
>Primer
Dermalogica Hydrablur primer
>BB Cream
Smashbox camera ready BB Water
>Foundation
Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation
Concealer
>Concealer
NARS Radiant creamy concealer for general stuff
MAC paint pot for undereye circles
>Highlight/blush/contour
Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette
>Eye primer
Urban Decay primer potion
>Eyeshadow
Either from a Chanel quad (Tissé D'Automne) or Naked 2
>Eyeliner
Pencil: Urban Decay 24/7
Gel: A Dior gel liner from a 5-colour eye palette
Liquid: Stila Stay All Day
(depends what I feel like)
>Mascara
Diorshow
>Eyebrows
Anastasia Brow Powder
>Lips
L'Occitane Shea Butter Lip Balm + whatever lip colours I feel like. Faves are from Bite, NARS and NYX.
>Setting powder
Laura Mercier translucent loose setting powder

In the daytime, I generally only do BB cream, eyeliner, mascara and lip balm.
>>
The boots near me got a Nyx stand recently and I see Americans mentioning Nyx a lot, so I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations to check out.

Not interested in the soft matte lip creams and I'm not into contouring so contour powders/creams won't appeal to me, but anything else they do that's good I'm interested in hearing
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 1242x2208px
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 479x639px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 479x639px
>>
>>11472365
my boots got one like last year; they do nice eyeshadows and face makeup as far as i know, and if you're interested in a slightly more avant garde/bright look i wold definitely recommend their coloured mascaras.
also highly rec their eyebrow mascara that shit saves lives and doesn't feel so crusty like the maybelline one
their brushes are nice too
the soft matte lip cremes apply like a dream but they come off so easily </3 if anyone is looking for a good liquid lip i would say go for their liquid suede/lingerie collections
>>
not entirely makeup but is there any way to train eyebrow hairs to grow a certain direction? one of my eyebrows is perfect but the other has hairs at the edge that grow straight out instead of at a curve like my other eyebrow. i don't want to just cut it into shape, but using eyebrow gels on a daily basis doesn't seem like the best option especially if im in a rush
>>
>>11469420
>subtle
>>
>>11474854
just use spoolie few times a day and brush them in direction u want, gel helps too, no other way
>>
How do you clean the sides around a nail without taking the paint off the nail itself?
>>
>>11477049
Either use a liquid nail tape before applying product or use a very thin brush and use acetone in a very controlled way painting around the edge to correct overspill.

Or just learn to apply more neatly.
>>
>>11469334
Innisfree because it's cheaper than buying even drugstore products in my shite country and the ingredients are nice, they tend to use silica instead of talc in their powder products
Seriously, 90% of my (admittedly small and basic) makeup bag is innisfree. The rest are that L'Oréal Lumi concealer (doesn't crease, great for undereye circles), a bunch of Biore sunscreens and 2 Hurraw lip balms (you can get them cheaply on iherb if you're a europoor like me, they smell great and are super moisturising)

Most of my makeup can withstand a 10+ hour workday of physical labour and sweating so I'm immensely proud of my collection. I don't even use a primer anywhere other than my undereyes.
>>
>>11469458
Patricia Bright
>>
>>11469236
>use makeup almost everyday for about 2-3 years now
>always ultra-paranoid about it being visible and obvious

some people have pointed it out. sometimes it looks good I think, but sometimes I see a reflection of myself somewhere in public and it's so obvious aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>11477368
holy fuck do I know this feel

makeup makes me look younger indoors and older outdoors
>>
>>11478277
>>11477368
Learn to not apply foundation with a gardening trowel and git gud
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.